• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The X/Y Rumors Thread!

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2013
My thoughts of the starters:
Chespin's evolutions are either grass/dark or grass/ground
Fennekin's evolutions are fire/psychic
Froakie's evolutions are water/sound

My thoughts of the legendaries:
Xerneas is light type
Yveltal is sound type

My thoughts of Sylveon:
Sylveon is going to be light type

My reason of thinking froakie's evolutions are going to be sound is because frogs usually make lots of croaks. My reason for thinking Sylveon is light is because pokémon is making the typing such a mystery. In french its name is nymphali, nymph means a maiden of light.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Not to mention what is even the point in Pancham specifically having this way to evolve. Evolutions don't just randomly happen, they make sense. Something like Nincada evolves into Ninjask AND Shedinja because it leaves behind a shell of itself, something real life Cicada's do. It makes sense. Mantyke evolves with Remoraid in the party because they have a relationship of symbiosis. Remoraid help clean Mantyke of debris and other small fish, while Mantyke is Remoraids 'shield' from bigger predators. It makes sense for them to have an evolution related to each other. Pancham's rumored evolution here however does not seem to make sense to me, but rather just seems to be thrown together as a half-assed gimmick with no reason.

Well, as I've heard a few people speculate, plus two more since your post, it is possible that Panchum will have a branched evolution. One of which could be some "holier-than-thou" bear the fights for justice, and will likely showcase the new Fairy type along with Fighting. The other would retain the Naughty aspect of Panchum, and would travel along a more Dark path. (pun intended. xD) It showcases some morality thing of martial arts or . . . something. It makes sense, if you take it as Pancham being influenced by a Dark or Fairy type, or, essentially, Bad or Good.

Out of all of the rumors on that list, there are none that I'm totally against or that seem out of the realm of possibility. It is pokemon, after all. A few of them, mainly just some names sounding stupid, I can get over, I'm sure.

Years
My thoughts of Sylveon:

....My reason for thinking Sylveon is light is because pokémon is making the typing such a mystery. In french its name is nymphali, nymph means a maiden of light.
With that logic Sylveon could easily be a Fairy type as it's German name is Feelinara and Fee is the name of the Fairy egg group.

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years
I don't like the sound of a Fairy type at all, even if it's just a rumour for now. We already have a Fairy species, why do we need a whole new type for it?! Light seems ok, as long as none of the old Pokemon have their type changed to Light.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
It's possible that Belch will still work without a berry but it would be less powerful. (Maybe 120 with a berry but something like 40-60 without one)

Sometimes it's possible to burp without having eaten anything big recently...but it wouldn't be a belch.

Years
I don't like the sound of a Fairy type at all, even if it's just a rumour for now. We already have a Fairy species, why do we need a whole new type for it?! Light seems ok, as long as none of the old Pokemon have their type changed to Light.

None of the previous Pokemon being changed to the Light type would leave the game terribly unbalanced.

I do not like the idea of a rival giving away her Pokemon.

Last edited:

MudkipBoy

Ruby/Sapphire Veteran
Years
  • Seen Feb 15, 2024
I'm thinking the same thing. Kind of like a dark influence on him. This also leads me to believe that he might have a Fighting / Fairy (or whatever the new type is) evolution as well that works in the same way.

And if you have both, then he evolves to pure fighting type?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Well, the whole generation is definitely genetics based.
The Professor's name is Patrice, which is another name for the Radix tree, an extension of binary search trees.
Well, that's differently a different sort of tree. Still breaks the tradition in my mind, though.

Cyclone

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
Years
Without saying that these rumors are bad i wish the guy who supposedly leaked them because he had connections with GF said that we will see more evolutions for older pokemon other than sylveon.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
Personally, I'm inclined to believe that these rumors are likely true. To make the argument that some of these rumors "break tradition" or are just too outlandish is wrong imo. When it comes to new games there is no reason at all to believe that just because it was done a certain way before that it will be done the exact same way this time.

Before we knew of riding pokemon how many people would have believed that would have been possible. If I heard a rumor like that I'd be skeptical, but now we can see that that is another different addition to Pokemon.

I think it is highly likely that the Fairy/Light type rumor is true at this point. Pokemon could use a fresh new innovation such as this one. I found it fun to learn type match ups and strategies to get good at the game. Would be nice to do it again.

blue

gucci
Years
Ok a little bit slow but I've just caught up on the latest rumours.

