• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RMT: I'm not experienced

TheMysteryEgg

Pokemon Breeder and Fuzer
Years
I've made a new thread with a few things. I'm not experienced with CB so I need your help. I've assembled my first team though I know it needs changes. Here I go:

Weaville: Expert Belt {Pressure} 145/140/85
Night Slash, Brick Break, Metal Claw, Ice Punch. Hardy, often dozes off.
Leadoff, would be able to put some damage somewhere in an opponent.

Chansey: (will evolve) Leftovers {Healer} ?/?/?
No move set yet. Modest, loves to eat.
Heavy Reinforcements: would help to exhaust and probably damage opponents' pokemon.

Metagross: None {Clear Body} 127/87/123
Light Screen, Hammer Arm, Meteor Mash, Bulldoze. Relaxed, quick tempered.
Tank:Since it has naturally high defense and has Relaxed, I chose Metagross to be the Tank.

Haxorus: None
{Rivalry} 143/159/102
Swords Dance, Dragon Claw, Shadow Claw, Brick Break. Serious, often scatters things.
Sweeper: I liked Haxorus's Attack very much and put it to good use. Especially Dragon Claw, plus it has Swords Dance, making damage even worse.

Emboar: Lax Incense {Blaze} 177/135/77
Rollout, Flamethrower, Grass Knot, Brick Break. Quiet, strong willed.
Fighter: I gave Emboar a one man army moveset as I think it has the potential to defeat or nearly defeat one pokemon or more.

Lapras: Bright Powder {Water Absorb} 197/97/82 - Working towards Smogon's Moveset.
Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Body Slam, Perish Song. Mild, sturdy body.
Help: If another pokemon is fending off everyone else on my team, I bring in Lapras. It can take down most and Perish Song would help out a lot. (I hope it is allowed in CB.)

Feedback needed!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I've made a new thread with a few things. I'm not experienced with CB so I need your help. I've assembled my first team though I know it needs changes. Here I go:

Weaville: Nevermeltice
Slash, Beat Up, Metal Claw, Ice Shard. Hardy, often dozes off.

Audino: None
Pound, Toxic, Shadow Ball, Refresh. Jolly, strong willed.

Unfezant: Sharp Beak
Fly, Air Slash, Roost, Hidden Power (Dragon Type). Rash, scatters things often.

Haxorus: Griseous Orb
Swords Dance, Dragon Claw, Shadow Claw, Brick Break. Serious, often scatters things.

Emboar: Expert Belt
Rollout, Flamethrower, Grass Knot, Brick Break. Quiet, strong willed

Lapras: Bright Powder
Frost Breath, Body Slam, Confuse Ray, Perish Song. Mild, sturdy body.

Feedback needed!

I'm glad you decided to post another team! :3

However, there are still a few things that you need to iron out before the raters here can give you the best advice they can.

For one thing, RMTs are best when constructed in this format.
Example: you're Weavile

Weavile @ Nevermeltice
Pressure
252 Attack / 252 Speed / 4 HP
Hardy
- Slash
- Beat Up
- Metal Claw
- Ice Shard
**A description of how Weavile works on on your team and why.

Now, I made this with the information you provided, granted I'm assuming that you're running a Weavile with 252 in Attack and Speed. If you are not, well than, that's what RMTs are for! :D

Anyway, I'll just work with Weavile for now.
I recommend:

Weavile @ Choice Band / Expert Belt / Focus Sash
Pressure
252 Attack / 252 Speed / 4 HP
Jolly [+Speed; -Sp.Attack]
- Brick Break
- Night Slash / Pursuit
- Ice Punch
- Taunt / Ice Shard / Swords Dance

Nevermeltice and items of this kind, are not a very good as it does not give you the same benefits as the aforementioned items from the set. Choice Band gives you the best boost, easily, but you will not want to run Swords Dance if you use it. The Expert Belt gives you the 1.2x boost to super effective attacks, so that's a good option. And the Focus Sash can be good to help with Weavile's fragility.

Hardy is one natures that does not offer a boost in any stat. This is not good. In Weavile's case, it has a very low Special Attack and a very high Speed. It's safe to say that you can take the 10% hit in Special Attack simply because you won't teach it any Special Attacks, and in return, give the 10% boost to Speed, because it's Weavile's most valued stat.

