• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Nuzlocke Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Okay, I've got up to past the 7th gym since my last update, and I really don't feel like doing a full rundown of everything I caught, so I'll just do the simple stuff.

Current Team:
2EAp2Ht.png

Dead:
→ Nica the Linoone, Level 41. Took down 3 of Tate and Liza's Pokemon with the physical Shadow Ball.

Box:
cJstu9m.png

Years
Update 2

*So I've done a lot of stuff since last time, so ill just stick to the most important things

• After training to level 25, went to fight Wattson - Derk the Combusken died from a crit :(
  • Caught some new team members, Wolf the lotad and Nica the numel
  • I think Wolf died on a crit from Maxie
  • Caught Kaori the Spoink, trained her up to a Grumpig
  • Went to fight Flannery, her Camerupt burned Olli the Swellow to a crisp with Overheat
  • Caught Jelli the Trapinch
  • Went to fight Norman - no casualties, surprisingly
  • Got exp share and put it on Jelli
  • Sophie died from a crit by a Goldeen I was trying to catch in Petalburg T_T
  • Caught a Wingull on route 105, named her Lapras
  • Did New Mauville sidequest
  • Am now waiting outside Fortree Gym, about to take it on!
Team, Boxed, and Dead:
Spoiler:

Years
So after the previous failure, I decided I'd give a shot at Blaze Black since I never even played the original V gen games!
Username: Griever7x
Game: Blaze Black
Rules: 5 heals per Pokecenter, 5 items per Pokemart

Years
Right so..

I went to load up my game... and instead of clicking load saved game I clicked save game... and promptly overwrote my save. So I lost everything.

And I was getting close to finishing, I was about to take on the Magma base. Although my emulator had decided to glitch and make me learn snore over shockwave on my grumpig, so maybe there was something corrupt about the file anyway :[

But I guess I'll resign up now...

Username: GolurkIsDaBomb
Game: Emerald

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
Might as well update a bit, though I'm not doing much lately but grinding. I got spoiled by gen VI's experience and Audinos and forgot how long it takes to seriously grind.

But, since the last update, went through Flannery's gym pretty easily - Hazel did almost all the work, though I switched Sylvia and Lemmy in a couple of times, just so they could get a share of the experience. Then I went back down the hill, caught up on the Trick House, and ground a bit. Did most of Norman's gym - every room but the One Hit KO room, which I'm just not going to risk on a Nuzlocke. But I haven't dared face Norman yet - I remember how tough he is. I decided to spend the time grinding everyone up to at least level 32 first. I don't know exactly what his pokemon are at, but that seems pretty good. I got Hazel and Clyde there first, since they're the most important in that gym, and I'm currently working on Sylvia. And that's pretty much it.

Current:
Hazel the Marshtomp lvl 32
Clyde the Breloom lvl 32
Sylvia the Linoone lvl 30
Irv the Dustox lvl 27
John the Nincada lvl 26
Lemmy the Loudred lvl 29

Released:
Brenda the Mightyena
Vanessa the Kirlia

tente2

"Outta my way, dammit!"
Years
Username: tente2
Game: Emerald (with wild Pokemon randomizer)

I will be starting a Nuzlocke on Emerald. I will also be using a wild Pokemon randomizer, to make the experience more interesting.

The rules I will be playing with:
-Fainted Pokemon are banished to PC
-You can catch only the first Pokemon that appears in an area, if you fail, then too bad

Maybe I'll add some others on later on.

Also, I had to restart the game like 12 times because of various stupid things, and I'm at the point that I'm so frustrated, that until I catch my next Pokemon, I am not going to restart my game as a game over if my starter faints to another stupid wild Pokemon, before I can even get Pokeballs. In other words, I'm just going to pretend my starter is immune to death until I can get another Pokemon (and until I get a Pokemon, I can try to catch a Pokemon within any area as often as I like). I'll dump my starter in the death box after I get another Pokemon.

Last edited:

Sirfetch’d

Ok so my Nuzlocke :( unfortunately my game got erased and I was unable to recover it. I might try this again some time it was fun. I got 7 badges and was doing well, but I am out. :(

Years
First Update on my Blaze Black Nuzlocke!
I pick the female avatar and choose Snivy as my starter.
After all the usual introductions at the start, I go to route 1, and find my first pokemon, a lv.4 male Pidgey! I catch it and name it Garuda.
After leveling it up a bit, I reach Accumula Town, where a strange guy named N battles me. It was tough, but my lil Garuda managed to survive his 4 pokemons with a couple of potions, and is now lv. 12!
On route 2, the first thing I do of course is running in the grass to find my second pokemon, I hope this time it's one of the 5th gen pokemons, and not a stupid zigzagoon or something... Aaand ta-da! A female Purrloin! I catch it and clear all the trainers in the area; I read the leaders in this edition are super tough, so I'll need all the experience I can.
Upon reaching Striaton City, I battle one of my rivals in the school, and am toldby the gym leader that I'll need 3 pokemons. Following his advice, I get gifted a Panpour by a nice lady in the Dreamyard. I am not very confident I'll manage to beat the leader with this team, however I don't even know which type he'll be going to use, so hopes are still up.
My team: Felid the lv.14 Purrloin, Garuda the lv.15 Pidgey and a lv.10 Panpour.

