• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I blame... you

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
Do you blame other people for bad situations often? Is it usually justified? (ie. it really IS somebody else's fault) or do you often just want to avoid being blamed yourself?

Has anything really bad ever happened to you because of somebody else's mistakes?

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
I never really blame people for anything, for two reasons.

1 - if something was my fault in any way I'm not gonna go looking for some scapegoat to blame it on. Even if someone else was involved, I'll see where I went wrong and try to correct that for next time. If you blame someone else you're not helping yourself.

2 - if something really was someone else's fault, I don't really see a point in blaming them for it. I prefer to move on from things people have done wrong and let them sort it out themselves if need be than to shove all the blame on them.

Has something really bad ever happened to me as a result of someone else's mistakes? Yeah I can think of a fair few times, but again, I don't hold it against them. The word mistake is key here.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
No, because I usually bring my problems on myself, so blaming others isnt justified in my case usually. However if something was caused by smeone else, yes I do lay the blame on the person or persons that caused the trouble.Everybody makes mistakes. I try very hard not to make them, but I do sometimes, and blaming that on another person simply isnt fair. It really depends on the situation.

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
I don't usually blame other people for my actions. If it was their fault then I would blame them, but if it was mine and it was a horrible event then I would probably try and escape from the situation rather then blaming someone else...

Raizhu

the end
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 19, 2012
No. I usually try to think logically when I'm angry, so I don't end up looking like an idiot and blaming somebody else. I'll blame myself if it's my fault, and somebody else if it's their fault.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I blame my older sister for any bad situations that involve the both of us because I feel that she's mean.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2012
No. I alone am responsible for my actions. If I screw up, then I'll man up and face what I have to face. You make you're own bed in this world, you gotta sleep in it too. I would never let someone take blame for a bad situation that arose on my account. I will just go about my business, and put effort into correcting the wrong I did. Simple as that. The blame game is not a fun one. It is nasty, vile. It's when push comes to shove.

When it is people's faults, I still don't blame them. I will gain nothing from saying, "This is all your fault!" In most cases, they are very aware. If they don't want to live up their actions, that is their choice. It will just makes things worse for them in the long run. I might give a helpful nudge, but I wouldn't go: THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT, YOU HORRIBLE HORRIBLE PERSON.

Rucario

Madam you see before you stand
Years
I see that everyone over the internet are saints? Yes, I usually tend to blame things on someone else depending on the severity of the situation. If something unimportant breaks, I'll be like "Yeah, whatever.", but if there's a fire I'm like "It was him!"

Years
I'd say a good amount of the time, I'd blame myself before I'd blame anyone else. I'm very much non-confrontational. So I'd rather put everything on me instead of having someone else take it, especially when it really is my fault. If it's not, sometimes I still blame myself. I'd rather just take responsibility than for the other person to get mad.

Then again, it also depends on the situation. Sometimes at work if someone burns something and it's not my fault? I know them well enough to go "that was them!" if it really was. Besides, burning something isn't a big deal. :p I do that with family members, too, when it's trivial. When it's not, I will probably fall back on blaming myself.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
I don't put the blame on someone unless it's justified. I'm a pretty objective person and don't really find that placing the blame on someone does anything. Most of the time if it's someone's fault, I like to take a step back and ask myself if they wanted something to happen. Chances are they didn't.

Life's really too short to be worrying over that kind of nonsense.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
I'm the king of the blame game. I hate taking responsibility for my actions, as much as I know I should. I usually come to the conclusion that the problem was my fault, but I try put as much blame on anyone else who was involved in the event. It's childish, I know, I know. But if it's a justified reason to blame them, then why should I take the blame for something I didn't do?

aruchan

I resent the title beginner :D
Years
  • Seen Oct 30, 2011
I do have a tendency to blame others, unless it really is my fault. For instance, there is this big mess at school caused by this jerk refusing to work with me, and I know it is his fault. I do blame... ugh. :(
That got me angry. xD

Melody

Banned
Years
I will place blame, where blame is due. Even upon myself. But that doesn't mean I always act on it or voice it if that doesn't do much good. Just depends on the situation. If I perceive honesty to be the better course of two ways then I'll express it, if not I'll just keep silent.

Years
I try to look at things objectively before I throw blame on anyone. I'm not going to blame myself for something I didn't do, but at the same time if it was a mistake made by somebody then I'm not going to hold it against them.

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
Years
I probably blame people too much. somebody did something and somebody thinks I did it I'll blame them. They did it. I try to take responsibility for it if I did it. I try to be fair when blaming people, but I'm not the best at it. :x

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I blame myself. Even if it was mainly someone else's fault, I'll blame myself for letting it get to them in the first place. Because usually, if it weren't for me, they wouldn't have done whatever they did that got me in trouble. So I just always blame myself. I shouldn't do that. I've done that all my life and well, to be honest, I think it's about time I blew off some steam and yelled at someone for screwing something up. But...I really ain't gotta mean bone in my body, so I can't do that.

Years
I blame my sister for everything that she causes. Which turns out to be just about everything. (My sister has self-proclaimed that she stands up for what she wants or does, usually being in conflict with my parent's rules.)

Back