• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

College students: What's your major?

Years
HAI GUYZ! <--- I'm feeling awfully silly today... ^_^

I'm just curious as to what everyone's major is and what they plan to do with their lives after graduation. (Isn't that a scary thought?)

I'm an Art Education major. I suppose I'm going to go right to grad school for a Masters in Elementary Education. My parents are the ones who want me to go right to grad school. I suppose it will pay me back in the end, what with how low teacher's salaries are... -_-

Merzbau

it's just a ride.
Years
HAI GUYZ! <--- I'm feeling awfully silly today... ^_^

I'm just curious as to what everyone's major is and what they plan to do with their lives after graduation. (Isn't that a scary thought?)

I'm an Art Education major. I suppose I'm going to go right to grad school for a Masters in Elementary Education. My parents are the ones who want me to go right to grad school. I suppose it will pay me back in the end, what with how low teacher's salaries are... -_-

Wooooord@the arts.

I'm not in college yet, but I plan on going for journalism or creative writing...something of that sort. Maybe a minor in political science or something.

:]

Nacon

Item Trafficker
Years
I'm Pre-law and I'm Majoring in Spanish.

lol.. considering I speak it pretty well, I know that sounds redundant, but I want to have formal documentation proving that I have formal training and command in a second language. It's definitely gonna be a good business asset in the, hopefully, near future.

Nacon

Item Trafficker
Years
Chemistry: AKA
"I'LL BLOW YOU ALL UP AILFSJDOPLIJfop;slkjf"
*boom*

ILU <3

Nacon, I fed you a rare candy

rock on the rare candies...

and please utilize morality when you utilize your degree in Chemistry... the world has plenty of Meth Labs.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I'm at Sheridan majoring in Classical 2D Animation, (and Stop-Motion, Cutout, and 3-D Animation, too.)
We also do concept at with Gouache, (a type of paint), character design, and layout drawing.

It's a lot of work, but it's pretty fun~ :3

BlueLunarAngel

Borg Queen In-Training
Years
Med School is highly competitive, so if anyone's going for MD, they need to cater to what the schools are looking for.

I'm studying Biology (with a concentration in Zoology).
Honestly, I'd be happy just landing a position at a local vet clinic or hospital (but not as the vet). The natural world is just an interest of mine, and I love animals. A bachelors in anything really is all that's required to get your foot through some more doors.

Lumine

Basement Cat
Years
Doing Mecha Engineering there's no fun therefore sucks and I'm planning to move to either Chem / Mining Engineering next year =\

Gerri Shin

  
Years
well, I guess you could say I majored in graphic design, but to be honest I spent only 1 year in college before I got Pro classification in Photoshop. (by the way I only spent 1 year in that college because I realy didn't like it there after about a month. I also have no degree. I just have classifications and statuses. i guess what I really wnat to do is teach what I know, but I'm still learning that)

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
Years
Carleton University - Environmental Engineering.

Cool to all of you guys in Medicine.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 2, 2014
My profile on my college's website says my major is 'Liberal Arts' or something IIRC.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
I'm running around taking classes towards a Liberal Arts degree, which I just call an English degree. If the colleges down south where I'm moving to have a program in history that focuses on Egyptology, then I'll get a degree in that and write historical fiction. If not, then I'll just be a copywriter.

txteclipse

The Last
Years
I will be taking Mechanical Engineering. Which isn't boring if there's enough labs.

Killer robots FTW. Building one now...wait did I say that out loud?

Anyways, other things I've considered are some type of English, Electrical Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering, Software Engineering, Physics, and some type of art. I could just spend the rest of my life picking up degrees in things I like, but for some reason I don't think that's the way to go >.>

Ah well. There's always the internets to teach me things.

Back