• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotM April] POKéMON Turquoise [BETA 1 RELEASED]

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
Hello, I seem to be having a bit of a problem. I've downloaded the IPS version and patched it and all that. When I open the file onto my VBA, however, the screen that says "Your copy of this work may not be legitimate; click any button to continue" shows up. No matter what button I press, and no matter how many times I press that or any other button, nothing happens. Any ideas on how I can fix that?
Well, actually, you have to press Z-which is A button on VBA, or X-which
is B button on VBA, not "any" button.

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
OK, so now I'm back and I should be able to start reinserting every single thing. I am so not looking forward to that.

Yeah, Mario is an Italian name, but he also a Nintendo character. Did you really put him in this hack?
-_-

Why don't you play it and find out? >.>

Every Italian/Hispanic person named Mario ever =/= Nintendo's Mario.
Totally correct. :)
Thanks.

hey guys how many badges can you get in thiz game???
In the finished version, there will be 8, but in the playable beta, you can only get 1.

You're right. Mario is the Italian Person instead.
:)

Hey, i have a question guys.
Im using NO$GBA.
I used the A-Patch with the .APS file and patched a clean version of Fire Red.
Everytime i load it, it's just Fire Red, not the actual patched game. Also the emulator crashes if i use a file patched with the IPS version.
Help plz
That is strange. Perhaps you should just use VBA? That's what I use and it works for me.

Use the Visual Boy Advance emulator. That's what most all of these hacks were made for.
Thanks again :D

It worked for me, except the title screen is unchanged.
I'm perfectly aware of that, and I'm planning to release a new beta 1 with the title screen, OWs and the worldmap inserted.

He probably just hasn't bothered with the title screen yet. You know how much of a pain they are compared to sprites and such? They're a nightmare to edit...
Actually, the title screen has been made, but not in the playable beta yet.

Anyways, Sunlight, it's now time for... BUG REPORTS!
*Murkrow's overworld sprite displays Nidoran (f) at any angle other than the front. (I'm sure you already knew that, though.) Haha, yes, I knew. I'll be sure to fix it.
*The girl who gives you the Sunny Day TM will give it to you every time you leave and come back to Eggnest Town. (Bad flag check, perhaps?)This is strange O.o - I'll take a look at the script.
*The PokéDex is all kinds of screwed up. For the most part, everything displays correctly. You've obviously edited the order of the Dex, but you've caused some errors as well: Yeah, the Pokedex is quite a mess. That's because I tried to change its order.
---When I caught Murkrow, it acted like it registered Murkrow's PokéDex data as normal, but added Wigglytuff to the Dex instead.
---That Ground-Type fake you added (can't remember its name >.<) registers Sandshrew's data.
---Most of the Pokémon are listed as #000 instead of their original (or new) number.
Spoiler:

*I've also discovered a very... interesting glitch. It's relatively minor, although very annoying, and I've seen similar glitches in various FireRed hacks...
Some of your scripts are flawed (I haven't delved too deep in scripting, but I can tell) which can cause errors in FireRed when the overworld map view disappears, then must re-render. In other words, when one of these scripts is on-screen, and something causes the overworld map to go away, such as looking at your Bag, Pokémon, Trainer Card, etc. a glitch will occur when you exit from that menu. Other hacks usually crash when this glitch comes up, but yours has a more minor (and hilarious) result:
You take control of the flawed sprite. And I know how to fix it now :D
Some examples of this:
---The kid with the blue hat in the top-right of the route between your hometown and the Tunnel.
---An invisible sprite used for camera panning in Eggnest Town. (I think this script is located either in front of the candy shop's door)
---The girl who gives you the TM for Sunny Day.
This glitch also causes problems with the 'flashback' sequences that play when you load your saved game internally. If the flashback renders a screen with one of the flawed scripts on it, your avatar will disappear and (regardless of gender) the male avatar will appear where the flawed script is and carry out your actions from that spot instead of where you were actually standing.
I had recorded a video to post, but I forgot to compress the encoding, so it came out about 330MB for 45 seconds of footage.... I'll try again later...
So there's my long, detailed bug report. ^^ Looks like you're starting over, though, so maybe this will be irrelevant the second time around?
I'll try hard.

Anyway, killer hack! The slowed progress is sad, but I'm rooting for you!
The replies are in bold.
And, thank you!

It's sad that Tropical Sunlight's precious work got glitched.

Oh well, we have to wait for a month or so to see how he progressed
with the Hack.

Anyways, YOU CAN DO IT! And you got all of our support! :D

Good Luck on this one! We're rooting for you on this one! :3
Thanks for your support :)

hey hey
im wondering
when i download the beta
its the normal pokemon i get
not the fakemon
has anyone else got the problem
Could you be a bit more specific?

My guess is that you never patched it correctly.
Anyway, hoping to see beta 2 soon! :)
Yeah, thanks :)

hey i use the aps patch not the ips
is the ips one that got the fakemon in it
and it makes me cry too :'(
Both patches patch the same hack.

Hello, I seem to be having a bit of a problem. I've downloaded the IPS version and patched it and all that. When I open the file onto my VBA, however, the screen that says "Your copy of this work may not be legitimate; click any button to continue" shows up. No matter what button I press, and no matter how many times I press that or any other button, nothing happens. Any ideas on how I can fix that?
You can change your controls in VBA's settings. My guess is you haven't done that yet, and the button A is the keyboard Z.

Well, actually, you have to press Z-which is A button on VBA, or X-which
is B button on VBA, not "any" button.
It works with Start and Select too :P

One more note:
You can edit the control buttons as you desire.
Of course you can.

