• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Nov 17, 2013
Is that a problem with the rom?
Also I seen in a video that there was a program called pet that does the same thing as A-Trainer. I looked it up and I couldn't find it. Does anyone know where the download link is?

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
Is that a problem with the rom?
Also I seen in a video that there was a program called pet that does the same thing as A-Trainer. I looked it up and I couldn't find it. Does anyone know where the download link is?

PET is super, super old and super buggy. It requires you to dump your game images first into a folder it is so old. (It came with Elite Map I belive...) I have a copy if you really want it, but stick to A-Trainer or wait for Jambo51 to release his trainer editor which he is currently developing and just released a beta for on RHO Social. He developed his own to work with the 649 patch because A-Trainer doesn't have an ini file which would be required for his hack.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen today
I don't really do much (or, really, any) mapping, so I apologize if this is obvious.

Okay, there are some maps - I'll call them "linked maps", because I don't know of the real term (or if one even exists) - that share all of their map tiles, but with different map banks, events, people and warps. Some examples are Pokemon Centers and regular houses. I know they do this because any changes made to the map of one show up in the others.

How do these so-called linked maps work? Is there any way to delink them? Or to link together new maps?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
I don't really do much (or, really, any) mapping, so I apologize if this is obvious.

Okay, there are some maps - I'll call them "linked maps", because I don't know of the real term (or if one even exists) - that share all of their map tiles, but with different map banks, events, people and warps. Some examples are Pokemon Centers and regular houses. I know they do this because any changes made to the map of one show up in the others.

How do these so-called linked maps work? Is there any way to delink them? Or to link together new maps?

the pokecenter is just a map that has been made several times... you can alter each one if you like

same with the regular house maps... its just been made exactly the same repeatedly... they are not the same or "linked" in any way, they just were made to look the same.

you can change the pokecenters tileset to match a cave if you want... make the varidian pokecenter have a surfable lake in the middle... it wont hurt the other pokecenters...

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
the pokecenter is just a map that has been made several times... you can alter each one if you like

same with the regular house maps... its just been made exactly the same repeatedly... they are not the same or "linked" in any way, they just were made to look the same.

you can change the pokecenters tileset to match a cave if you want... make the varidian pokecenter have a surfable lake in the middle... it wont hurt the other pokecenters...

The Pokécentres one isn't true, at least. If you modify the map data of a Pokécentre, it's reflected in all other (linked) Pokécentres.

This is because they all share a single footer, which in turn means that they all share ONE set of map data.

By manually setting a footer equal to another footer, you can easily create these "linked" maps, and by extension, you can easily "unlink" the maps by creating a virtually identical footer which simply points to a separate set of map data (it can share everything else).

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen today
Okay, thank you. That makes sense.

To be honest, I was expecting something more like a table of map banks and numbers that share a map. But this is actually even simpler to expand / edit.

Years
  • Seen Jun 27, 2013
Alright. I've come to a huge halt in my hacking. I've built a city from the ground up, completely deleted all other maps. Now Gogojjtech recommended to use SMCA for that was my original problem. But now the program wont work. I place the bank and map level i want to spawn but no matter what i do it just wont let me start the game after giving the rival his name. Could this program have corrupted my game ROM or am I just plain stupid?

p.s.
It does the same with Emerald.

OK iv'e made some progress. Apparently switching the music lets me spawn!!! I am annoyed now. Well anyways its hard to know what is what in the music section for it doesn't displays the name of the song its like it's glitched or something. Now the next problem. It still wont function for my Emerald .gba.

[Update]
Ok so i get myself to start spawn now but now it wont even let me warp out of my house. The game freezes with the song playing in the background but the screen remains black.

Alright so iv'e notice something, every time I save I must change the music on every map otherwise it freezes the game. Is there something I can do to prevent this from happening EVERY single time?

Last edited:

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

does A-map support 7-digits now? I mean, if i hack emerald and prevent sound corruption... i would be forced to use a 32mb rom, so that'd be quite a letdown. Not that it's a problem as A-map just supposedly makes things easier (things A-map can do may still be done through other tools), and i can also just choose to ignore the sound corruption.

But still... better knowing than not.

Years
  • Seen Feb 4, 2016
I want to modify the wild Zigzagoon battle that occurs in Pokémon Emerald after you choose a Pokémon from Professor Birch's bag. I've looked at the script in XSE, and "wildbattle" is NEVER invoked. It seems like the entire scenario between checking the bag and the end of the battle is dealt with by something called "special 0x9F", and will require specific instructions to modify. I want to invoke a trainer battle with a Team Aqua grunt here instead of encountering a wild Zigzagoon.

I have tried adding "trainerbattle" to the script the bag uses, but the best result I can get by that method is fighting a trainer immediately AFTER fighting the wild Zigzagoon.

It seems a lot like the problem I had with "special 0xD6" and changing the Ralts into an Abra and the Pokémon Wally was given into an Absol with Taunt.

I'm sure this is fairly simple to fix, and that someone has done it before... I just have not seen a solution to this problem posted anywhere.

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
karatekid552, Do you have a link to the beta download for the trainer editor?

Not at the moment. The latest version right now is over 9 days old and I know that Jambo has done a lot more to it since then.

