• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Hyetology

Do you mind corrupted music (I'll fix it later)?

• No - I mute VBA's volume anyway

Votes: 664 55.6%
  • No - I can deal with it for now

Votes: 263 22.0%
  • Yes - I won't play if the music is corrupted

Votes: 54 4.5%
  • Yes - It'll kinda ruin it for me :/

Votes: 213 17.8%

• Total voters
Years
  • Seen Aug 1, 2017
just rename it and add ".ups"

i don't care about little glitches or sth. but when i exit mt. corona, the "Chapter 2" screen gets frozen everytime. Menu and select buttons are working, i think character is walking too, when i move it with arrow buttons.. but the screen is all "Chapter 2". How can i fix it?

I've got this too, I'm guessing this symbolises the end of the current beta?

Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2013
I do hope you aren't trying to play the IPS/UPS file you downloaded... right?
I was idk how to change them I downloaded Victory fire and it worked so i tried downloading these other roms and they dont work at all if someone can help me like send a message on how to correctly download lol. also does someone know a rom for HG and SS that doesnt freeze if they can send that to me 2 i'd love you forever (:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I was idk how to change them I downloaded Victory fire and it worked so i tried downloading these other roms and they dont work at all if someone can help me like send a message on how to correctly download lol. also does someone know a rom for HG and SS that doesnt freeze if they can send that to me 2 i'd love you forever (:
You need to download Lunar IPS for patching IPS files and Tsukuyomi for UPS patches.

Years
  • Seen Nov 27, 2014
This hack is pretty neat, but I'm stuck like chuck. I've already beaten the gym leader in new gotham and have surf, however I can't find any pokemon compadable with it. Was I supposed to start with the water type?

Years
This hack is pretty neat, but I'm stuck like chuck. I've already beaten the gym leader in new gotham and have surf, however I can't find any pokemon compadable with it. Was I supposed to start with the water type?
Sometimes in a hack a specific starter can make a game easy but that does not means you cannot play with other pokes . Just use a strategy or power up your team to beat Chuck

Years
  • Seen Nov 27, 2014
Sometimes in a hack a specific starter can make a game easy but that does not means you cannot play with other pokes . Just use a strategy or power up your team to beat Chuck
When I said stuck like Chuck I was just rhyming xD.Because it looks like you need to surf(no where else to go), I'm just asking what to do because I can't find any water types in the wild.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 10, 2022
Looks very vice :D But as someone else said some of the screenshots look a little plain.

hinkage

Everyone currently in an argument with this member
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
http://www.mediafire.com/?1any7y2kyglgg76

Here ya go, .1 file extension fix, and chapter 2 glitch fixed hopefully. Ugggh -- read the READMEPLZ file also please, it loves you, needs attention, and also has some important new info.

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
Ugggh -- read the READMEPLZ file also please, it loves you, needs attention, and also has some important new info.
I don't know whether you have this kind of a script in the game already, but if there are certain things you want people to know about the hack (engine hacks, moveset changes and such) before they start playing, have you considered building the information in the game?

Have a book or a thing similar to that in the main player's room. With multichoice options, you can choose the topic you want to read about and the book covers all the information about the hack you want to share. This would also solve the problem for those getting the hack elsewhere (most people gets these hacks from "less legal" sources, whether we want it or not).

Of course, README is there for stating people to read it. But still, probably less than 5% of people really do that, and I'm actually no exception (tend to check readme only if I have problems with getting the wanted thing to work).

So yeah, just a piece of advice. Do as you like, I personally will include this kind of a "feature" in my own hack.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

hinkage

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
I don't know whether you have this kind of a script in the game already, but if there are certain things you want people to know about the hack (engine hacks, moveset changes and such) before they start playing, have you considered building the information in the game?

Have a book or a thing similar to that in the main player's room. With multichoice options, you can choose the topic you want to read about and the book covers all the information about the hack you want to share. This would also solve the problem for those getting the hack elsewhere (most people gets these hacks from "less legal" sources, whether we want it or not).

Of course, README is there for stating people to read it. But still, probably less than 5% of people really do that, and I'm actually no exception (tend to check readme only if I have problems with getting the wanted thing to work).

So yeah, just a piece of advice. Do as you like, I personally will include this kind of a "feature" in my own hack.

Spoiler:

It's easier to have a readme rather than to waste space adding all that text in-game, and also having to make it fit into the textbox. Plus it's not explanations about the game or anything, only future plans and stuff. :P

Years
  • Seen Mar 17, 2017
i think beta ends after the battle against mesa c.e.o. darwin. hinkage doesn't want to continue anymore on this hack, so that must be the end :)

hinkage

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
i think beta ends after the battle against mesa c.e.o. darwin. hinkage doesn't want to continue anymore on this hack, so that must be the end :)

No, that isn't the end.

Back