Espurr sounds way too similar to Espeon and I can't see them doing that although I like the idea, receiving the Kanto starters from another Professor seems kinda likely, it happened in RSE so why not? Less HMS seems plausible with the introduction of riding Pokemon and possibly other similar transport features, the other rumours seems a little too far-fetched IMO but I always like reading them!

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Before we knew of riding pokemon how many people would have believed that would have been possible. If I heard a rumor like that I'd be skeptical, but now we can see that that is another different addition to Pokemon.
And just to point out, the images and video we have all place it in the same city, with a concept art showing what appears to be a "bus stop" with a goat pictured on it. You hopefully see where I'm going here. This will be a taxi service within Lumiose City with THEIR Gogoats, not your own Pokémon.

Not sure if other cities have such a service, but hey, having Lapras or Drifloon transport people in other ways would be awesome as well.

Cyclone

blue

gucci
Years
And just to point out, the images and video we have all place it in the same city, with a concept art showing what appears to be a "bus stop" with a goat pictured on it. You hopefully see where I'm going here. This will be a taxi service within Lumiose City with THEIR Gogoats, not your own Pokémon.

Not sure if other cities have such a service, but hey, having Lapras or Drifloon transport people in other ways would be awesome as well.

Cyclone

Yeah, I also noticed the Go-Goat looking bus stop which made me think whether these would be placed in more than one place which would allow you to ride Go-Goat in the places that there were located at.

LycaNinja

Werewolf Assassin
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
Well, the whole generation is definitely genetics based.
The Professor's name is Patrice, which is another name for the Radix tree, an extension of binary search trees.

That's clever... Instead of a real tree they use a genetic tree... I should have thought of this myself xD

My thoughts of the starters:
Chespin's evolutions are either grass/dark or grass/ground
Fennekin's evolutions are fire/psychic
Froakie's evolutions are water/sound

My thoughts of the legendaries:
Xerneas is light type
Yveltal is sound type

My thoughts of Sylveon:

My reason of thinking froakie's evolutions are going to be sound is because frogs usually make lots of croaks. My reason for thinking Sylveon is light is because pokémon is making the typing such a mystery. In french its name is nymphali, nymph means a maiden of light.

Starters are Grass/Dark, Fire/Psychic, and Water/Fighting

Fairy and Light are going to be the same, in that I mean, only one of those two will exist, but they will both be regarded as the other. If Sound is real, and Xerneas is Light/Ground or Grass and Yveltal is Sound/Flying or Fire... That would leave Z to be a ???/Water type... What would that type be?

Sylveon is Light because the typing we seen on it doesn't exist yet... On the trailer for the episode with Slyveon and the other Eeveelutions you see each with a background that applies to its type, with Sylveon's background being hearts... So its Heart/Light/Fairy type...

If Sound is a type, this family better be retyped... Which applies to the notation of retyping being a bad idea that someone said... Here's why that's BS...

293.gif
294.gif
295.gif

If dual types are real, Bug Buzz would be Bug/Sound, Chatter would be Sound/Flying (Maybe just Sound), Metal Sound Steel/Sound... You get the idea...

Chatot would be Sound/Flying... Politoad would be Water/Sound... Meloetta would be Sound/Psychic-Fighting... Jigglypuff would be Sound as well, and not Fairy/Light/Heart type like people say...

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Yeah, I also noticed the Go-Goat looking bus stop which made me think whether these would be placed in more than one place which would allow you to ride Go-Goat in the places that there were located at.
What would be interesting is if they also operate between two cities. You can ride one to the other city, avoiding having to walk through grass and such, direct transfer, for a fee. Beats buying a bunch of Repels.

Cyclone

LycaNinja

Werewolf Assassin
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
Ok a little bit slow but I've just caught up on the latest rumours.

Espurr sounds way too similar to Espeon and I can't see them doing that although I like the idea, receiving the Kanto starters from another Professor seems kinda likely, it happened in RSE so why not? Less HMS seems plausible with the introduction of riding Pokemon and possibly other similar transport features, the other rumours seems a little too far-fetched IMO but I always like reading them!

Espurr would be the Japanese name, right?... Espeon's Japanese name is Eifi... Not similar at all...

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Well a Psychic Cat is pretty much what we already have with Espeon, I just think it would be too similar.
And we don't have that with Pidgey/Spearow/Hoothoot/Taillow/Starly/Pidove already? Why not a second Psychic cat?

Cyclone

Back