• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Who was your MVP?

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
Oddly enough in one playthrough it was my Glaceon. I used it as an Eevee and traded it over to Black so it could evolve, but when I traded it back it was my #1.

On my other playthroughs my MVPs were Excadrill (not surprisingly - tons of things are weak to it) and Lucario (again, fighting weakness was everywhere).

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
My Scrafty, hands down. I don't remember what happened the majority of the battle but Iris' battle I would not have won if it weren't for Scrafty. It was a very close call but it managed to survive an attack from her Haxorus (who uses Dragon Dance like... three or four times why I allowed it I don't know sob) and defeated it.

Urugamosu

Happy, and Searching.
Years
My MVP was my Crobat, it just went so well in the Elite four, went through 4 of the leaders and still does well in competitive battling. It's my prize possession.

Years
Now that I've beaten the game, I'd have to say my Lucario.

He was even able to withstand a Dragon Dance-boosted Earthquake without getting knocked out in one hit!

blue

gucci
Years
Leavanny.

At first I was put off with the x4 Weakness to Fire and other weaknesses but once it had evolved, it was amazing! A brilliant movepool including Leaf Blade, X-Scissor, Swords Dance gives it so much potential, I definitely recommend it.

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
For me it was my Lucario, having tutored it ice punch it was pretty beast at getting one hit ko's plus it's steel type advantage gave it a lot of resistance to dragon type moves. I also used my ampharos alot, with its echoed voice attack, as it could take a lot of hits and once it had use echoed voice about 3 times, it was straight on 1 hit ko's from then on

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
For Black 2 it was a tie between my Krookodile known as Brucie since it moved like lightning and could easily exploit a Poke that was weak to either Crunch or Earthquake leading up to a Moxie sweep in the blink of an eye, my second MVP was my Genesect which was my saving grace when I needed something dead asap such as Hydreigon or Flygon.

Cataclysmic

A New Adventure
Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2015
My MVP was most definitely Lucario in White 2. I've always liked Riolu and Lucario, but I'd surprisingly never really used them much in the past. When I saw that you could get Riolu so early in the game, I knew I'd want one on my team. He ended up pretty much soloing the entire game lol.

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2013
for me my mvp was for the champion was my golduck because it has ice beam, surf, waterfall, and phychic. most of the rest of the game my lucario was my main pokemon.

Years
It was actually quite odd for me, as every Pokemon that I had played an equal role throughout the Elite Four and vs. the Champion, whereas in past games no more than 2 or 3 Pokemon seemed to pull the load. If I had to pick my MVP, though, it would've been my Samurott traded over from White, since it was the only Pokemon to take out 2 of Iris' (thanks to Ice Beam).

Years
  • Seen Feb 13, 2013
I had to stop using my Excadrill in B2. Its typing is good enough to get a Swords Dance off against most Pokemon, and a boosted Excadrill is going to take down anything that doesn't resist it.

Yiazmat

going ham since 93'
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 6, 2013
My Porygon-Z from HG took on most of the E4 including Iris, that and Leafeon on my 1st run. :')

Years
  • Seen Mar 29, 2015
My Ice Punch Weavile pulled the most weight during the E4 & Champion fights in my W2 game. He could take on two of the E4, & put at least half of Iris' team on Ice.

This type of Weavile hasn't failed me in my Platinum game, & he hasn't in this one.

Mr. Whiscash

Unegged Hatch
Years
  • Seen May 8, 2016
Lucario happened to be Modest so once the ball got rolling it became a force of nature that carried me through most of the game.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
Zoroark, without a doubt. I swept two of the Elite 4 just because of Zoroark's ability and the fact that I boosted my special attack while there was confusion.

Back