• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Delete ONE Unova Pokemon from existence

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
If I say Stunfisk, how would you react? xD

Nah, I'm kidding. You can't get rid of this guy. Can you?

stunfisk.jpg

ACTUALLY, I want to get rid of Basculin because it appears a lot more often than Audinos, Magikarps, Zubats, Tentacools and Geodudes. It needs to go.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I would delete Emolga. Despite that it has good Electric/Flying typing and its cute looks, it is terribly annoying and has lackluster stats. Certainly not a choice for my team and will not be missed if it were to go. *shakes head*

Years
If had to delete one single Pokemon from existence out of Unova, it would be Alomomola. Some of my reasons would be:

- It's not a part of an evolutionary line, so nothing would get messed up (even though pairing it up with Luvdisc would have made sense).
- Other than HP, Alomomola's stats aren't really impressive, and just middle of the pack really
- It's pure Water-type, which is hardly unique
- It has a pretty generic moveset compared to similar Pokemon

It really seems like it's just in the games as a filler, because there weren't enough fish-like Pokemon in Unova. Even then, nothing really stands out as unique or special with it, so I'd have no problem if it didn't exist.

Pinta77

This question is so easy for me. KLINK!!!!!
599_Klink.png

It's incredibly out of place and ugly. I'm also hoping that since I can only pick one, that I'll consequently take out the whole klink line.

Gym Leader Whitney

Normal Type Gym Leader
Years
I'll have to say stunfisk, the unique typing is the only good thing about it, but a pokemon with that typing could have been way better.

I would try to re-invent Stunfisk, but since this is for me to delete I would delete Stunfisk.

and as a close 2nd place comes Terrakion, we already have a "Bull Pokémon" and that was Tauros, Terrakion looks weird to me and I guess I never really liked it (also when I saw the title of the thread, the first pokemon to appear on my head was Terrakion).

Gym Leader Whitney~

Years
cant choose between

this
trash1.jpg

And this
trash2.jpg

They are basicly trash....

EDIT: By seeing those 2 together I'd say delete Gabrodor, Trubbish is kinda cute Garbage, Garbodor is just ugly and is trash. But still this is the line that needs to be deleted from Pokemon they are trash

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
EMOLGA. Trying to Audino train? Emolga. Way more often than is statistically probable.

THIS!!!...*ahem* Naw jk Emolga is fine despite how annoying it is.

But in all seriousness, even tho I like almost all pokemon, i'm against the ones that seemed to "originate" from human appliances or technology, thus(even in the physics defying world of pokemon) is logically impossible for it to occur and just doesnt seem natural....unless the pokemon came first and humans created inventions inspired from pokemon.

Well anyway, i'm just going to assume the former and say klink. Akin to magnemite, trubish, etc. Like people invent a gear and unless arcues was feeling uninspired, it makes no sense for there to be a pokemon that spontaniously generated, and look exactly like a gear.

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
Trubbish and Garbodor... Why do they even exist?

Exactly what Cinnabar said. Just... why? unu

Trubbish & Garbodor: I mean, they are just bunches of trash... what in this world?
Woobat & Swoobat: It's not that I have something against bats, but we already have Zubat (oh! it sounds almost like Swoobat ¬¬), Golbat, and Crobat, Gligar and Gliscor (bat-like because they are flying scorpions)... I mean, so many bats that I would need to call Ozzy Osbourne to get rid of them.

This question is so easy for me. KLINK!!!!!
599_Klink.png

It's incredibly out of place and ugly. I'm also hoping that since I can only pick one, that I'll consequently take out the whole klink line.

What they said. Exactly what they said.

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
Years
I actually really like the Trubish line (the idea behind them anyway). Yes, they are trash, Living trash. Lot's of Pokémon are based on a simplistic idea: Some pokemon, you could say are JUST MUSHROOMS, or JUST FISH. Frankly, America has a lot of trash in it. It would seem odd to me if they DIDN'T include a Pokémon that makes such a point.

I didn't like the ice creams. I can only pick one, and forget their names, but really, the way I see it, it wouldn't matter which one I'd pick: If their was only 2 of them, I think I'd be ok with it. 3 is just overkill, for a Pokémon based on ice cream. So, I guess my choice would be Vanillish

I also, for the same reason as above, don't like the 3 monkeys (6 monkeys..). I just thought they over did the idea. Obviously though, I can only choose 1, so it doesn't work for this situation, but if I could I think if I could get rid of just the fire line, and the water (As in 4 pokemon in total), leaving the grass, they would seem less tacked on. Mind you because I can only choose one, this paragraph is irrelevant.

Last edited:
Years
Zoroark, because, like Lucario, I despise this thing.
I love all the Unova Pokemon, even ones that others seem to hate, including Vanilluxe and Garbador.

Rain Dancer

Wanderer
Years
Sandile's 3rd evolution.

His design is kinda horrible with a hint of lame.. Maybe so that in 6th gen it could get another chance at the drawing board.

Sandile looked promising until it grew.. : S

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
I actually really like the Trubish line (the idea behind them anyway). Yes, they are trash, Living trash. Lot's of Pokémon are based on a simplistic idea: Some pokemon, you could say are JUST MUSHROOMS, or JUST FISH. Frankly, America has a lot of trash in it. It would seem odd to me if they DIDN'T include a Pokémon that makes such a point.

I actually dont mind a trash pokemon. Its how they implemented the design that makes the trubbish line very unapealing to me. This is coming from a poison type fan. I'd be much more happy if they based its design off of something like oscar from seseame street or something....Garbodor is just plain disturbing for me to look at however I am sad to say.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
I would have said Kyurem until they unveiled it's other Formes. Now, I guess I'll get rid Seismitoad from existence.
537.png

It's plain ugly & it gives me the creeps. I got a nightmare about it once, ugh.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Sandile's 3rd evolution.

His design is kinda horrible with a hint of lame.. Maybe so that in 6th gen it could get another chance at the drawing board.

Sandile looked promising until it grew.. : S

This kind of disappoints me cause I love Krookodile . :/ I think it looks cools and with it's ability, Moxie, it's a Attack becomes very powerful and it becomes a powerhouse. And it's one of my favorite Ground-types.

But that's your opinion so.

I would say Cryogonal. I know it's suppose to be a Snowflake , but it just looks weird. It's not too bad Speed and Spe. Defense wise, but it lacks in other stats and I can't stand looking at it. Maybe if it had a better design I'd probably like it.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
All of them. Seriously they're all awful. Fine, if I HAVE to pick one, Maractus is the silliest looking thing I've ever seen. It's bad and it should feel bad.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
I was going to say Audino, but I forgot that Audino's give out a lot of experience points and to equip your Pokemon with a Lucky Egg is even better. If I had to pick one (which I can't to be perfectly honest) I would have to get rid of the element monkey's which are Pansage, Panpour and Pansear. I can't stand them, I mean they are ugly and weak in my opinion and the Pokemon company could have came up with six better Pokemon.

:t354:TG

Serperion

The Fallen King
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 10, 2014
1 hmm... hmmm....
wait found it
Basculin - evil little fish thing its like tentacool except more common I wanted to get a Frillish but every time its "A wild Basculin appeared!" I don't want a wild Basculin I want a Frillish! or a Palpitoad! or whatever pokemon you may find while surfing. I actually enjoyed replaying Platinum and finding Tentacools because I knew there was a 0% chance of a Basculin appearing

Back