• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Helio Version

Which starter would you pick?

• Chamelica - Grass Starter

Votes: 110 26.6%
  • Kittorch - Fire Starter

Votes: 197 47.7%
  • Pireel - Water Starter

Votes: 106 25.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Death5 Shadow

Apocalyptic Salvation
Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2012
Well I have to say one thing I am glad that you are respriting. They were good but they were less than stellar, inhibiting the game's potential.

aquakip

Art Director, Pokemon Ethereal Gates
Years
Wow. Thanks for all the feedback, guys!

@Death5 Shadow Why do you not like the sprites? Those three are staying, they aren't be resprited. (already have been resprited 5 times) We're respriting all the other pokemon.

Anyway. 4 new screenshots of Avocet City.

avocetcity.png

(clockwise)
1.) Just about to battle Hayden, the Gym Leader of Avocet.
2.) Standing before the City's Bell. It sounds at dawn.
3.) Standing outside one of the houses in Avocet (looks like a Barrow from Lord of the Rings xD)
4.) Standing outside the Town's old Mansion.

Last edited:

Bards Sword

La Resistance!
Years
Umm...I don't wanna sound like a negative guy here, Aqua, but...wasn't Hayden our second leader? And Avocet is our third town with a gym.

Bards Sword

La Resistance!
Years
Ummm....no. There is a gym in Tern. In fact, Tern's a huge city. Look, if you don't know whether or not a town has a gym in it, just ask me. That's why I'm here.

Last edited:

Bards Sword

La Resistance!
Years
You know, if you want town's gym skipped, its probably a good idea to tell the guy who is writing all your dialogue...

Sorry for all the confusion, guys.

Years
  • Seen Apr 6, 2010
Wow. Emort sure has developed a lot since it started. Good job guys, you should be proud.

Starrcasm

Game Director, Pokémon Ethereal Gates
Years
Hey you guys-

So Aquakip is on indefinite leave, but I still want progress on the game to continue.

Because of this, I am in desperate search of a scriptor/programmer for RMXP, who knows their way around the Pokemon Essentials Starter Kit. I know they're hard to come by, but the game really needs it.

In the meantime, Pireel's sugimori art:

pireel.gif

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
Years
Hey you guys-

So Aquakip is on indefinite leave, but I still want progress on the game to continue.

Because of this, I am in desperate search of a scriptor/programmer for RMXP, who knows their way around the Pokemon Essentials Starter Kit. I know they're hard to come by, but the game really needs it.

In the meantime, Pireel's sugimori art:

pireel.gif

Nice work! But why as Aqua quit? I hope this game continues. If you need any ideas for towns, fakemon, gym layouts, leaders whatever just PM me as I'm a fairly creative soul.

Keep it up!

Starrcasm

Years
Oh no, he didnt quit, he's gone for personal reasons. He expects a month to two months.

But even so, when he returns he would like a good Scriptor to be on the team, as Aqua isn't much of a scriptor himself. [He's primarily my spriter and mapper :P]

Bards Sword

La Resistance!
Years
Guess what its time for?

A plot update!

This time, its a CHARACTER PROFILE!

This one is:

Lewis Kinn

Lewis Kinn was born in Whimbrel Town. In high school, he realized that there were only two ways to get off the island: owning a pokemon that knew surf or fly, which required certain badges and years of training, or calling in a professional fly or surf service, which could cost thousands of poke. So, Lewis decided to make a little money off the situation. He dropped out of school and built a small ferry that could transport people across the sea. His prices were cheap, and Lewis was making a good profit.

One day, a wealthy gentleman named Ismail Zareen used Lewis' services. Halfway across the sea, they were attacked by a wild lapras. Ismail used his Persian to defeat the Lapras and caught it. Throughout the whole battle, Lewis kept heroic control of the boat. Ismail was impressed. Arriving in Tern City, Ismail revealed he was the owner of a cruise liner called the S.S. Anne, in Vermillion City in the Kanto Region. The liner was about to go on its last journey, a cruise celebrating its old and retiring captain. Since they did not yet have a captain for the party, Ismail offered Lewis the job.

