• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Emerald hack: Pokémon CrystalDust [v3 PUBLIC ALPHA]

Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2018
I am sure Graveler evolves around Lv 40-45 in this hack while Haunter may evolve through Moon Stone in CrystalDust

No, I have to correct you. This is a hack man not an original ROM so all the Gen 3 pokes are available here who either evolve through Stones or through leveling up
i am sorry to mislead him. Thanks for your correction

nomi1993a

Nauman Nasir
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 13, 2013
how to get hm surf,rock smash and strength., iam currently on gyarados event how to pass it i neither have surf nor strength plz help

Years
  • Seen Mar 22, 2013
Is it possible for you to make the date/time customize-able? You see, I foolishly picked Sunday when MOM asked what day it was, and now it is always Sunday. This is inconvenient because I do not have access to the Bug Catching Contest, the Move Tutor, and all other events that don't happen on Sunday.

I know you are trying to make an exact replica of Crystal, but why not correct some the original game's faults? For example, Houndoom is only catchable in the Kanto region. I have no clue why they would have a JOHTO Pokemon exclusively in the KANTO region. I can't think of any others right now, but I'm sure you know of a few other faults.

P.S. Fantastic job on the music. I played SoulSilver and their music SUCKS compared to yours. Seriously, on the replayable scale, the music is 10 for 10.

Lugiaz Soul

I support Crystal Dust
Years
how to get hm surf,rock smash and strength., iam currently on gyarados event how to pass it i neither have surf nor strength plz help
get surf from the city with the burned building. there is a KIMONO house. talk to the guy inside of it. then use surf and surf to the bottom left corner of the map to the island and beat the gym leader and his wife will give u strength. man, my brain is dead.

Years
Is it possible for you to make the date/time customize-able? You see, I foolishly picked Sunday when MOM asked what day it was, and now it is always Sunday. This is inconvenient because I do not have access to the Bug Catching Contest, the Move Tutor, and all other events that don't happen on Sunday.

I know you are trying to make an exact replica of Crystal, but why not correct some the original game's faults? For example, Houndoom is only catchable in the Kanto region. I have no clue why they would have a JOHTO Pokemon exclusively in the KANTO region. I can't think of any others right now, but I'm sure you know of a few other faults.

P.S. Fantastic job on the music. I played SoulSilver and their music SUCKS compared to yours. Seriously, on the replayable scale, the music is 10 for 10.
Check your emulator's settings and see whether that Real Time Clock is enabled or not.

nomi1993a

Nauman Nasir
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 13, 2013
get surf from the city with the burned building. there is a KIMONO house. talk to the guy inside of it. then use surf and surf to the bottom left corner of the map to the island and beat the gym leader and his wife will give u strength. man, my brain is dead.

Hey dude thanx 4 the reply, 1 more thing i need to ask that where should i find, dratini,bagon, deino, larvitar and beldrum if u knw any of them plz let me knw thanx in advance
Currently iam in blackthorn city

Years
  • Seen Mar 22, 2013
Check your emulator's settings and see whether that Real Time Clock is enabled or not.

The RTC is enabled. The time changes but the day does not. I just think it would be extremely convenient for us, Pokefans, to be able to change the date/time to fit our individual needs.

It would definitely be a distinguishing feature for this crystal hack. More people would want to play this one over others such as Liquid Crystal.

Years
The RTC is enabled. The time changes but the day does not. I just think it would be extremely convenient for us, Pokefans, to be able to change the date/time to fit our individual needs.

It would definitely be a distinguishing feature for this crystal hack. More people would want to play this one over others such as Liquid Crystal.
Then simply un check it and then see the result after

nomi1993a

Nauman Nasir
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 13, 2013
hey i just finished pokemom league stuf, now what to do?
Am i, go to explore KANTO, or any thing else, w8ing 4 the reply thanx

Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2016
can anyone tell me when things like graveler and haunter evolve? tahnk you

Clamperl -> Gorebyss (not actually in the game yet): level up holding DeepSeaScale
Clamperl -> Huntail (not actually in the game yet): level up holding DeepSeaTooth
Graveler -> Golem: level 38
Haunter -> Gengar: level up with high happiness at night
Kadabra -> Alakazam: level up with high happiness in the day
Machoke -> Machamp: level 39
Onix -> Steelix: level up holding Metal Coat
Poliwhirl -> Politoed: level up holding King's Rock
Porygon -> Porygon2: level up holding Upgrade
Scyther -> Scizor: level up holding Metal Coat
Seadra -> Kingdra: level up holding Dragon Scale
Slowpoke -> Slowking: level up holding King's Rock

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2013
Anybody know where i can find a HootHoot? I've checked on Route 29 like in the original game, but I haven't found it. Just started playing it, great hack!

