• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2013
Hey guys, really sorry to be a pain! But is it possible to update the hack and keep playing where you left off? I've played up to 2.5 or something (the one that finished with the purr-fect hero), do I have to start again to play the latest?

Update: Nevermind!

Last edited:
Years
Hey guys, really sorry to be a pain! But is it possible to update the hack and keep playing where you left off? I've played up to 2.5 or something (the one that finished with the purr-fect hero), do I have to start again to play the latest?

If you don't mind i'll answer your question

you can continue your game if you want, mine i just change my save file name to the name of the latest beta and it works, but i suggest you start over again bcoz there a lot of changes like went you get bulbasaur, charmander, squirtle they're holding an item

and one thing only bulbasaur you have to catch, charmander and squirtle will just join your team..

Enjoy the game

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2011
I remember catching a clefairy on my last save file, but now I'm walking around at Mt Moon and I can't find anything but Zubat and Pidgeys and other random Pokémon ...

Or can you only catch Clefairy at day-time?

already fixed ..
---

In the episode where Togepi hatches, Ash gest a PokéDex upgrade, is that also implemented in the hack? Do you get a National Dex?

just to know if it's useful to continue training a Zubat ..

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
kurcioDurcio says that metapod is busy at school so who knows when..

I don't go to school anymore. I'm just taking a break.

already fixed ..
---

In the episode where Togepi hatches, Ash gest a PokéDex upgrade, is that also implemented in the hack? Do you get a National Dex?

just to know if it's useful to continue training a Zubat ..

Yes, there's a computer you can talk to before Togepi hatches where you can call Prof. Oak and he'll update you to the National Dex.

Years
  • Seen Dec 24, 2011

Yes, there's a computer you can talk to before Togepi hatches where you can call Prof. Oak and he'll update you to the National Dex.

Hey man I was just wondering will this Hack continue to Johto? (Johto and Kanto are the two best ones in my opinion... Not to say Hoen was bad.... but the other games just didnt compare to these two. (For people who aren't huge pokemon fans... Kanto = Pokemon Red/Yellow/Blue / Johto = Pokemon Gold/Silver / Hoen = Pokemon Ruby/Saphire)).

Btw im so happy you are still working on this Hack. Keep up to awsome work.
Ps. if you need any help id be glad to try to.

Last edited:
Years

hi metapod nice to see you again in this thread,i have one question why i don't receive a call from misty sister when i go out in the rock tunnel, i been trying to figured it out if i missed something, but i coming out with the same, i been start a new game 3 times,coz not only me having trouble about the misty mermaid event. hope you can help me

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
hi metapod nice to see you again in this thread,i have one question why i don't receive a call from misty sister when i go out in the rock tunnel, i been trying to figured it out if i missed something, but i coming out with the same, i been start a new game 3 times,coz not only me having trouble about the misty mermaid event. hope you can help me

I don't know why. A message should come up after you take a few steps when you leave the Rock Tunnel saying that a phone is ringing. I don't know why it wouldn't.

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2011
What happened to the safari zone? There are seemingly no Pokémon in the grass in the 3rd & 4th area (and the only ones i come across in area 1 & 2 are Tauros and Rhyhorn), is that some kind of bug?

Years
  • Seen Jan 5, 2013
I can't do the bulbasaur event
when I enter the hidden village the entire screen turns black.
why do it that happen?

Last edited:

redwolf915

Trainer
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 28, 2014
What happened to the safari zone? There are seemingly no Pokémon in the grass in the 3rd & 4th area (and the only ones i come across in area 1 & 2 are Tauros and Rhyhorn), is that some kind of bug?

Because Ash caught a LOT of Tauros.

Years
Question: At the northpole, whilst wandering outside, I sometimes encounter wild Sunflora (always at the far right side of the screen). This was the case in older betas, but I don't know if anyone mentioned this problem before.. I know for sure this isn't supposed to happen :D

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016

The encounter ratio for Pokemon in areas 1 & 2 is much higher, and there's mostly Tauros and some Rhyhorn to replicate the anime. In Areas 3 & 4 there are less Tauros, but the encounter ratio is the same as in the original games.

I can't do the bulbasaur event
when I enter the hidden village the entire screen turns black.
why do it that happen?

I tested the Hidden Village just now, but I didn't have any problems. Try a different rom.

Question: At the northpole, whilst wandering outside, I sometimes encounter wild Sunflora (always at the far right side of the screen). This was the case in older betas, but I don't know if anyone mentioned this problem before.. I know for sure this isn't supposed to happen :D

The Wild Data for all of the maps used in the North Pole don't have any Sunflora in them. I tried to test it, but I didn't get it to happen to me. I'm not sure why that's happening in your game.

Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2011
Hm ... a hack really interesting and unique, haha ​​the idea is very creative.
But anyway, the only thing I can say is that you are good, but;
The tiles, they look very bad, try using tiles that stick well to the hack, and I agreed. Another thing I dislike are the sprites of the introduction.

But at home, I was, "OwO" lol looks really amazing;)
Many and good luck ^^

Salu2! n_n

Tan and Teal

DS ROM Hacker
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 23, 2019
This hack has alot of creativity to it. I'm surprised that nintendo hasn't came up with an idea like this. If you do the first movie, I can't wait to see how you make all of those pokemon come out at once.

Years
The Wild Data for all of the maps used in the North Pole don't have any Sunflora in them. I tried to test it, but I didn't get it to happen to me. I'm not sure why that's happening in your game.

I haven't played the latest beta yet, so maybe it doesn't matter, but in older betas I usually encountered wild Sunflora at specific places on the map. Glitchy ones, that is; sometimes level 99 or something like that. Strange huh..

Back