• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What the everloving hell??

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Yeah, don't really see it as a problem either. That thread is pretty popular so it deserves to be stickied. :P It doesn't deserve to be down at the bottom.

Lerroux

Ruler of PC
Years
  • Seen Mar 6, 2015
eh no I'd rather not have that thread stickied because it looks stupid. do we need more stupidity around here?

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
eh no I'd rather not have that thread stickied because it looks stupid. do we need more stupidity around here?

Well that's wonderful seeing as you've been around for all of five minutes and have a total of zero posts in OVP and zero understanding of the members of OVP or even PC in general. Why is someone as high up as yourself even concerning him/herself with matters to do with specific boards? You don't see Steve jumping in offering his opinions.

Last edited:

Lerroux

Ruler of PC
Years
  • Seen Mar 6, 2015
hey I was just offering my opinion man, no need to go psycho on me. :|

Shining Raichu

Years
Well I mean welcome and everything, glad to have you on board, but implying that the forums are stupid enough already is a hell of a judgment call to make for somebody with 18 posts and a join date of earlier this week.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
Um, so I thought someone got a name change and I was about to ***** about that because that wouldn't be very fair, but I think I'm a little more interested (for lack of more polite words) in the fact that there's a completely new admin. Like, who are you? Where did you come from? What are you doing here?

Lerroux

Ruler of PC
Years
  • Seen Mar 6, 2015
hey man, chill. I've been paying attention to the PokeCommunity forums for years, so yes I do think I have a right to judge whether there is stupidity here or not.

To Patchisou Yutohru: Steve recently decided to reward me by promoting me to admin for providing traffic to this forum for many years. I'm simply making use of that right by contributing to community matters.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
Well herp let's just make the Google bots admins as well using that logic derp.

Years
I was against the idea of the Dear Anon thread even coming back, having a thread stuck which has every member moaning about something going on in their life and they don't have a backbone to admit it and do something about it is just annoying.

Also, new admin is in my good books already. I am on Sammi's side.​

Shining Raichu

Years
The merit of the thread itself is not in question. That went through HQ and it was agreed that the thread was allowed to exist again, despite the (somewhat irrelevant) opinions of the people who would not even be affected by it.

Whether or not all the staff like the thread is completely immaterial. The fact remains that it is by far the most popular thread in OVP and brings a lot of traffic to the forum. The members - the ones we're meant to be doing all this for - do like the thread, and use it often. And as I said, they felt it should be stickied, and I agreed.

There is simply no need for this discussion. It is between me and sammi, and perhaps if sammi could gain some impulse control and talk to me rather submitting to her kneejerk reaction to make a Staff Lounge thread about every move I make, we could have fewer of these pointless threads taking up everybody's time and energy.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
I voted no to reviving that thread in the HQ and I'm going to agree with the new purple person and Sammi and say that thread should be unstickied. And possibly bring SR up for some sort of warning. This thread should never have existed to begin with.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Tbh I'm amazed this thread wasn't stickied from the very start. It's the best thread on the whole site imo. Its how I get my friends to know when they're being dicks, I can complain about my boyfriend, I get to know what people think of me, it helped me through rehab, it cured my mother of cancer, saved Peach from Bowser, and even now it's in the slums of Calcutta nursing the innocent back to health. You can't tell me THAT isn't a thread worth stickying. If anything, Andy should be given a freaking noble prize for creating this thread and you people that disagree should be ashamed of yourselves.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
I agree completely that Shining Raichu should be given a moderator warning for making rash decisions without informing his co-mod.

That aside, I think it's best left stuck. It wasn't going away any time soon anyway, so why not make it easier to access?

Back