I want to modify the wild Zigzagoon battle that occurs in Pokémon Emerald after you choose a Pokémon from Professor Birch's bag. I've looked at the script in XSE, and "wildbattle" is NEVER invoked. It seems like the entire scenario between checking the bag and the end of the battle is dealt with by something called "special 0x9F", and will require specific instructions to modify. I want to invoke a trainer battle with a Team Aqua grunt here instead of encountering a wild Zigzagoon.

I have tried adding "trainerbattle" to the script the bag uses, but the best result I can get by that method is fighting a trainer immediately AFTER fighting the wild Zigzagoon.

It seems a lot like the problem I had with "special 0xD6" and changing the Ralts into an Abra and the Pokémon Wally was given into an Absol with Taunt.

I'm sure this is fairly simple to fix, and that someone has done it before... I just have not seen a solution to this problem posted anywhere.

Without using ASM to hack to the special, you would need to completely script a new intro that does not use it. For example, you could pull a Red and have the three pokeballs lying on the ground. Or, you could do something like I did once and have it so when you press A in front of the bag, three pokeball OWs appear and (using movement commands) "bounce" out of the bag and land in the positions you want them to.

Last edited:

Sceptylos

Saint
Years
Couldn't really find the answer anywhere else so, I was wondering how to change the options that the Badge Man in Cerulean City gives, I wanted to change each badge to a different Pokémon.

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
I know I usually help with answering q's around here, but I have not been able to successfully edit a worldmap for FR. The two tuts I found on here didn't help me or my fellow friend, and I'm at a loss. I did find the tileset, since it's different for jpan's hack and a normal rom.
Here's My worldmap, by NikNaks
NikNaksWorldmap_zps243b27c5.png

I haven't found the raw or pallet either. Plus editing the town locations may be harder, or simply by editing bytes. I don't know. I just need simple instructions to help me get on the correct path.

Years
  • Seen Nov 17, 2013
So I downloaded Advance Text. I got the missing file, and missing ini's, but now I have an error. It says "Run=time error '13' Type mismatch"
Also are there ini's for Fire Red or Ruby? I found one for Emerald, but not these. It doesn't matter if they are complete. I just need to be able to edit the intro with it.

Edit: Ok I used a different download and it worked. (thanks gogojjtech!) Now I think the download might be the cause of the problem I've had with Advance Trainer. Can someone give me a working download link for Advance Trainer?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 24, 2013
I finally have the time to realize my project! This being said, I have one basic question:

I want to create an adult version (not meaning anything sexual, drugrelated, eg.) focusing on storyline, monologs, dialogs and relations between characters and also between characters and pokemon. The only way I can see realizing that, would be making the game very linear and onedimensional.

Do you guys think the community would be open for a very linear Pokemongame, meaning that the usual Pokemon experience will change totally, for the sake of having an actual story, plot and depth ? I'm not very sure if something comparable has already been tried as there are so many hacks around.. is there a very succesful example of anything that I want to do myself ?

The thing is, I really want to know some opinions before getting into such an out-of-the-box project. I plan to significally change the metrics of the game, in order to try something completely new.

What do you think ?

thanethane98

Self Proclaimed Expert
Years
  • Seen Nov 16, 2013
I finally have the time to realize my project! This being said, I have one basic question:

I want to create an adult version (not meaning anything sexual, drugrelated, eg.) focusing on storyline, monologs, dialogs and relations between characters and also between characters and pokemon. The only way I can see realizing that, would be making the game very linear and onedimensional.

Do you guys think the community would be open for a very linear Pokemongame, meaning that the usual Pokemon experience will change totally, for the sake of having an actual story, plot and depth ? I'm not very sure if something comparable has already been tried as there are so many hacks around.. is there a very succesful example of anything that I want to do myself ?

The thing is, I really want to know some opinions before getting into such an out-of-the-box project. I plan to significally change the metrics of the game, in order to try something completely new.

What do you think ?

That may be something for the Quick Storyline Thread in the Progressing Hacks section, but I'm not sure. I might as well give my opinion though, so here goes. It depends on how linear you intend to make it. If you're planning on having it be so linear that you decide every Pokemon the player gets for them then yeah, that's kind of taking away from what makes Pokemon so great. But if you simply mean linear in storyline progression, then that's practically already done in the games, and should be fine.

Also, if you're looking for a hack with a good storyline, people keep mentioning Pokemon Dark Rising. I haven't played it personally, so I don't know for sure, but it might be a good thing to look at.

Years
  • Seen Jun 27, 2013
Alright guys lol. Here's another question. Is it possible to have download a corrupt version of AM 1.92? Every time that i feel things are going my way something happens!! and its very frustrating. So iv'e recreated a map about FOUR times and its a huge city. All because either because the main city gets corrupted or because the tileset gets corrupted. Literally i had a beautiful city done i was finishing the inside of a store when all of a sudden i get this message:
ACCESS OF VIOLATION AT ADDRESS 004CCB2A in Module 'AdvanceMap.exe' Read of Address 00000041:

What is this? My map is all black now and i can't even change the tileset. The back files that I had now also get this message I just don't get it. Ok, how does advance map 1,92 look? Does it have the square outline? or it doesnt. because iv'e downloaded two already one has it the other doesn't but they both say 1.92 in the properties.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back