• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen PWT difficulty

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
How hard is it for everyone to get their 10 wins? I have 5 wins and its taken over 20 tries to get them. I know my team needs work but I didnt think they were this bad.

Years
I can relate, I don't even have a single win, and one of my Pokemon is level 100. I get, like, ridiculously kicked. Pretty difficult indeed.

sunshinesan

Pokesho fan
Years
  • Seen May 9, 2014
It's about the same difficulty as the Super Single Train in the Battle Subway. What was extremely difficult was the download tournaments. Definitely the hardest ingame battles ever to grace a pokemon cartridge. The Junior Division was nuts. Worth more than 2 BP for my wins imo.

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
Years
Oh..those times XD I now own more than 20 wins, be it the Champions, World, or a specific tournament. It was EXTREMELY rough at first, but after EV training your Pokemon, and predicting the opponent's style, it gets drastically easy.

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
It's about the same difficulty as the Super Single Train in the Battle Subway. What was extremely difficult was the download tournaments. Definitely the hardest ingame battles ever to grace a pokemon cartridge. The Junior Division was nuts. Worth more than 2 BP for my wins imo.

Only 2??? I get 5-8 BPs for the World tourney

sunshinesan

Pokesho fan
Years
  • Seen May 9, 2014
Only 2??? I get 5-8 BPs for the World tourney
Depends on your performance. i.e. number of pokes fainted. I had a rough time. Not enough special sweepers bred, and the Hitmontop/intimidate spam kills me.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
It's about the difficulty of the Battle Subway, and the opponent's team switches to counter the Pokemon you've chosen, so I do agree that it's quite difficult. I'm just glad that Rotation Battles are an option, so at least I can have fun while I lose! xD

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I have have won 4 tournaments so far. 3 being the first 3 before we get the Unova Tournament. I beat the Unova tournament pretty easly. But I got my butt kicked by both Roxan and Erika in the Hoenn and Kanto both being the championship battle. So I haven't even gotten to the real world tournament yet.

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
I have have won 4 tournaments so far. 3 being the first 3 before we get the Unova Tournament. I beat the Unova tournament pretty easly. But I got my butt kicked by both Roxan and Erika in the Hoenn and Kanto both being the championship battle. So I haven't even gotten to the real world tournament yet.

The other ones are easy. I was referring to the World one

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
The only problem that I have right now is trying to complete the "type" challenge for the Pokemon World Tournament. I already did Dark, Ghost, Bug, Steel, Psychic and Water, but the others are really difficult. For example right now I'm doing the poison type challenge for the single battles (I'm using Gengar, Skuntank and Drapion) and when I get to the finals, someone's Drapion (I forgot whose it is) will use Ice Fang and i will always freeze me. The World Tournament will be the most difficult because thats the whole idea of it.....they are the world champions.

:t354:TG

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
The only problem that I have right now is trying to complete the "type" challenge for the Pokemon World Tournament. I already did Dark, Ghost, Bug, Steel, Psychic and Water, but the others are really difficult. For example right now I'm doing the poison type challenge for the single battles (I'm using Gengar, Skuntank and Drapion) and when I get to the finals, someone's Drapion (I forgot whose it is) will use Ice Fang and i will always freeze me. The World Tournament will be the most difficult because thats the whole idea of it.....they are the world champions.

:t354:TG

Suggest you attach a Lum berry or Aspear Berry

sunshinesan

Pokesho fan
Years
  • Seen May 9, 2014
Jasmine is one tough girl to crack in Type Experts. I don't have any special sweepers in terms of my EV trained steel types, and her Cursing Skarmory massacres (very painfully and slowly) my entire team.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I retried the others earlyer. And defeated all the regional gym leader tournaments in 1 try with my better pokemon. I tried the world tournament last night and got beat pretty quick by Dryden in the first round,but I wasn't trying very hard.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
Cresselia front and centre!
used Reflect
used Light Screen

I have since not been overly troubled by the PWT. Mostly been doing triples if that matters.
Since Brick Break is surprisingly nonuniversal among the competitors, using barriers put out by something that simply doesn't faint is a sure-fire way to increase one's odds of survival.

Last edited:

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
Twice I've done the type expert matches and ended up in a very stally match. The first time was a water match where I ended up stalling against a Lanturn with my own Lanturn. The second time was a steel matchup where my Skarmory was stalling against opponent's Skarmory. :(

DarkWolf13

Battle Subway Editor
Years
Difficulty depends on the IVs of the Pokemon you face. I've managed to unlock the Champions tournament and I can say this, the Pokemon in both World Leaders and Champions tournaments has IV of 31 in all their stats. I know because I used my Timid Alakazam once and Blue's Alakazam attacked first, meaning it was Timid also and had the IVs of 31, maximizing its speed to 189 at Lv 50 due to it being EV trained. I don't know if this is correct and someone tell me.

Last edited:

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
It took me 12 tries to get 10 wins at the World Leader Tourney. And that was because switching to Rotation Battles made it harder.

I LOVE Rotation Battles, so PWT is my FAVORITE thing to do.

The Download Tounements are impossible for me. Even with my EV/IV trained pokemon, they cream me. And they use legendaries, which I never bother with.

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
The download tourneys tend to be impossible because they're actually teams from the top players in an official Pokemon tournament. I think this batch is either from the World Championships or Autumn VGC.

Back