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
Let me start off this post by apologizing for dropping off the face of the earth for the past two months. When I started on today's update, I told myself that I would not post on PC until I was done with it. However, it took me much longer than anticipated. So, on to the replies!
Looks like you already posted the reply of my question. So i have nothing to say more except the game play which is way too cool. Reminds me quite a lot of the original story.
Thanks!
Awesome work with the Day/Night system actually being proper and real hardware finally working! Definitely what I've been waiting for to get back into playing again.
Awesome, can't wait to hear your thoughts on it!
where can i get evo stones like leaf for my weepinbell ?
You can't in this beta, sorry.
This game looks promising, with lit up windows at night, and the GB player. Question, what are you going to do about the 25 extra slots between celebi and treecko?
Does anything say I have to use them? I might use one for Mikachu for a Shining Opal crossover, but that would be all.
I'm actually playing this game, just have to beat the rockets in the radio tower at the moment.
I just wanted to say that i really like this remake version of crystal with the emerald rom. One thing that impressed me a lot, was the graphics: not a genius in this sector, but i don't know why, i like them so much, feels like playing the original game but with more life.
The story is much like the original game, and so i can't judge that. I just wanted to say that this hack is coming out pretty well and i'm really enjoying it. Have all my support for it, great job, soon i'll try even your other hack that i only started but haven't continued. Keep the wonderful work ;)
The graphics are what you like? Interesting.
Thanks for the support!
Yeah I have nearly finished the game by now and never found even a slightest bug and yeah I must say we should all salute Diego for that. (Even slightest more cooler than Liquid Crystal) ;)
Only "slightest" more cooler? XD
I was wondering, since Diego's last post was about codes and such... will there be a merchant that will sell every TM/consumable item there is VERY VERY late in the game for use in postgame? Just curious is all. Yet Another Fire Red Hack had one right before the E4, and it was a neat idea that worked well but this is GSC so it should be in faaaar later.
I don't know... That idea doesn't seem good.
Hey Diego did you made any progress with this hack?
Just being curious
Yeah, I certainly have, as shown by today's update. Unless you mean story wise.
Thanks for the answer and I m sure he is building it and that's just it is slow due to his busy life but he is doing it man as I have strong faith in him ;)
Well, it wasn't really due to the fact that I'm busy. It was glitches, problems that took me ages to solve, and then I guess life did have an impact on the delay, especially since I had driving classes which were every day after school until late at night for a while.
Wow i love playing pokemon emerald, This looks like a great modification, ill get feedback after the game!
Can't wait to hear the feedback!
I bought the Soul Silver version and I'm already in Kanto... still I prefer your version, I can remember my childhood (and there are no Hoenn and Sinnoh Pokémon ¬¬). c:
Haha, that's what CD is here for.
It's seems really good hack... but now there's other similatr hacks around like LC and SG...
:/
They may be similar, but they can't stand up to CD in terms of accuracy.
Believe me his work is entirely dedicated with original stuff where he showed more life taking the Gen 2 game on the upper notch
My point exactly.
Hello its been some time since my last post i tried the GB Player update and i love it like the items icon and dialogues when i turn it on and off xD.

Offtop

Saw ur Portal 2 video on youtube that was some funny **** lol

Found a bug with the GB Player if you turn it on or off very fast (with they SELECT key) when you enter a new area there will be no music at all.
This is fixed simply by entering another area
I'm glad you enjoy the GB Player! I'll get to work on fixing the bug soon.
Hello.
Firstly sorry for my bad english I from Poland... I using Google Translate in some words...
Very nice hack :) Great idea to remake gbc ver.
I have small bug:
- after passing EliteFour I was in Violet city instead New bark town

And is not possible to find Gastly in Crystal dust... In gbc version gastly appears in Routes 31, 32, and 36, Tin Tower, Sprout Tower in Night
Is to be able to add it to the game? Thx for read this ;)
The first bug has been fixed... I think. I can't recall if I actually fixed that and don't have time to check right now.
The second bug is because I don't have night Pokémon added in yet. They'll come in the future.
This is not finished yet, right? I don't play unfinished hacks but I shall wait for this because it seems cool.
That's really limiting your options for hacks. Most hacks aren't done and will never be because they were abandoned by their authors.
Hello, ehm.. i have a little problem..
After beat Lance in the Pkmn League, After the credits and when i loaded my savegame
I appeared in the Trade Room of the CP :/!
I used the "Walk Through Walls" code from Emerald, but Elm doesn't give me the S.S.Ticket :/
PD: Sorry my bad english, i speak spanish

Cya~
Reeeeealy hoping I fixed this.
Hey i was thinking if you can a make a repel system for emerald similar to the Port of the BW2 Repel system to GBA released by a guy in this forums for firered version

