• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Manga Caterpie Contest! week 32

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024

Pokémon Manga Caption Contest!

Welcome back! Or if this is your first time in the caption contest, a huge warm welcome to you~
In this thread, we will present to you a panel from a pokémon manga, and it's your job to come up with what the characters in the panel are saying. It's a caption contest! If it goes well, this will return with new panels every week.

NOTE: it's not a guessing contest, it's a creative contest! Even if there are speech bubbles in the actual manga panel, you are supposed to come up with a new line of text (or several) that just fits with the picture somehow - according to you!

The winner will be smugly featured in my (Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers) signature for a week as well get the chance to help me judging next week's winner and what new panel to use! Now, that i surely glamorous.

Judges, week 32: [supporter]Scyke[/supporter] & Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers

Rules

• Abide by PokéCommunity's rules. Such as minimum 4 words / post and no vulgarities.
  • You can only submit one caption / week, and the winner will be announced around Saturday.
  • You can of course not submit the same caption as someone else. Be as original as you can!
  • Your caption can either be what the characters are saying OR another line of text or series of words that you think fit with the panel of the week. It's up to your imagination! But we are mostly looking for things that make us think "FUNNY / EPIC / D'AWW", ya dig?
  • Post your entry in this thread. VM/PM any questions to me. If you want to chit-chat about the manga or this contest - go to the List & Chit-chat thread!

Panel #4

32_zpsf072b7aa.jpg

This panel is courtesy of Scyke, last week's winner. And it is from the manga Electric Tale of Pikachu! A relatively well known but maybe overlooked manga that is a sort of adaption of the anime. In the lower left corner is Ash, seemingly as happy as usual about Brock's behavior towards pretty girls. Or is this scene about something else? It's up to you ;)

Good luck!
piakc_zpsa65eb91f.png

Years
Ash : Oh man here we go again !!!!
Brock : Well hello there young lady, I am Brock, the most handsome guy in the world presenting you with this beautiful Vileplume..
Girl : Ah what??? Sheeeeeeee thanks I guess... (Man loved that girls expressions {XD})

Dark Sonic

Chaos Control!
Years
Brock: hi my names Brock i know this is sudden but here take this vileplume *wink *wink
girl: gee thanks I'll put that next to the other vileplume that i have in my garden...
Ash: show off

*Icecold*

Bow down to Queen Meowstic
Years
Brock: Hey there lady, or at least I'm guessing you're a lady! Here, have a flower which I am sort of sure does not have a face and leg and is dusted in poisonous and incredibly allergenic pollen!

Woman: Oh sir, that is, er, rather kind of you. But can you be as so polite to, open your eyes for a second...?

Ash: Aaaaand, she's gonna die. Or sneeze her nose off. Whichever.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024

Week 32 winner...

vileplum_zpsf2d4bb81.png

Manga Reader X ! I wanted to have a policy on not letting the same member win twice until a decent number of weeks has gone by... But nah. That isn't really fair either. This is just too awesome.

Congratulations, you will get your name sneakily featured in my signature for a week, and if you wish, you can help me choose the panel for next week's contest as well as help deciding on the next winner! I will contact you through PM.

Special mention of honor for [supporter]007_eleven[/supporter] though! It was really difficult to decide between yours and the winning one because we're all suckers for puns xD and Ash, haha. Keep 'em coming and you might be the winner next time! And also an extra thanks to [supporter]Scyke[/supporter], this week's extra judge.

Thank you all for participating, and be sure to check out the next week's thread. Remember it's all for good fun and if you don't win one week, you might win the next. The panels as well as the judges will always vary, after all ;) And you definitely don't have to photoshop the panel just because some do that - you may just as well just type the text and I'll fix the panel if you win. See you soon again~!

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
Lol congratulations Manga Reader X! And good luck to everyone next week! I should take more time into my captions, maybe I'll win one of these times ;)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
That's the spirit, guys! Think of me too, I can never win, haha.

The next thread will be up around Friday and will be labeled as #5. Hope to see you there~!

Back