• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

[Released] Pokémon Obsidian Version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I love the new battle backgrounds and the overall style of the game. The battle backgrounds are quite original considering that it's not pixel art and it's not like the normal style of the games with the platforms and all.

Just a note that the floor on the bottom left screenshot looks quite messy with all of the bones, rocks and the crater-like holes everywhere.
Spoiler:

Edit:
I also noticed that when an enemy uses absorb, the animation is still the same for when you use absorb. The animation should be reversed. o:

Last edited:

Pharetra

zzzz
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 23, 2021
This looks really good, I especially like the Battle Backgrounds. Good luck.

Atomic Reactor

@Logiedan: I made it less cluttered, and the animations are buggy. I have no clue how to fix it either. Basically, when an enemy uses an attack, the animation is showin as if though the enemy is basically on the opposite side of your pokemon if that makes sense lol.

Thanks for the comments guys. I'm currently working on finishing up Pineroot city.. still have quite a bit to do i think. Then i have to do route 2A and then Oakgrove city.

In Oakgrove i will have a place where you can do missions. so if you can give me some ideaas on what to do, please feel free to post them. here's an example..

==========
Mission: I need Medicine!
Description: I'm to old to bring my pokemon to a pokecenter, and he is hurt. Can a young trainer please bring me a potion? - Sincerely, Old Lady Marge
Reward: Nugget
Need: Potion,Super Potion,Hyper Potion, or Max Potion
==========

so yeah, if you guys wanna give me ideas id love it. This will give you guys something to do in the 2nd demo (which will end at Oak Grove City)

==========
Mission:
Description:
Reward:
Need:
==========

There's a template if you wanna gimme some ideas!

I'll try and get some screens up in the next few days guys!

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
Hmm... Not sure how flexable the system is,
but once you get a HM you could make one where you have to give someone a pokemon that has learned the HM.

==========
Mission: Sam's Razor
Description: I accidently lost my HM cut, can someone trade me a pokemon that has learned cut? -Sam
Reward:
Need: A Pokemon that has Cut
==========

==========
Mission: Stranded
Description: Help, I'm stuck on this island. Please trade me a pokemon that has HM Surf - Samantha
Reward: ???
Need: A pokemon that has Surf
==========

Atomic Reactor

Hmm, i like that idea. I think the only HMs i will be having wlll be rock smash and strength. But I could do missions like that:)

Atomic Reactor

Seeing as how my last post didn't stir up any activity(aside from DarkDoom haha) perhaps some screens will? The gym is all done, just gotta do the battle background for it. I have to do all the NPC's and building insides still for the city. Incase you wanna know the progress. So yeah, here's some screens. comments would be appreciated!
screeeeeeeeeens.png

I will be gone for the next 10 days, so no progress will be done. but hopefully i can get some more interesting things done when i get home. comments are appreciated btw, just sayin!

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
Seeing as how my last post didn't stir up any activity

Yeah, game dev is a pretty slow section. :/ Probably attributed to the fact most people give upon projects.

Screens look great. I really like the battle background, The proportion look really good, something I find most games don't get right.

Atomic Reactor

and @gallade: Idk, i just thought it would be funny.

Sorry about the lack of updates guys! After I got back from missouri i had to spend all the next week getting ready for my high school gradutation party. Then i got a ps3... so that's been taking up some time haha.
Right now I just have to do boring insides of buildings and NPCs...and that really brings my motivation down because it's so boring lol.
So yeah, im still working... just kinda slow. I haven't given up yet!

Is there anything specifically you wanna see?

Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2017
the battle backgrounds look mad, especially that it changes when its day/night. i wish i could implement something like that to my gba hack lol

Tryploshion

I become a Pokemon Master!
Years
  • Seen Oct 1, 2017
i like it the straters looks cool and the tiles looks very good i like it

Atomic Reactor

Still working on the game guys! Just really busy getting use to college. But yeah, I'm stll working on it!

Atomic Reactor

Ok guys, I worked a bunch today on the game! Have quite a bit to do still till the next demo, but I'll be updating a few times before that.
Here's some pics from the gym battle, (should I add darker rings for bases in the battle background? or is it fine?) And the snorlax event thingy!
Comments/ feedback would be really appreciated!
screenshotblablabla.png

Rayziken 2

Beginning ROM Hacker
Years
  • Seen Sep 9, 2016
I hate to sound like a brat. but are you planning to add the Hoenn starters? After all, they're my favourite ones.

Besides the bratty demand, I'm loving this game! The tiles and battle backgrounds are great, I adore the starters (The Basic Grass one looks a lot like Bonsly and Sudowoodo) and I can't wait to get playing!

Atomic Reactor

Ok I will add the battle bases, thanks for the feedback :)
Thanks for the comments guys.

@Rlayziken 2: Sure, I can add in the hoenn starters haha. You won't get them till later in the game though! And i hope you know there is a demo available already! But I would suggest waiting for the next one :)

Rayziken 2

Beginning ROM Hacker
Years
  • Seen Sep 9, 2016
Okay, that's cool. You know, I was going to call my third game (Basically, the Emerald of Coral/Magma) Pokemon Obsidian, but I guess that I can call it Overgrown. After all, I get the 3 starter elements covered then.

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
Snorlax used Spirit Bomb! ^_^ (That was constructive/pertinent, I swear.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back