As for your moves, Slash is a good attack, but Night Slash does the same damage and has the same chance of getting a critical hit, plus it has the added bonus of STAB. Making it the superior choice. You'll also see that Pursuit is mentioned in this set. Pursuit is an excellent move for Weavile, and deserved mentioning. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but Beat-Up causes more damage based on how many Pokemon are in your party. So the potential power of that attack stops at 60. Brick Break is another attack that you may find more useful than your original choice. It's a great way to deal with Steel types and other Dar types that Weavile has trouble dealing with. It also has the added effect of destroying screens (Light Screen and Reflect).

Ice Shard is a good attack, as you can see, it's also on the set I suggested. However, based on Weavile's Speed, you're guaranteed to be faster than the majority of your opponents. Therefore, STAB Ice Punch (75 base power) is going to do more damage, just without the priority. The bottom slot can be filled with any move you want, really. But I suggested Taunt, Ice Shard, and Swords Dance. Not many opponents will try to set up around Weavile, (Except Skarmory) but if they do, Taunt will solve that. Thing is, it may be hard to pull off. Ice Shard, priority attack, not much to mention there as I'm sure you're aware of the benefits. And finally, Sword Dance has amazing sweeping potential. However, Weavile is pretty frail so you might find this difficult to execute as well.

Anyway, if you could edit your team to the required format, that would be great. Otherwise, I'll post something later on for the rest of your team. :)

Best of luck! Hope this helped!

TheMysteryEgg

Years
I can't calculate the stats to LV. 50 myself so I used a stat calculator on different sites and I came up with rounded estimates. I put them in this format instead:

HP/Attack/Defense

Last edited:

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
You definitely want to use items whenever you can, like on Audino, use Leftovers. You also want to use useful items, like things that your Pokemon can use well. Griseous Orb on Haxorus is positively useless since it only works for Giratina (and turns it into Giratina-O). :(

TheMysteryEgg

Years
Doesn't the orb boost ghost and dragon type moves? If not, what item should I use?

Replaced Unfezant with Metang, I needed a defensive on my team.

Last edited:

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Doesn't the orb boost ghost and dragon type moves? If not, what item should I use?

Replaced Unfezant with Metang, I needed a defensive on my team.

It only does that for Giratina, iirc. Besides, a better item (and the most useful for Haxorus) is simply Choice Band - eliminate steels, click Outrage, ???, profit.

You should use Metagross if you can - Metang isn't powerful enough nor useful enough to do anything. :( Plus, tanking hits means nothing if you can't do anything back - you'll just take abuse with Metang until your opponent is strong enough to take it down, and then you'll get swept. You should try a more offensive build of Metagross if you can. C/Ping from Smogon because I am lazy. :)

376.png

name: Stealth Rock
move 1: Stealth Rock
move 2: Meteor Mash
move 3: Hammer Arm
move 4: Bullet Punch
nature: Adamant
item: Leftovers / Air Balloon / Occa Berry
evs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe

TheMysteryEgg

Years
I don't think ti can learn stealth rock.

I changed the move set a bit:

Iron defense
Protect
Bulldoze (for fire types)
Flash cannon

Is this better? I can swap protzect with some other move.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I don't think ti can learn stealth rock.

I changed the move set a bit:

Iron defense
Protect
Bulldoze (for fire types)
Flash cannon

Is this better? I can swap protzect with some other move.

Metagross does learn Stealth Rock.

I don't quite understand why you prefer this set over the one Vrai suggested. I mean, you don't have a Pokemon that sets up entry hazards, so why not Metagross? Plus, Meteor Mash is Metagross's best STAB attack. You pretty much have to use it. (Obviously, you don't have to do anything, but it is highly suggested.) I really think you should consider using the set Vrai gave you.

Weaville: Expert Belt {Pressure} 145/140/85
Night Slash, Brick Break, Metal Claw, Ice Beam. Hardy, often dozes off.
Leadoff, would be able to put some damage somewhere in an opponent.

Ice Beam is dismal on Weavile. Please teach it Ice Punch. ;-; I think you should make Metagross your lead, as it can lay SR, and make Weavile your Revenge Killer.

Emboar: Lax Incense {Blaze} 177/135/77
Rollout, Flamethrower, Grass Knot, Brick Break. Quiet, strong willed.
Fighter: I gave Emboar a one man army moveset as I think it has the potential to defeat or nearly defeat one pokemon or more.

