• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Aug 6, 2012
Does anyone know where I could find a dump of all the scripts in FireRed? I remember having one a long time ago and it was incredibly useful, but I have since lost the file due to a system recovery. Despite my best Googling efforts, I can't find a working download. The only one I came across was HackMew's complete script dump for Ruby, FireRed, and Emerald, but, of course, I get a 'connection timed out' error every time I try to download it.

If anyone has this file or could direct me to it, that would be swell.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Does anyone know where I could find a dump of all the scripts in FireRed? I remember having one a long time ago and it was incredibly useful, but I have since lost the file due to a system recovery. Despite my best Googling efforts, I can't find a working download. The only one I came across was HackMew's complete script dump for Ruby, FireRed, and Emerald, but, of course, I get a 'connection timed out' error every time I try to download it.

If anyone has this file or could direct me to it, that would be swell.

Try the following link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?jhu6gra5vx9hhlu

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
In my hack, I'm adding every Unova Pokemon, but have one small issue. When adding Klink/Klang/Klinklang, I have come across the fact that most damaging Generation III Steel-type moves are not compatible with them. The only one that makes any real sense to set is Meteor Mash. I really don't want to include any moves that don't make sense for them to have. If you could tell me how the moves Metal Claw, Iron Tail, and/or Steel Wing could work, I would appreciate it. Also, if you could tell me if there is any way to edit battle animations, I could add more appropriate moves, such as Gear Grind, Gyro Ball, Flash Cannon, and Metal Burst. Thanks in advance.

Years
Can someone point me in the direction of a tutorial or something explaining how to change the text in the Professor Intro part of Fire Red? Or if you can answer it here then it would be much appreciated.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
Can someone point me in the direction of a tutorial or something explaining how to change the text in the Professor Intro part of Fire Red? Or if you can answer it here then it would be much appreciated.

It's actually quite easy. Just open the ROM in AdvanceText, which I have attached, and it has an ini for FireRed which contains the intro text for you to edit. Happy hacking!

adamb241

Pokémon Raging Fury
Years
In Fire Red, are the HM linked to respective badges or is there a script involved to active the HM? (Beating brock in FR lets you use HM 5 outside of battle).
Also, is there a way to change what HM are unlocked when receiving a badge?

Years
In Fire Red, are the HM linked to respective badges or is there a script involved to active the HM? (Beating brock in FR lets you use HM 5 outside of battle).
Also, is there a way to change what HM are unlocked when receiving a badge?

For unlocking Rock Smash, Cut and Strength, it's just a checkflag in the overworld's script, so you could just change the script. As for the other HMs, I think it's either encrypted in the tile's behaviour byte or is ASM. How you'd go about editing that, I'm afaid I've no idea. Sorry. >:

Years
  • Seen Jun 23, 2011
How do you make a sprite not appear by default, so that you can use the "showsprite" script to make it appear when you need it to?

Background info:
I have a script set up so that a person appears as if they came to your room from up the stairs (first room of the game), with a whole dialogue set up afterwards. Everything works fine except for the fact that I need the person hidden so that the illusion that they are entering the room is made. Instead, with all that I have tried, they aren't hidden and they appear to just stand there in the doorway and defeat the whole purpose of the scene.

I have tried making them hidden with the movements setting in adv.map, but to no avail. Basically I want something similar to what happened with Oak upon the first step into Route 1 in RBY (He appears out of thin air offscreen and goes along with the script). Problem is, they won't stay hidden until the script starts.

Help would be very much appreciated.

AyameHikaru

Beauty Queen
Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2013
Music Extraction Help! (Disgaea DS)

I am making a hack of FR that is a crossover with Disgaea. I've read many threads about music extraction, and have successfully extracted from a few .nds files. BUT, Disgaea DS, the game I really WANT to extract music from, is arranged differently from most DS games. I've tried using NDSSNDEXT & VGM Trans, but neither can recognize the way Disgaea codes its music.

A jaunt into CrystalTile showed that there is a file in the .nds called music.dat. I tried extracting it and changing it to a .sdat, but neither program read it. I tried leaving it as a .dat, but neither program recognized it.

I am desperate. Right now the only way I can see to get musci from Disgaea into FR is to make by ear every song in MIDI form. That would be a nightmare and I'd adore it if anyone could find a way around that.

For the record I have used three different Disgaea DS roms, in addition to a Japanese one.

AyameHikaru

Beauty Queen
Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2013
@Swellow: I believe there's a thread about that in the R & D Section. :) Go take a look.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
How do you make a sprite not appear by default, so that you can use the "showsprite" script to make it appear when you need it to?

Background info:
I have a script set up so that a person appears as if they came to your room from up the stairs (first room of the game), with a whole dialogue set up afterwards. Everything works fine except for the fact that I need the person hidden so that the illusion that they are entering the room is made. Instead, with all that I have tried, they aren't hidden and they appear to just stand there in the doorway and defeat the whole purpose of the scene.

I have tried making them hidden with the movements setting in adv.map, but to no avail. Basically I want something similar to what happened with Oak upon the first step into Route 1 in RBY (He appears out of thin air offscreen and goes along with the script). Problem is, they won't stay hidden until the script starts.

Help would be very much appreciated.

Set a flag beforehand and give that flag number to the npc as the person ID. Then in a script, use showsprite to make the sprite appear. To make the appearance permanent, clear the flag you set. :3

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
Edit, although it would be EXTREMELY hard would it be possible to add the physical/special split to Gen III.
There's a thread about in it the R&D Section. However I have to say that it creates a glitch with the Pokemon Minun [or whatever Pokemon occupies the slot 0x162] in which everytime that Pokemon uses a damage dealing move the game will freeze. As far as I know, there isn't a fix for it.

Years
  • Seen Jun 23, 2011
Set a flag beforehand and give that flag number to the npc as the person ID. Then in a script, use showsprite to make the sprite appear. To make the appearance permanent, clear the flag you set. :3

Sadly it didn't work. Here's the main deal. You start the game in the player's room. Before you leave, your younger brother comes upstairs to wake you up for your "big day". Then he goes back down and you can continue.

Problem: You spawn within view of him in your room. This is an issue because if he is not already hidden, you can see him in the doorway, which isn't what is supposed to happen. I want his sprite to be invisible before I step on the script box, and then he will appear because of the "showsprite" command (followed by the rest of the script). I need to know if there is a way to make him invisible before the script happens, like with Oak in RBY when he tells you not to go into the tall grass.

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
Sadly it didn't work. Here's the main deal. You start the game in the player's room. Before you leave, your younger brother comes upstairs to wake you up for your "big day". Then he goes back down and you can continue.

Problem: You spawn within view of him in your room. This is an issue because if he is not already hidden, you can see him in the doorway, which isn't what is supposed to happen. I want his sprite to be invisible before I step on the script box, and then he will appear because of the "showsprite" command (followed by the rest of the script). I need to know if there is a way to make him invisible before the script happens, like with Oak in RBY when he tells you not to go into the tall grass.
Like Pokepal said, use a flag. I recommend putting 002C in his flag box. It's the same flag that causes Oak to be invisible in Pallet Town before stepping near the grass.

Years
  • Seen Jun 23, 2011
Like Pokepal said, use a flag. I recommend putting 002C in his flag box. It's the same flag that causes Oak to be invisible in Pallet Town before stepping near the grass.

That worked perfectly, thanks. So apparently that specific flag has to go in the ID box to make them invisible/passable. No others appear to work. Sadly though, it may only be used once if that's the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back