• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Silver's Pixel Cave

Silversnk

Valar Dohaeris
Years
Hello there, welcome to my pixel art gallery. Here I'll show you some of my old works and the ones I'll be doing from now on. Most of them are just doodles and scratches, but you can also find Tiles and Trainers.

Old Works:
Spoiler:

Trainers:
Spoiler:

Tiles:
Spoiler:

Fakes:
Spoiler:

Scratches and Reposing:
Spoiler:

Pixel Overs:
Spoiler:

Other Stuff:
Spoiler:

Thanks for spending some time to watch! I'll be updating soon.

Last edited:

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
So this is a nice collection of Pixel Art which I can't leave without commenting.

The old sprites are... well, old. And I happen to ignore sprites which are old, since your style might have considerably developed by now, and commenting on the old is not useful since you might have noticed the errors and corrected them.

And the old Volkner looks like a family man with the change of colours.
Lina looks great, although the right arm (left from here) disappears mid way, which is peculiar since the main characters should have clear, visible bodies xD.

That tileset looks really nice, complete with that custom cave-style. I think the tree's width at the ends of the green can be shortened, though.

The Fake, meh, you should to a revamp of him like you said xD. But still, everything's in place except for the eyes which should be smaller in comparison with the body to make it look less chibi.

The Froakie's eyes could use a bit of gleamening, becuz it's too wide to have only three colours in it.

That. Fakedex. Template. Is. Completely. Awesome. Awesome format, there, and I like the new Elemental type look. I also happen to like the font, which maybe pulls of the whole thing. Nice nifty background, too.

Silversnk

Valar Dohaeris
Years
Thanks for leaving a comment! :)

Lina looks great, although the right arm (left from here) disappears mid way, which is peculiar since the main characters should have clear, visible bodies xD.

Actually, I tried to draw the arm but it didn't came out great, also I'm lazy... xD

That tileset looks really nice, complete with that custom cave-style. I think the tree's width at the ends of the green can be shortened, though.

Thanks, the tileset is the one I'm working with the most, as I want to have it almost finished by the time I actually start using it. I'm not really sure what you meant by the "ends of the green". If that means the shadow, then I have to say it used to be shorter but it didn't blend well with the rest of the tileset that way.

The Fake, meh, you should to a revamp of him like you said xD. But still, everything's in place except for the eyes which should be smaller in comparison with the body to make it look less chibi.

I'm disliking the fake now, it looks more like a Digimon than an actual GF-Styled Pokémon. I think it's too big, it makes it look too close and the fake in size its supposed to be much bigger.

The Froakie's eyes could use a bit of gleamening, becuz it's too wide to have only three colours in it.

Done =D.

I updated the froakie sprite and tweaked a little the Fakedex. The font in the example and the font provided below were a little different, also I did some minor changes to it.

I'll be adding more sprites to the collection very soon!

Silversnk

Valar Dohaeris
Years
Updated! - Now every regular sprite have transparent background. The Fakedex was missing the "F" letter.

Also included this new Fake:

v3dcmt.jpg

Vardenly: It's an Electric/Grass legendary Pokémon.

New mountain tiles: (I think I'll be switching to a more cartoony-style for the game)

2ezn5o6.png

And re-designed Esklerios:

jgmptu.png

I don't really like it, but it looks better than the other one. I think I'll be working with this one a little longer than expected.

Last edited:

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Updated! - Added a new Pixel over and a provisional map (It's just a concept) for my game.

x3771g.png

w7o5lf.png

I could use a little feedback here /:

Great work with the Mewtwo there, and I like the anti-aliasing you put in. And the left arm, the one pointing up, its outlines on the fingers look incomplete.

The region map might be concept, but it looks good nonetheless. Unfortunately, I'm not an expert in region maps, so I can't help you much there.

Demon Days

Element of Magic
Years
Updated! - Added a new Pixel over and a provisional map (It's just a concept) for my game.

x3771g.png

w7o5lf.png

I could use a little feedback here /:
I have one thing to say. With the map... having a desert right next to a forest makes no sense. I suggest you put desert-y plains on each side of the desert.

Silversnk

Valar Dohaeris
Years
I have one thing to say. With the map... having a desert right next to a forest makes no sense. I suggest you put desert-y plains on each side of the desert.

Actually the trees make sense because the desert it's next to a river (A good example is the Nile River in Egypt.) And well, that wasn't meant to be a forest, just random trees around.
But yeah you're right about the plains, thanks for that!

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
Hmm. You've got some decent work here. Esklerios' newest sprite is pretty sexy, I must admit. It's sort of a shame his overall design changed, I personally liked the old one better. Your Volkner sprite looks fine, but you really didn't do all too much to it, so ... Yeah. Ray's a little iffy though, his sprite's hair look a little malshapen. like it's been smashed down from bedhead on one side.

All in all these are pretty well done.

Silversnk

Valar Dohaeris
Years
Hmm. You've got some decent work here. Esklerios' newest sprite is pretty sexy, I must admit. It's sort of a shame his overall design changed, I personally liked the old one better. Your Volkner sprite looks fine, but you really didn't do all too much to it, so ... Yeah. Ray's a little iffy though, his sprite's hair look a little malshapen. like it's been smashed down from bedhead on one side.

All in all these are pretty well done.

Thanks for commenting! I'm not 100% sure if that Esklerios would be the final sprite, but the other design was just too hard for me to pull it off, especially on that pose. I fixed the map, and Ray's hair, the older one was made by looking at Volkner's and the outcome was a little weird indeed.

2ljq5w9.png

Update! - Here some new sprites:

30maic1.png

Pirate Persian (Water Re-type)

jhsdx0.png

Rainbow Stantler (Psychic Re-type)

dnzl1f.png

And a little project for Mystical Grief: The Egg Project! (A custom egg for every individual pokémon -evo's obviously doesn't count)

Edit:

x363v5.png

I just had to be the first one.

Last edited:
Back