If you want Emboar to get in there are really do some damage, I suggest:

Emboar @ Life Orb / Leftovers / Choice Band (w/o Bulk Up)
Blaze
252 HP / 252 Attack / 4 Speed
Adamant [+Attack; -Sp.Attack]
- Flare Blitz
- Hammer Arm
- Stone Edge
- Bulk Up / Wild Charge / Earthquake / Assurance

This way, you've got STAB Flare Blitz, which is crazy strong (with Reckless it would be insane) and will deal recoil damage to activate Blaze. The Life Orb will do that too. Hammer Arm is another STAB great attack at the cost of some Speed, which with Emboar, doesn't really matter. Stone Edge will deal with Salamence and Pokemon that resist Fire. Now, Bulk Up speaks for itself, boosting your Attack and Defense (not recommended with the Choice Band). Wild Charge with deal recoil damage and also help activate Blaze. Earthquake is universally awesome and should always be considered if you have the option. And finally, Assurance will really hurt any switch-ins Emboar will face.

Audino: Leftovers {Healer} 170/72/98
Pound, Toxic, Shadow Ball, Refresh. Jolly, strong willed.
Heavy Reinforcements: would help to exhaust and probably damage opponents' pokemon.

Audino has little to nothing to offer when compared to Blissey (I'm speculating, as I have not used Audino to it's full potential). No matter what it is, Blissey can do it better and support your team. She's kind of the all-around super mom of Pokemon. ;)

Blissey @ Leftoves
Natural Cure
252 Defense / 176 Sp.Defense / 80 HP
Bold [+Defense; -Attack]
- Aromatherapy
- Softboiled
- Seismic Toss
- Flamethrower / Ice Beam / Thunder Wave
Aromatherapy will cure your team, however, it may be hard to predict when to use it. Softboiled will heal you. Seismic Toss is Blissey's only real way of dealing damage (and not being Taunt bait if you go with TWave). Ice Beam, Thunder Wave, and Flamethrower speak for themselves.

or

Blissey @ Leftovers
Natural Cure
252 Defense / 172 Sp.Defense / 84 HP
Bold [+Defense; -Attack]
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic
- Flamethrower
Wish heals you and Toxic hurts them. The thing that pulls it all together is Protect, which stalls for the turn after you use Wish and stalls so Toxic can do more damage. Flamethrower is recommended over Ice Beam because it had better coverage with Toxic. Simple. One thing that you may have noticed is the small change in the distribution of EVs. This is just so you get the most out of Wish.

TheMysteryEgg

Years
I have a few questions for you Alexial.

How does Metagross learn Stealth Rock? The TM is in Gen IV and I can't transfer that and it can't learn it naturally.
How does Weavile get Ice Punch? (I'm not good at breeding these things and I don't have an extra Razor Claw.
Where would you get a Blissey in Gen V?

All I have is Black and Diamond, I'm trying my best to get the sets.

Last edited:

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
I have a few questions for you Alexial.

How does Metagross learn Stealth Rock? The TM is in Gen IV and I can't transfer that and it can't learn it naturally.
How does Weavile get Ice Punch? (I'm not good at breeding these things and I don't have an extra Razor Claw.
Where would you get a Blissey in Gen V?

You need to get a Metagross in Gen IV and transfer it over with Stealth Rock.

Weavile: here. I don't play the games so I'm unsure exactly how to go about that. ;(

You'll have to transfer it too, iirc.

TheMysteryEgg

Years
Can somebody explain the Ice Punch thing? All I know is that it requires Buneary, Breeding, and Poke Transfer.

NM I got it to have Ice Punch. But I still can't find Me tang or gross in Diamond.

For Lapras, should the last move slot be filled with Toxic, Perish Song, or Heal Bell.

Last edited:

Tsvet

A wild trainer appears~
Years
Not really a RMT reply, but for you Metagross problem:

On Diamond you can catch Beldum, the first form of Metagross. Catch it, train/breed, evolve to Metang, then Metagross, then transfer to your Black. {:

Or, if you want, go check the Trade topics for a Metagross.

Btw, the info for Beldum on Diamond:
Location route 228
Rarity 40%
Method: Swarm
Level: 53

If you want to catch it yourself, remember that you can only get it on its swarm day. Can take a while.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Back