• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Saddest Pokemon Episode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
Years
Out of the entire series, which episode touched you the most?

Mine has to be one back in the early days of Kanto. Ash and his Pokemon were caught in some blizzard and Charmander was keeping everyone warm with its tail. Then they played that sad song and Ash and his Pokemon all cuddled up for the night.

Man, that almost brought me to tears... Almost.

Rebellious Treecko

The coolest.
Years
Three words:
Odd Pokemon Out.

I liked that episode a whole lot when I first heard of it.
When I finally got to see it, I actually cried a little/lot during the Meganium/Grovyle love scene and the scenes following.

"Cutting the Ties That Bind" holds a close place to my heart as well.

Last edited:

Dr.Stiles

Word to yer mama >__>
Years
ehhhh well my saddest one really wasnt an episode it was teh manaphy movie when manaphy has to leave may TT.TT xD

Taemin

[i][b]MOVE[/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2023
There have been multiple episodes that got to me, however 'Pikachu's Goodbye' was the original.
I don't know why, but everytime I watch it, I still end up like this: T_T

Movie-wise, it was in the first movie, when Ash was hit with Mew and Mewtwo's combo attack.. >>;
That literally always makes me cry.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
Years
There have been multiple episodes that got to me, however 'Pikachu's Goodbye' was the original.
I don't know why, but everytime I watch it, I still end up like this: T_T

Movie-wise, it was in the first movie, when Ash was hit with Mew and Mewtwo's combo attack.. >>;
That literally always makes me cry.

Movie-wise, the first one makes me sad no matter how many times I watch that one part. I think thats the only time in the entire series when Pokemon cry.

Lash

Years
I don't know the names of the episodes, but:

May/Max: Last day in Hoenn. Everyone has their Pokemon out, and the two are on the ship heading back to Hoenn. And when the boat went behind the rock, they were gone.. ;_;

I also too was sad with Odd Pokemon Out and the episode where Ash was stuck in the snow.

Grovyle42(Griff8416)

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2023
DEFINATELY Odd Pokemon Out personally... I think that was it.

Now it kind of holds a large personal connection too.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 10, 2011
Well, I think in the first movie the scene were Ash "died" was pretty sad. Also in the 8th movie the scene when Lucario saw Aaron die.

For me the saddest episode of the TV show so far is Gotta Catch You Later when Ash, Misty and Brock have to say goodbye. Also I think Bye Bye Butterfree, Charizard's Burning Ambition and Pokemon, I Choose You have some touching moments.

STEELIXMANIAC

Hatena de Wasshoi!
Years
"Odd Pokémon Out" was oddly enough, kinda plain to me. XD;;

For me, it has got to be "A Poached Ego!"

I actually cried twice seeing it before (I recorded it), but nowadays when I see it, I don't do that anymore (I have the VCD for it).

Commander_Latios

The man of Eternal Boredom...
Years
for me, the saddest episode was pikachu's goodbye. it just always mad me so sad to see it.

movie-wise, i used to say the first movie. Until I discovered my sadistic side. now I laugh my butt off and say "quick! Grab ash and we can use him as a nice statue for our garden." Now i'd say it's a tie between movie 5 (poor latios. Why did he have to die? *sniffle*) and movie 8 (Because lucario Died). I can't really say movie 10 because darkrai came back. And defnitely not movie nine, i was glad when it ended.

Years
"Poached Ego" got to me. Seeing Arbok and Weezing ride off into the sunset like that, even more depressing when you consider the Japanese producers could have done more (montage, for example, or insert song). The English version did a good job, barring the horrible voice acting.

I'll probably feel the same with a future episode involving Gardenia.

SilencedShooter

Revenga
Years
The whole Lucario/Aaron situation in movie 8 was pretty sad in my opinion. It made me pretty sad when Lucario actually figured out exactly what happened.

Bye Bye Butterfree was really sad as well. That was the first pokemon Ash caught. It had to be hard for him. And Odd pokemon out. I felt for Grovyle. Haven't we all been in a situation like that?

txteclipse

The Last
Years
People keep tossing up threads asking what the saddest anime/movie they've seen is, but the thing that hit me the hardest was when Pikachu leaves in "Hey you, Pikachu!" (that N64 game, yes). You play through the entire game with him, and then he goes off with his herd or whatever. Then your character is walking home, and you keep seeing mirages of pikachu, like you expect him to be around the next corner.

I don't know, but that just made me sad.

Anyways, next on the list would be Pokemon Heroes. I haven't actually seen the movie, but I've read the synopsis and seen an AMV using scenes from it, which were both rather sad.

Hydross

wrOOOm
Years
  • Seen Sep 13, 2010
Spoiler:

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
Years
For me the saddest episode of the TV show so far is Gotta Catch You Later when Ash, Misty and Brock have to say goodbye.
I agree. I haven't even watched that episode yet. I just can't bring myself to do it. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back