DuoRyan

Hack'in as usual, it seem.
Years
Welcome back!
Hopefully you will manage to reinsert everything.
Well good luck for your hack.

nasonex

is trying to learn how to hack
Years
It's good to know your back! We missed you!

Now the Hack will hopefully get going even if it will be
slowly but surely.

Good luck on inserting everything again. I know it will be
easy for you because you've done it in the past so it'll be
no problem. It just takes time.

Anyways Good luck on your work! Again, nice to see you back. :D

Years
  • Seen Aug 1, 2016
Is this a glitch? I really can't stop it.
Random times on the screen, I lose control of my character and when I use the directional pad it just moves the map a bit. It's the second time it happened, and I didn't even get that far into the game.

LassLaura

Pikachu Ga Gotoku
Years
Is this a glitch? I really can't stop it.
Random times on the screen, I lose control of my character and when I use the directional pad it just moves the map a bit. It's the second time it happened, and I didn't even get that far into the game.
Was it after you won a battle or opened your bag and closed it? If so, it's a well-known glitch and will be fixed come the new beta.

Years
  • Seen Aug 1, 2016
I don't think I did any of those.
I was just walking and it happened. Oh well, I'll wait for the new beta then.

Years
Is it just me, or is this hack incredibly glitchy? I've had numerous problems, very early on in the game. Depending on where I save, different glitches appear.

Firstly, if I save anywhere near the guy next to my house, my character becomes incapable of moving. Instead, the guy next to my house starts to move, gliding all across the map, unlike the usual form of movement, which is walking. Also, if he moves to a certain area of the map, his sprite is replaced with an old dude. Thankfully, this glitch is remediable, by moving the guy into a building. The guy is then replaced with my guy, and I can save.

There is a second problem I have, which I think was mentioned above, where only the map moves. If that happens, progressing in the game is made impossible.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
Is it just me, or is this hack incredibly glitchy? I've had numerous problems, very early on in the game. Depending on where I save, different glitches appear.

Firstly, if I save anywhere near the guy next to my house, my character becomes incapable of moving. Instead, the guy next to my house starts to move, gliding all across the map, unlike the usual form of movement, which is walking. Also, if he moves to a certain area of the map, his sprite is replaced with an old dude. Thankfully, this glitch is remediable, by moving the guy into a building. The guy is then replaced with my guy, and I can save.

There is a second problem I have, which I think was mentioned above, where only the map moves. If that happens, progressing in the game is made impossible.

It's not that it's incredibly glitchy, it's only because TS hasn't released Beta 2 yet, and also because you played Beta 1. If he did, it would be less glitchy.

Years
So, Beta 1 is extremely glitchy. Isn't that what I was saying? Obviously, I wasn't commenting on Beta 2, since TS hasn't released it yet. I'm not sure what you were trying to convey -___-

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
So, Beta 1 is extremely glitchy. Isn't that what I was saying? Obviously, I wasn't commenting on Beta 2, since TS hasn't released it yet. I'm not sure what you were trying to convey -___-

Ahh, yes, sorry for the inconvidience.
For your information, my scripting pal, TS, is quite inactive.
I wonder what's wrong with him in real life?

Years
  • Seen Feb 2, 2023
I was playing your game last night and the server on pc went down apparently. I kept a log of a few glitches I encountered in game. As I play more i'll post any more that I find.

entering options and then exiting while standing above the "do not talk" guy will cause you to take control of him, while player character becomes an unmoveable wall. The guy who keeps you from leaving town without your pokemon is a down-pointing arrow, and the guy who gives you the free potion will change into the guy when you talk to him.

Doing so more than directly above him will cause your character to become a wall, and you control, well, no one. a ghost, but you can't walk through walls.

Also, after encountering a wild pachirisu after capturing the murkrow, by some red and blue flowers and a large tree, after running from the battle, i became a "ghost" yet again, at which point i turned it off for the night.

P.I.E.86

I make sprites.
Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2015
I'm pretty sure those glitches have been pointed out already.

Years
  • Seen Apr 8, 2012
glitches

those are some werid glitches
and i dnt think they have been posted yet
so its a good idea to write down the list for the creators
:cheeky:

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
This hack is a pretty interesting one, and luckily, there are many unused maps left in the game, so I decided to make full use of those maps and made this fixed patch.
This fixed patch is a bit different from the other patches I have made. I have added some story elements since the story of this hack seems to be much more predictable than most hacks and there are so many unused things left in the hack. The truth is, this patch could have been even more faithful to the creator's ideas than how it is now, but sadly, all the pictures about the future Beta 2 the creator posted were gone, and there's no way I can find them again. So it is not possible to replicate the orginal idea of the creator, but still, the maps up to Yellowhite City were made by the creator, so those maps should be faithful to the creator's idea.

I have fixed these things:
1.The person events which may make you turn into them.
2.Talking to a man in the first town makes the game freeze.
3.The messed up Pokedex, according to the creator's idea, there was supposed to be only 151 Pokemon in the Pokedex, but the creator decided to make more Pokemon available, so I have expanded the Florem Pokedex to make more than 200 kinds of Pokemon available in this hack.
4.The unfinished maps and unfinished sprites.
I have added these things:
1.The rest of the maps which weren't finished.
2.Some events.
3.The OWs/Sprites of Gym Leaders/Elite Four except for the first two gym leaders.
4.The world map, which is not so faithful to the creator's idea since the world map from the original creator can't be found anymore.
5.All the players' sprites.
6.The titlescreen.
7.The icons for the fakemon.

Screenshots:
Pokemon%2BTurquoise%2BScreenshots.png

Download link:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/rwypnspgn681zi4/Pokemon_Turquoise_Fixed_BETA_1.2.ips/file

Back