And you could add weather in Johto and Kanto too atleast in special towns or routes or extra places you may add in those 2 regions after GSC story
Like adding snow in the town with the ice gym or near the cave etc
Weather didnt exist in the original crystal but that was most likely due to limitations and it has nothing to do with the story so you could add it lol :P
I might add in some weather in Sevii, but the repel system still has bugs and it's not something I would want to take the time to port anyways. I mean, I've ported less important things in the past, but...
Also, just wondering, but did you get my Chuck overworld sprites? :) /kindapostingthisatadlate.
/kindareplyingtothisatadlate
Yes, I did get your sprites, and they're in the newest beta if you want to check them out in-game.
this hack is good and I play it on my phone and the tiles bring back some memories of Siver/Gold like with the headbutt trees but I'm only at Violet City so far
Thanks for supporting the hack!
So how far does this hack go
You can beat the Elite Four and Champion and watch the credits, and then you can't go any farther.
First off, I just wanna say I love your hack. But the way the time works just isn't the same as in Crystal. If you want it to be more accurate, I would recommend removing the dark tint you added for evening. It just looks like someone turned down the brightness setting. Doesn't look to good imo. Morning, day, and night all look amazing though. Just that evening.. oohh.
Also in gen II, night starts at 6:00 PM. You had it set so evening began at 5:00 which is a little early, I think. Night should start where you have it, it's perfectly fine. Just that evening seems kind of unnecessary.

I understand that you're probably busy at the time, but please just consider these changes. It would make the hack so much more like Crystal (better, too!) and maybe adding Phanpy on Route 46 and Hoothoot on Route 29? :D
To me, I felt as if the transition from day to night was a little abrupt, so I added in the afternoon colors. Before, it was pretty much really, really red before I made the colors how they are now. And I am not going to go through the effort of changing the color tint now, sorry.
first of all,i really love your hack about crystal version.Support u to keep go on~
i find some bugs which hope you can fix it
1: the phone card doesn't work, i can't register on it and never receive call
2: i can't fish any pokemon in olivine city wharf with any rod;it should have Chinchou,Tentacool and Tentacruel
Come on and keep going!
The first bug is an issue with the phone which I am hoping to sort out sometime when I get the chance. The second bug has been fixed in today's patch.
lets skip the shining opal and finish this first. we all want it!
Except me. I want to work on Shining Opal as much as I want to work on CrystalDust, maybe more because it's my original story and I get to have more fun with it.

In regards to your time issue, you may be using an old version of VBA. Try using the one from my site, in the Downloads section.
Long time no speak. The hack has come a long way since we last spoke!
Yeah, it has! Mind playing it again and giving me your feedback?
Hey dude thanx 4 the reply, 1 more thing i need to ask that where should i find, dratini,bagon, deino, larvitar and beldrum if u knw any of them plz let me knw thanx in advance
Currently iam in blackthorn city
If you need to know where a Pokémon is, look up where it is in Crystal. They have the same areas in CrystalDust.

Well, that's why I went through the trouble of making a settable clock and day of the week in the beginning of the game, whereas LC just spits out your computer time. If you update to the emulator on my site, the day of the week should work fine.
hey i just finished pokemom league stuf, now what to do?
Am i, go to explore KANTO, or any thing else, w8ing 4 the reply thanx
Sorry, that's when this beta ends.
Does Diego still read this forum?
In fact, yes I do. I've also been known to post updates occasionally and respond to posters when not working on an update.
Have some more faith in me! I'm not abandoning PC.
Idk if Diego reads this topic but i know that he visits PC...

Tho i would love to know whats going with this hack and Shining Opal there was not any updates or posts for a long time lol
In fact, I get email updates every time there's a post here. I've just been trying not to post here because I wanted to focus on the update.
Anybody know where i can find a HootHoot? I've checked on Route 29 like in the original game, but I haven't found it. Just started playing it, great hack!
Night and morning Pokémon haven't been added yet, sorry.

Well, that's what I get for abandoning this thread for two months.
Now, onto what I've been working on for that time.
I present to you...

The Perfectionist Update
In this update, I've done two big (to me) things:
1. Moved the clock setting sequence in the intro to be before Oak's introduction speech.
2. Made stairs have the stair climbing animation from FireRed.

I realize that this may seem like something small, but I assure you, it took quite some time to get it all working just the way I wanted it to. And personally, I think it improves the professionalism of the hack by a great deal. Download it from the site in the first post, as per usual.

Oh yeah, there's also a little something I wanted to bring to everyone's attention:
c5piqc5.png

When I saw this, I was stunned. To think that CrystalDust beat Liquid Crystal... It was a huge honor to even get into the top three, let alone get second place! Thanks, guys, for all your support. This award wouldn't be possible without your bug reports, your ideas, and most of all, the fact that you play the game. That's what keeps me going. You playing this. Without that, I think this wouldn't be half the hack it is today.

Once again guys, thank you from the bottom of my heart.

And now onto the more minor, but still awesome awards:
fhOiYsX.png
62M2mMs.png
2mrkY7X.png

Thanks again, and let's make sure we get first this year!

Years
I knew it you are there Diego and you came back really. Any apologies you made accepted at once (At least by me). Now congrats on being on the 2nd place. (Who won the first place coz I never checked). Now can you update Shining opal more now that you came back

Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2018
welcome back~!
no matter why u drop off, you finally back.
Your smooth character design is the biggest spotlight(for me)
its the time you should be the top one!

Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2014
So I think (if I understand correctly) that there was an update today.

I went to o15.com and downloaded the Beta 2 version. Is that the latest update, or is there a small patches section I missed?

Back