Lewis sailed well, but a drunken man on the deck made a bet he could capture a Gyrados without using any pokemon. Taking some stones from the decorations around the boat, the man spotted a Gyrados in the water and started throwing the stones at it. Enraged, the Gyrados attacked the ship and tore a hole through it. With heroic effort, Lewis was able to steer the ship back to port in time and evacuate most of the passengers. Along the way, he found a pokeball in an abandoned room inscribed with the words "To Evan S." He took it, and left the ship. There, they stood on the docks, watching the ship sink.

Ismail was impressed by Lewis' handling of the situation, and offered Lewis anything he wanted. Thinking quickly, Lewis asked for the lapras Ismail had caught earlier. Returning back to Whimbrel, he set up shop again, this time using a lapras. His handling of the S.S. Anne gained him renown, and Lewis amassed a small fortune. Money corrupted him. He instituted a rule saying he would only sail trainers who had at least one gym badge, figuring they had the most money, and put it under the pretense of wanting a guarantee the people he sailed were honest men. He became known throughout Emort as one of the most corrupt businessmen, and was busted several times by the police in blackmail and bribery. Because he owns a monopoly on transportation out of Whimbrel; however, he has stayed in business. You need him to get you out of Whimbrel.

Lewis looked up Evan S. in the yellow pages and put an add out. Lewis couldn't believe his luck: the same Evan the gift was intended for was the man who was starting an amateur trainer League called the Battle Frontier. Ever since returning the pokeball, Lewis has had Evan in his pocket. He has a monopoly on transportation by sea into the Battle Frontier, and has been influential in making changes to Evan's system to make him more money.

BadSamaritan

Gone Fishin'
Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2023
The game does look pretty solid with what you guys already have done. Good luck getting a scripter, while I don't have any particular experience in making the games, Its pretty obvious getting a scripter is the main thing that holds most of the games back from stardome. I think once you've shown that you guys have a lot of work done as far as story and sprites go, I think you'll get quite a few decent offers though.

Also, just judging off the most recent pics shown of the game, the grass and bushes seem a little too saturated. I think it does look great, but I think prolonged playing for a good length of time could hurt some peoples eyes. But of course stress the little, as it not bad at all.

aquakip

Years
Rickyboy@ Yeah, that's what we plan on doing. I'm thinking about redoing Avocet City too, seeing as I hate it. ^_^

Anyway. Would anyone care to see a few new sprites?

Route

Slowpoke
Years
  • Seen Nov 21, 2015
Rickyboy@ Yeah, that's what we plan on doing. I'm thinking about redoing Avocet City too, seeing as I hate it. ^_^

I'd like to see some new sprites.

BadSamaritan

Gone Fishin'
Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2023

Cool, I also forgot to mention how much I like the style of your tiles though. It seems kind of light a mix of zelda(minish cap I think) and the DP style.

I'm sure many people would love to see the new sprites, myself included.

aquakip

Years
Ok. Firstly, I'd like to share with everyone how far we have actually come with our spritework. So here is a small timeline of the starters.

timeline.png

As you can see, we have developed a lot; and so has our Water Starter. ^_^
I have updated the first post with the new starter sprites.

Starrcasm

Years
Fitsu, Famarin, Amphitad, and finally Pireel. Wow. We've gone through four water starters. That's pretty funny.

I still like Famarin the best. [the navy blue one]

I think we should keep it in our dex somewhere. XD

BadSamaritan

Gone Fishin'
Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2023
I think the grass and water starters are fantastic, they do a great job of capturing the simplicity of a starter, with unique shapes that make you wonder what will happen as it evolves. I'll be honest though, I don't really like the fire starter. It has the typical cat with cute big eyes, and the typical fire on the tail thing. I think you made a good choice making it a mammal, to compliment the reptile and amphibian choices for the other two, but I think it should be something more than the usual cat. If you use it though, I actually like the look of the second to last sprite of it it seems more defined.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back