• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you straightedge?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
Do you abstain from drugs, alcohol and promiscuity by choice? Why or why not?

Honest

Hi!
Years
I do, because I feel that being straightedge is self control of your life, and yeah. That's basically it.

Will it change? Possibly. I've sworn to never do weed or drink, though, and I keep my promises so -shrug-

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I tend to focus on how my actions will affect my future and if avoiding one or all of those things will keep my life on the current path it's on, I will choose to do so. Currently, I do not dip into any of the three, and I don't expect to in the near future.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
Well, I don't smoke, I don't drink, and I don't do drugs. So yes, I am Straight-Edge. I used to drink, but stopped.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Yeah, generally. Simply because none of it interests me. Well no, actually, alcohol is fairly interesting in a variety of ways. So I'll drink alcoholic things on occasion, but to taste rather than to get drunk. Not that I would ever manage to drink enough to get drunk anyway because none of it's actually that good.

But otherwise... nah. It's not even anything to do with morality or social conventions or whatever; it's just that I don't find any of that an interesting thing to do. Also: I'm underage so I can't buy alcohol & I don't want to go looking for people to sell me drugs & I don't have much money anyway.

Years
I have alcoholic relatives and other relatives who have died or been permanently impaired because of alcohol and drugs, both on their part and on the part of others. Alcoholism seems to run in families. I don't want that to happen to me so I've stayed away from drugs and have only once had enough alcohol to impair me (which was a thankfully totally unpleasant experience and not something I want to experience again) which was a kind of controlled experiment on my part anyway since I don't drink even small amounts. It's just too much of a risk for me to take.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
I had no idea there was a term for it, "Straight-Edge?" I've heard of that on different occasions but never understood the definition of it x)

I was forced to smoke back when I was 3-4 years old twice, still remembered it. Thankfully its probably why I hate smelling or even seeing the cigs these days, let alone tell my nephew to keep the weed in the bag when he's @ my house. I completely despise smoking altogether. Same goes for drugs, except I've never done them & never will! If you knew my dad's family history, you'd understand why I'm so strict on this. They are all junkies in these categories, so I'm 100% considering them NOT my family.

I've drank before, once & got drunk. It was an interesting experience, but after that night, I said to myself, "Why do people get a kick out of this & WHY does the drink taste that nasty & they still enjoy it?" This was back in April earlier this year. Never touched another alcohol since but its not really my thing of interest. I can party without it. And will stick to that.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I drink. I used to be super judgmental of drinking/smoking weed like a lot of teenage "nerds", but I outgrew that. I've never tried weed but I'm not against it, I just don't want to spend money on it and never really got the chance to try it.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I've never seen anything good come out of either of those three. I know some people who have died of alcoholism, who have done some really hardcore drugs and don't remember half of it, and people who are a little too free with their body.

The results of their behavior are all very undesirable lol.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
Well, I'm certainly not open to doing drugs, weed or whatever else kids do these days. Certainly not ecstasy either, no way. I drink very rarely because whenever I do drink, I end up absolutely drunk and I find it extremely distasteful and not what I want in life. But, I can be quite promiscuous if I want to. Promiscious Girl by Nelly Furtado & Timbaland does happen to be about me, after all.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
I have alcoholic relatives and other relatives who have died or been permanently impaired because of alcohol and drugs, both on their part and on the part of others. Alcoholism seems to run in families. I don't want that to happen to me......

The same situation has been with my own family, for many generations, and even the younger generation is going the same direction. Its a sad way to live, what makes it worst is that the specific family members who drink, smoke, or do drugs don't want to admit that its a problem.

Drugs and alcohol and how it affects people, family, is what made me never start, and I never will. I will just try to relax and enjoy live for as long as possible. Its the only reason that I don't get angry or depressed even when drunk family member are shouting at others.

Broken_Arrow

Paper Plane
Years
I don't drink,smoke or do drugs because i don't need to..when a problem happen to me i just try to face it to end it not to make another problem by addicting either!....i want to keep my health as long as i live..this is my choice for life ^^

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
Years
Yes to all three.

I am thankfully allergic to cigarettes and react funnily every time I'm near a smoker with one. Therefore, I don't want to try anything else like that because I don't want to know.

My doctor said that alcohol beyond one drink would be a bad idea for me. I've tried some drinks, and typically those don't even go over well and I feel like crap in the morning. Therefore, I've decided to abstain from it completely, and to drink soda instead. You don't need booze to be social at a party.

And lastly, I believe you shouldn't have sexual relations with another person until you know that you love them. Promiscuous sex really isn't as satisfying as loving sex; it's not something to "just do" because there are plenty of reasons that could make you regret it later. There's only one person I have in mind...

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I abstain from drugs and alcohol by choice, which I guess could be seen as "straightedge" though it's a bit of a wanky term lol. I don't do this to be "straightedge", I just think these are costly and largely pointless activities and if I can have fun without them (which I can) why would I start? If you don't start something, you never miss it, so that's why I'm not going to go there.

As for promiscuity, there's nothing wrong with that in my book. Well I won't even say 'promiscuity' because that has judgmental overtones. I'll call it healthy sexual expression. I don't abstain from that because it's fun, I practice it safely and it has no harmful side effects. Abstaining from sex for any reason other than you personally not being ready to take that step is silly, in my opinion.

Years
Hahahahahaha no.
I don't tough drugs and never have really, alcohol though... Yeh, I do drink, but not crazy amounts. A beer every now and then I do enjoy.​

Years
No. I'll never do illegal drugs. I abstain from sex because I'm personally not ready (also where would I even find someone to have sex with?). Whenever I get around to it, though, I'll have as much sex as I please. Drinking, however, I enjoy. I try not to go overboard, though. Having just a bottle of something weak is tasty.

If you had asked me this five years ago I'd probably be willing. Now, though, naaaaah.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I abstain from drugs and alcohol by choice, which I guess could be seen as "straightedge" though it's a bit of a wanky term lol. I don't do this to be "straightedge", I just think these are costly and largely pointless activities and if I can have fun without them (which I can) why would I start? If you don't start something, you never miss it, so that's why I'm not going to go there.

This, I also do not like the term. And also.. I just don't like the thought of not being in control of myself with drugs (or even too much alcohol.) I wouldn't want to try drugs because they are rather unappealing to me. I will have a drink every once in a while or with a meal- but not to get drunk : /
I will have sex when I am ready to have sex. I am in no rush, but I am not holding back for no reason either- I just want to be ready and comfortable.

I also think I have allergies to smoking; I am very sensitive to cigarette smoke and will often either start coughing, have red/sore eyes or throat, get a headache, or feel like vomiting even if someone is smoking like 3-4 meters away from me.

Back