• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Do we need past legendaries?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
While the pokedex thread is discussing past Pokemon you want to appear, this is more of a question as to whether the games themselves need past legendaries appearing, and whether you think there will be any both national and regional. Given that legendaries are on everyone's minds - we've received so many past legendaries from the third generation just over a year ago in B2/W2 and the 3DS can still trade with DPPt, and everything from generation 3 upwards that isn't included in B2/W2 can be migrated through a DS, do you think we'll see past legendary Pokemon at all? Do you think with the region probably being further away this will be less likely? Do you think we've simply seen too many in recent games, and having access to them just won't occur given that it would be overkill? Discuss! This includes both through specific events, and actual areas in-game, by the way.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I think there could potentially be past legendaries, like roaming legendaries such as the trio lake guardians (mesprit, uxie, and azelf) or the three legendary birds of kanto (moltres, zapdos, articuno). But, then there's the question of, will the past legendaries be involved with the main plot, or will they be only post-game material?

Someone mentioned on how Mewtwo could possibly be in the games, and I said, 'hey, why not!' With this lil tidbit:

I think Mewtwo and Mew can have the potential of making a return with the theme of genetics. I mean, in the game, what do we actually know about Mewtwo other than it was man-made from Mew's genes, and that it was designed to be the ultimate fighting machine? I mean, aside from the anime, I think that maybe they can show more of Mewtwo's own personal feelings and own willpower. Well, I guess the question of the day might be, would Mewtwo influence the Gen 6's legendary pokemon? And will Mew make a brief scene as well? There's kiiind of not that much we know about Mew as well; he's suggested to be the 'ancestor' of all pokemon and supposedly has the genes of all pokemon because it can learn every move.

There can be cool stuff they can do with that~!

Buuut I think if we do get past legendaries, I'd bet that they will most likely be post game available pokemon. Even though the region is isolated, I'd still bet we get to see some past legendaries; it has happened before. But, should we have access to them all? Well, I'd say there's a limit there. I guess some main-stream past legendaries such as Dialga, Palkia, Groudon, and Kyogre could be only events.

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
Unless the plot of a game specifically ties in with past legendaries, and assuming that transfer from past generations will be possible, I don't think they should be there. Just sticking the legendaries in somewhere so that they're catchable just cheapens them, IMO. They are, after all, supposed to be legendary pokemon - unique, highly prized, special. Not just some run of the mill things that you trip over in every region you go to.

SoulSilver10112

George the Poliwag
Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2013
I would like some past legendaries to appear, but I think it'd be best if they were post national dex.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I would like to see the muskeeters reappear, maybe change Keldeo's Resolution stats this time. Mew, Mewtwo, Deoxys, and Genesect maybe too. Also Kyurem and the rest of the Tao trio if they plan to finish the fusion and show the original dragon here (where if genetics are perfected could create a three way DNA splicer).

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I would like to see the muskeeters reappear, maybe change Keldeo's Resolution stats this time. Mew, Mewtwo, Deoxys, and Genesect maybe too. Also Kyurem and the rest of the Tao trio if they plan to finish the fusion and show the original dragon here (where if genetics are perfected could create a three way DNA splicer).

This thread is about whether you think they should appear though, and why, and not what you want to appear, given your wants are for the PokeDex thread! :3

As for me, honestly I'm sick of certain past legendaries and I'd be glad if they were gone completely. ;( So ya, not necessary for me given that people get sick of them easily, such as I.

Years
Well they got rid of Kanto's and Johto's as they didn't appear in B2W2...so Hoenn's will proably be next... (until remakes).

I however would like to see some appear, I enjoy catching legends. And who knows perhaps GF saved Kanto and Johto's for these games...crosses fingers.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
I'm thinking that while it would be nice to have past Legendary Pokémon... that could actually be a possibility. And I think it would be great to have past Legendary Pokémon. ^^

Hm... for past legendary Pokémon I'd like to see in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y... would be Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza, which are the legendaries from Generation III, we haven't seen them since HeartGold and SoulSilver. xD

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Personally, I'd like a chance to catch Celebi, Mew, and Jirachi in the wild. That'd be really neat... and of course, if there are any other legendaries that we cannot get to the sixth generation, I'd like a way to get them as well. But mainly, I'd like those three. :3 Come on, a pretty Mew in a non-standard ball? Yespls.

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2013
Unless I'm mistaken, every new set of games only has Legendary Pokemon from the current Generation. (I don't recall any Gen 1-4 Legends in Black and White) So, no. X and Y will more than likely only have Legendary Pokemon from Gen 6. The new Pokemon should be getting the spotlight now, not old ones.

Years
Unless I'm mistaken, every new set of games only has Legendary Pokemon from the current Generation. (I don't recall any Gen 1-4 Legends in Black and White) So, no. X and Y will more than likely only have Legendary Pokemon from Gen 6. The new Pokemon should be getting the spotlight now, not old ones.
True, not even Generation 2 did that, lacking Mewtwo, and the bird trio. So likely we won't see any foreign legends until the third version/sequel(s) and remakes.

blue

gucci
Years
As far as I'm concerned we always get some past legendaries appearing in-game post storyline so I can only assume it will happen once again. As for legendaries I would like to see return, it would be nice to see the three Musketeers and The Lake Trio again.

Midkari10

Oshawotts shine!
Years
I would like to see past generation Legendaries be catchable, but they'll probably hold it off until the third version/sequel/remake like they did in the past.

As for what Pokemon I'd like to see, definitely include Latios and Latias again. Maybe the Musketeer Trio as well?

~ Hikari

ArcanineIsDaBomb

Arcanine + Golurk
Years
Hmm not particularly, I've found legendaries have lost their spark when so many appear and since legendaries like the Kanto Bird trio appear in almost every game, its tiring seeing them returning game after game. However, I would love to see Latias and Latios return or some sort of Pokemon you could only get through event before e.g. Celebi.

~Rainbow

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
Considering this region is based on France, it'd make most sense for the Muskedeer trio to make a return at least for obvious reasons, others though, I doubt they really need to reappear until the "possible" 3rd game or sequels.

Years
  • Seen Jan 15, 2013
Don't think we really need them appearing, I believe each of the new legendaries have their own stories to tell

Schwan

Frontier Brain
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 2, 2016
I'd like ones to return as long as it's not ones who've returned often like Latios and Latias.

Years
  • Seen Sep 26, 2013
Maybe it would be nice to see old event legendaries, like jirachi, deoxys and darkrai, to be available in the game withouth the need of an event,it would be nice to see, i for example, live in an area where there never ever has been done a pokemon event and the only place in my country (the netherlands) who used to do them stopped doing them.

Back