• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

Xtrude

Gamer
Years
ur a god

zel ur a god bcus would neva b able to do this thanks for all u hav done!!!

by the way how do u get trainer sprites into game without corruption bcus when i do it it says its too big and then when i play its weird colour, the image is indexed!

ChrisG14

I'm back baby!
Years
Wow Zel, I'm glad SG's back! I'm sure you don't remeber me (no one does XD), but I helped with the text walkthrough with dirk123. Once I get some free time, I'll help update that walkthrough with Dirk so it goes with Beta 5.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
OK people, let me remind you that there's always two things you need to do before posting questions on the thread.
The First: Read the FAQs in the first post
The Second: If you will have gameplay questions, you may want to check out the walkthroughs posted in the first post as well (under the section I called "Tourist Center")

Please, do that before posting in the thread, because you are starting to make questions that have been already asked, or gameplay stuff that it can be found in the walkthroughs, or stuff that simply cannot be revealed that easily on this thread.

Specially, I'm getting quite annoyed with the "where can I find X pokemon?", "where's Jirachi?" or "how does the GS Ball, Kurt, Celebi event work?". You really need to act more like gamers, and investigate the game you are playing.
The Jirachi thing is something pretty strange to do, and until someone else comes up with an idea, all your complains about not finding it wont be answered (specially from me, since the Beta was released just four days ago), and they'll just generate spam, so, wait till someone discovers it, or try to discover it for yourself.

Well, please, dont just pust stuff without thinking. Can you do that for me? Thanks ;)

Zel, I found a bug Mahogany in TeamR base: When are you going through the pannels with wild pkmns in gold you can't escape frrom it, here you can

They made everything that way (dont know why), on FR you can escape from ANY wild battle, even from Mewtwo, so there's no way to avoid it. Unless I ask Mastermind_X... :P

There is a BIG bug :(

I am on the road to go to E4,when you surf east from New Bark Town,pass the waterfall cave,battle 2-3 trainers (after the trainer that has 2 starmies lvl 31 and a Nidoking/nidoqueen i dont remember well) and in the road there is a spot that when you step or surf on it the game RESETS itself.I can't continue because wherever i step, the game resets.Does it happen to someone else?Can it be fixed somehow?

Btw the game rocks.It is awesome keep up the good work.Too bad i can't continue :(

You are having a big problem which nobody has. It sounds as a patching problem, or maybe using an older beta save. BUT, if you could post a screenshot, somehow (since you are new around here, it'd be hard) I'd be able to help... I cannot say anything till then.

I just noticed a little glitch (not sure if it has been noted before, but meh), whenver you pick a berry you can't pick another berry from any other tree until you enter then exit a building, is this meant to be like that or...

This is in the FAQs. You then said that even after walking 10 minutes outside he still doesn't want the GS Ball. Maybe that could mean you didn't talk with Elm first? If you have, then you are activating another timed event somewhere else, there are a few around (even the trip from Kanto to Johto is a timed event), it should work after some time.

why arent Gary replaced with Silver at the introduction :S?

Simply, I dont have a sprite to replace it with, yet XD

I seem to have a ghost Rare Candy, I open my bag its there, I close it open it again its gone, repeate and its back again, I use it, it comes back after a bit. It even has a "x0" beside it.

Sigh... Even more weirdness... No idea...

I don't know why this happened, but the phone booth got all messed up.
After i beat Morty, i called my mom(for fun) and it said "mem not availiable" or whatever it says when you don't have the person

After i beat Olivine gym it was fine.

Can anyone else confirm about this?

Wow Zel, I'm glad SG's back! I'm sure you don't remeber me (no one does XD), but I helped with the text walkthrough with dirk123. Once I get some free time, I'll help update that walkthrough with Dirk so it goes with Beta 5.

Ah, PLEASE! It's quite urgent an update on the walkthrough, so we can start getting less questions about gameplay stuff.

I'll repeat it...
The First: Read the FAQs in the first post
The Second: If you will have gameplay questions, you may want to check out the walkthroughs posted in the first post as well (under the section I called "Tourist Center")

Now that that's done, I'll say that I'll be releasing the X version tomorrow Friday.

shadoweevee

Are you still there?
Years
Yes I've been waiting for the x version I'm going to trade my old pokemon from beta four to beta five and play with them. Woohoo shinygold is back and better than ever! :cool:

shinygoldash

bagel-meister ;)
Years
I haven't found the "so-called" lv10 no obay glitch.
Maybe it was just the rom.

Maybe ZEL could do a switch for Beta 6

So The rival sprite is moved to Blue's slot and Blue's OW(It should be revamped)
is where the Silver OW originally was.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Hey everyone, I just uploaded the "X" version of Shiny Gold, so now you can download it from the first post, as always!

It'll have the same bugs and stuff than the normal version so dont have high hopes of fixes there.

So, with that, now I'll start working on updating the list of bugs and maybe give the first post some redisignment or something (on the weekend)

Hope you have some fun with the X (at least more than me, since I just suffer on that version... -_-)

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
Great to see the X version finally out, Zel! I'll play it as soon as I... well, get ready. 'Cause I have to get ready to play your awesome hack, Zel!
Good luck, and I hope to see some progress on the next release... :D

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
Zel, in dragon den when you pick up the dragon fang from the left side, clair doesn't come, she is at the end of this island, and when you talk to her, the game freezes.

Ok, this bug has happened before. I played that part several times to make sure, and I didn't have any problem. Did you use any cheat or something? Because if you access the cave the correct way, Clair should disappear and there should not be any problem. I just checked it entering the cave normally and I didn't have any problem. So, please, give more information.

Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2008
this game is brilliant. Gold and silver were always my favourite games and the fact that they have been re-made is great. I highly recomend this too anybody who might download it.

Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2009
just reached the misty part, thats the end of beta5 isnt it? and when i use the walk through walls code everything after celurean city turns odd.. i also arrived at "Pallet Town" and found myself at NewBark town lol

Dio

Years
  • Seen Aug 12, 2010
There is a BIG bug :(

I am on the road to go to E4,when you surf east from New Bark Town,pass the waterfall cave,battle 2-3 trainers (after the trainer that has 2 starmies lvl 31 and a Nidoking/nidoqueen i dont remember well) and in the road there is a spot that when you step or surf on it the game RESETS itself

EDIT: I somehow tried to patch again the beta 5 on another fire red ROM and it worked because the character moved normally on the spot that was resetting the game,without resetting it.But the next trainer has a level 65 Feebas (!!) and the trainer after him has 3 pokemons and the first one has a level 51 Whiscash (and of course i cant win him).All my pokemon are from lvl 35-45.Is it supposed to be so hard or is a problem that I only have, again? What's happening?? :S

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
Years
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
lv65 Feebas?
isn't Milotic
anyway that has to be X version

Dio

Years
  • Seen Aug 12, 2010
lv65 Feebas?
isn't Milotic
anyway that has to be X version

OH am sorry.Yes i meant Milotic.So the X version is supposed to be very hard?
I tried now to patch the beta 5 (not the X) and it worked but know the trainer has a level 55 Feebas and the next one only a level 30 qwilfish.Ok now i think the problem is fixed.Thx for the help everyone!!! :D

clonex25

Just droppin' by...
Years
Finally, Beta5 is released. I hope that it has some good music there. I also hope that the looping thingy will be at the next releases.

I feel sad about being Shiny Gold is only second place, but at least it reached the Top 3, not bad at all.

Back