• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Lumiose City

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
I must say Kalos' Capital city looks better than Castelia did (I would comapre with Saffron, Goldon Rod, Rustboro, and Hearthome but those four weren't big sized cities like Castelia and Lumiose so it'll be an uneven comparison in favor of Lumiose).Hopefully we'll be able to go inside more of the buildings.

Yeah, more shops, maybe one where we can buy character clothes, and probably a restaurant (suggested in promo art and in the trailer)

blue

gucci
Years
I wonder if they've added new shops with new services, in the trailer you saw the player walking past what appeared to be a Café.

blue

gucci
Years
It does look like there is a lot to do even more so in the main city and especially with the diagonal movement I do think I may get a little confused too, but I'll get the jist of it.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I actually wouldn't mind getting lost in the city, it'll be fun to see everything it's got.
Hopefully we'll see other cities soon. Actually all the Kalos towns/cities seem like they have something to see from what I've seen of the map.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I don't like how the big cities get the focus, how about the others?

I'm pretty sure the other cities will have a lot to offer as well, we just haven't seen them yet ;)
I'll probably prefer a small city next to the Ocean, but Lumiose definitely looks awesome :D

Lumiose sounds like it comes from the word Lumos, which means Light?
Maybe during night-time the city will be full of bright lights? That'd be pretty cool!

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
I'm pretty sure the other cities will have a lot to offer as well, we just haven't seen them yet ;)
I'll probably prefer a small city next to the Ocean, but Lumiose definitely looks awesome :D

Lumiose sounds like it comes from the word Lumos, which means Light?
Maybe during night-time the city will be full of bright lights? That'd be pretty cool!

Hey I already suggested that XD
But yeah, Lumios only has one possible original and that is indeed, Lumos/Luminous

Years
The theme of the cities' names might be related to light. Lumiose has got the same root as "illuminate" and "luminosity." There are hundreds of light-related words that could be used for other cities and towns: glow, bright, aurora, shine, flare, radiant, halo, sparkle, glisten, iridescent, gleam, dazzle, glint, etc.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
The theme of the cities' names might be related to light. Lumiose has got the same root as "illuminate" and "luminosity." There are hundreds of light-related words that could be used for other cities and towns: glow, bright, aurora, shine, flare, radiant, halo, sparkle, glisten, iridescent, gleam, dazzle, glint, etc.

I call dibs on the first town having a name being based on the word Spark, as it's the beinning of your journey and the beginning of light starts with a single spark.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2014
Lumiose City = Luminosity in my mind... Gonna have something to do with light.

Light type!? lmao

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2014
So many people (from what I've seen anyways) have speculated that the Lumiose City tower will most likely be the huge market. For some reason that just doesn't gel right with me. They made out the tower to be of significant importance and it seems to big just to hold a few shops imo.

I'm thinking the tower is either some huge battling facility, the pokemon league, or introduce some kind of mechanic that is completely new to the series.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I must say Kalos' Capital city looks better than Castelia did (I would comapre with Saffron, Goldon Rod, Rustboro, and Hearthome but those four weren't big sized cities like Castelia and Lumiose so it'll be an uneven comparison in favor of Lumiose).Hopefully we'll be able to go inside more of the buildings.
I'd prefer more buildings to having to use the damn elevator all the time...

It does look like there is a lot to do even more so in the main city and especially with the diagonal movement I do think I may get a little confused too, but I'll get the jist of it.
I think the addition of diagonal movement is purely a circle pad thing. It's possible, so use it. I wonder to what degree it will be employed, however; can one go south-southwest for instance?

As the Kalos region is based on France then I am sure Lumious city is referred from paris city with Lots of lights in night as well as a cool scenery every where
This.

Paris is known as "La Ville-Lumière" (the City of Lights). Meanwhile, Lumious is a reference to "luminous" (bright or shining, esp. in the dark) or "luminosity" (the intrinsic brightness of a celestial object). This is definitely the Pokémon version of Paris. No doubt about it.

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen May 18, 2013
I wonder if we might get vocals music at times. would be nice at times in the games

Fenne-kun

//TheEternalSushi
Years
Lumiose and its theme - Energetic or Graceful?

Lumiose City...

BoyTrainerrunninginLumioseCityscreenshot_thumb.png

So apparently this bustling city would be the capital of the Kalos Region, and it's pretty much based off France. This got me thinking. France is quite a magical city at night, yet it's also energetic and quite cheerful during the day. Do you think there would be a day/night cycle that would display two sides of it? Do you think its theme would be like Castelia City or something more relaxing and french-like?

Oh and here's my own interpretation of Lumiose at night ^^

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I wonder if we might get vocals music at times. would be nice at times in the games
I highly doubt it. Basically, each region would have different musical vocals.

That doesn't mean some aria with melodic singing, without using actual words, can't occur. But actual vocals I highly doubt.

Cyclone

Years
So many people (from what I've seen anyways) have speculated that the Lumiose City tower will most likely be the huge market. For some reason that just doesn't gel right with me. They made out the tower to be of significant importance and it seems to big just to hold a few shops imo.

I'm thinking the tower is either some huge battling facility, the pokemon league, or introduce some kind of mechanic that is completely new to the series.
I sort of expect that it'll be just a vantage point where you can look over different views of the city, sort of like that little hill area at the start of BW2. You know, just a chance to show off the 3D nature of the game a little more.

Back