• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Sawk] VS Throh

Throh or Sawk?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
Years
I used a Throh named Brutus in my White runthrough, and he was very useful indeed, so my vote goes to the little red fella.

To be entirely honest, I don't really like either of them that much. They remind me too much of Bert and Ernie from Sesame Street, and they both just look really grumpy.

Charliezard

A wild shroomish appeared!
Years
Neither of them appeal to me but (somehow they remind me of Ernie and Bert...) I must say I prefer Sawk. I've always preferred offense to defense and Sawk just looks cooler (plus Bert is awesome).

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
I prefer Sawk over Throh, though both have their pros and cons. I've used Sawk in my Black run, and he plays out pretty well. Even with low defenses he's pretty fast and the Sturdy ability will help him dish out a hit or two before being KO'ed.

Years
I really like the design of both of them, partly because they remind me of the days when I used to do karate. But I have to say Sawk is the more preferred one in my opinion. I prefer a faster and more powerful play style, and with sturdy you really can't go wrong.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
It's pretty safe to say that Sawk has won, but hey in the next hour we could get lots of mass votes (of course everyone can continue posting in the thread), but yeah, unstickying (and also voted for Sawk just then!) and the new weekly poll will be up soon :)

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
Years
  • Age 27
  • honk
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
From my point of view, Sawk is probably my best bet. I like his color scheme, choice of battling, how cute his sprite in, and his battle cry is adorable compared to Troh. Unlike Troh, Sawk has some moves I've seen others use that Troh hasn't. I prefer speed over defense in the end.

dnomyar27

Beginning VulpixEevee Lover
Years
not really interested in fight type but

well, they are strong but i don't like fight type pokemon a lot, but if i decide between them, i'll take Sawk, it's blue, one of my fav colors lol

80s.haircut.man

SuperBanned
Years
Don't care for either, seeing as the creativity behind their spawn was null and the initial pair look cooler anyways... So if I had to make a choice, my reasoning would be thus:

Sawk.png
=
assos_thermicsock_blue_11_m.jpg

blue

gucci
Years
Throh, out of the two he's the only one I've currently used.. I do plan to pick up a Sawk at some point but for now my vote goes to Throh. I still prefer Sawk's design!

Years
I love these Pokémon vs Pokémon threads.
This one for me wasn't easy to decide as I really like both Throh and Sawk.
I love Throh's design and the fact he isn't as tall as Sawk, which puts me off him.. but I do love that he is blue and a physical nightmare.
The choice between a loss of attack for some defense isn't a bad idea either.
Again making it hard to decide is their abilities...
Guts makes up and more for the less attack than Sawk at the cost of a hax, on the other hand Sturdy hinders other trying to take advantage of Sawk's low defense.
For me it is going to be Sawk solely on the fact it is more common in my version and none of the above reasons.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
I hate them both, but I like Sawk a lot more because of it's attack. Besides, Throh is really ugly and I hate its name.

Sodapop

Pokemon Trainer
Years
I kinda prefered Sawk over Throh, don't they each have some special
stat,Throh is attack and Sawk is speed?

Anyways, I always liked Sawk, it was quick and kicked butt.

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
Years
Filth. Absolute filth, both of them. I don't hate them quite as much as Timburr's line, but man do I dislike these guys. If I HAD to choose one, then I'd go with Throh because I like its color scheme better :L

Sodapop

Pokemon Trainer
Years
Dewds and Mario this day, what has this world come to D:,
I'm still going with Sawk and sealing it.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Sawk has the Sturdy ability. Throh does not. While I don't have a fighting preference between them, if I was using a move that required me going last, Sawk would be the better candidate to deliver the OHKO.

Quick note regarding B2/W2 if this may be excused: they become version exclusive in the new games. This is based on my research so far, and this could be different.

Cyclone

Back