• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Spoiler]Returning Characters (Speculation)

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
They could have varied his Pokemon. Why have 2 Pawniards? Liepard, Krokorok/Krookodile, Scrafty, Zoroark, Tyranitar, Umbreon, Zweilous or Hydreigon are all viable choices.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Pokebeach posted all the sprites and there is only one Sprite for the Shadow Triad so I'm assuming they all use one image.

Though there were only 2 battle sprites for the Sages meaning that there are 4 missing.

Koga doesn't have a sprite in their grouping, but Marshall, Caitlin, Shautal, and Grimsley do. Hilbert and Hilda to as well.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
If Hilda and Hilbert have sprites it might mean we get to battle them either that it's simply for wi-fi battles like in HgSs with Dawn and Lucas' sprites.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Pokebeach posted all the sprites and there is only one Sprite for the Shadow Triad so I'm assuming they all use one image.

Though there were only 2 battle sprites for the Sages meaning that there are 4 missing.

Koga doesn't have a sprite in their grouping, but Marshall, Caitlin, Shautal, and Grimsley do. Hilbert and Hilda to as well.

They'll probably re-use a lot of HG/SS sprites for the tournament. Annoyed at the sages ):

the__end

Pixel Artist
Years
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
Yeah the sages appear to be a waste...again...(by the way who is the Purple sage at the opening? I don't think I've seen him.)

there are only 2 sprites because one sage is dressed like the new grunts and the other kept his old outfit...
i think the one in purple betrayed the old team plasma and the other one is still loyal... :)
and it could be that the other sages are fightable sometime in the game but well all with the same sprite... :P

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
So the Sages grew younger and died their hair red to match in with the rest of the grunts? Seriously they were old and some (at least one) was bald XD

You'd expect them to have their own sprites seeing as they were old characters.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
No new sprites kinda sucks. I'd love to see them all as different, oh well lol. Proves they never mattered in the first place or another Unova game!

Years
I agree with Xander and Requility the sages should've gotten their own sprites...perhaps these two are the most important after Ghetsis...feel bad for the other four...

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
I see two Sages with sprites, but that's it. I like them! All neat and junk!
I like all of the Hoenn Gym Leader sprites! They're so cool. c:

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
05:04; Cilan, Cress & Chili are in the former gym in Striaton. If you speak to Cilan, he will suggest battling the others. This is done in a double battle of you and Cilan VS Cress & Chili
Their Pokémon are at Level 65.
Cilan: Maractus, Ferrothorn, Simisage
Cress: Basculin, Slowking, Simipour
Chili: Heatmor, Simisear, Darmanitan

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
05:04; Cilan, Cress & Chili are in the former gym in Striaton. If you speak to Cilan, he will suggest battling the others. This is done in a double battle of you and Cilan VS Cress & Chili
Their Pokémon are at Level 65.
Cilan: Maractus, Ferrothorn, Simisage
Cress: Basculin, Slowking, Simipour
Chili: Heatmor, Simisear, Darmanitan

OAO

YES. This makes me excited. I was wondering why they had battle sprites, too! I wonder if this means Lenora will be able to battle, too, because she has a battle sprite, and so does Bianca! MAYBE WE CAN BATTLE BIANCA. <3

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
OAO

YES. This makes me excited. I was wondering why they had battle sprites, too! I wonder if this means Lenora will be able to battle, too, because she has a battle sprite, and so does Bianca! MAYBE WE CAN BATTLE BIANCA. <3

Lenora and the triplets are in the World Tournament as well I think XD

As for Bianca I know you team UP with her after Skyla's Gym....but I dunno.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Lenora and the triplets are in the World Tournament as well I think XD

As for Bianca I know you team UP with her after Skyla's Gym....but I dunno.

But she had a full on VS type sprite. maybe she's in the tournament, too?
But Lenora in the tournament is awesome! D:

And I found Cedric Juniper! He upgrades you to the National Dex after the Pokemon League, like in Black and White.

Years
Has N really changed all that much?

After you battle N's former dragon and capture it N shows displeasure with you keeping it in a Pokéball. Do you think he still has problems accepting Pokemon and trainers being together?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
After you battle N's former dragon and capture it N shows displeasure with you keeping it in a Pokéball. Do you think he still has problems accepting Pokemon and trainers being together?

Yes he does. I wanna say that at the end of the first set he said he would look for another way to separate Pokemon and Humans that's why he left.

Back