ChocolateCrunch

Not an old man. x]
Years
Username: ChocolateCrunch
Game: Pokémon Emerald

Update 2

• Grinded both Pokémon up to Level 8, nearly killing ELF 4 times.
    Battled some trainers, got REX up a few levels.
    Continued on to Route 104 (I think?) and encountered a Level 4 Wingull, caught it and named it DASH. Then grinded EXP until it was Level 8.
    Battled some more trainers on the route and leveled up ELF once.
    Entered the Petalburg Woods and encountered a Level 5 Wurmple, caught it and named it Servine.

Hopefully next time I can get to the first Gym ... .-.

Still no screenshots ... I have a Level 10 Torchic, Level 9 Poochyena, Level 8 Wingull and a Level 5 Wurmple.

Years
I failed miserably against the first gym leader.
6 pokemon against 3... and if 2 out of 3 of your pokemon get burned in the process while only having physical attacks... well that's kinda the end.

jammi567

• Began challange - picked Turtwig due to Trainer ID ending in '3', and nicknamed him Seed.
  • Beat Barry's Chimchar with little to no trouble
  • Sat through boring dialogue and tutorials and finally caught my first Pokemon - a Starly called Beak on Route 202
  • Went back to Route 201 and caught a Bidoof called Gnaw
  • Fought trainers and reached Jubilife City - trained until they all reached level 9
  • Met Looker, Barry and the three Clowns, and then went onto Route 204 - caught myself a Budew called Budder
  • Went onto Ravaged Path and caught myself a Psyduck called Platt - have never used one before, so should be interesting
  • Trained both Platt and Budder up to level 9, then put Budder in the PC

My team thus far:

Spr_4p_387.png
Seed the Turtwig (Nature - Lonely (Increased Attack, Decreased Defense))

Spr_4p_396_m.png
Beak the Starly (Nature - Gentle (Increased Special Defense, Decreased Defense))

Spr_4p_399_f.png
Gnaw the Bidoof (Nature - Adamant (Increased Attack, Decreased Special Attack))

Spr_4p_054.png
Platt the Psyduck (Nature - Timid (Increased Speed, Decreased Attack))

Boxed Pokemon:

Spr_4p_406.png
Budder the Budew (Nature - Relaxed (Increased Defense, Decreased Speed))

Deaths:

None

Years
  • Seen Oct 13, 2014
If you are mid-challenge, just post the sign up form again, and
update from where you are at.
I guess I'll post my form again, you must've forgotten to add me to the list...
Mudinjakarp
Colosseum
Travel Journal:
Spoiler:

My Team:
The fallen:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
Finally making progress on my Sapphire run again, after days of grinding to prepare for Norman. Finished grinding everyone up to level 32 earlier today, then went in. I'd already beaten the rest of the trainers, so I just went straight to Norman and dove in. And we made it through fairly easy, all in all, though I lost Irv the Dustox to a crit Facade along the way.

Then went next door and got the Surf TM from Wally's dad and went to the Pokemon Center, where I released Irv and pulled out the next one in the order - Daisy Mae the Magikarp. Taught Surf to Hazel the Marshtomp, slapped the Exp Share on Daisy Mae, then we made our way back home. Stopped in and said hi to mom and got an Amulet Coin, then worked our way back up to Petalburg. Surfed a couple of little ponds to get items but didn't encounter anything. Then set out from the beach with Lemmy the Loudred in the lead (who has Shock Wave from the TM). Encountered a Tentacool, but fainted it, then made our way out through the trainers and along the routes to Dewford, where we healed, then on to the Abandoned Ship. Fought all the trainers and got all the items in the first part there, then back out and finished up the swimmers on the rest of the route and finally limped into Slateport, with a full bag and low PP. And Daisy Mae evolved into a Gyarados along the way. Healed at the PC, then went up to the Trick House, where we're currently saved outside the door.

Current team:

Hazel the Marshtomp lvl 33
Clyde the Breloom lvl 33
John the Ninjask lvl 32
Sylvia the Linoone lvl 32
Lemmy the Loudred lvl 34
Daisy Mae the Gyarados lvl 23

Released:

Brenda the Mightyena
Vanessa the Kirlia
Irv the Dustox

*edit for an update*

Went through the Trick House and got a Smoke Ball. Put it in the PC with all the rest of the extra stuff. Then went up to Mauville and talked to Wattson and got the key to New Mauville, then back down and Surfed out to the entrance. Blew through New Mauville with Hazel Mud Shotting everything that came up (and caught a Voltorb and named it Frank), then back to Mauville, where we talked to Wattson again and got the Thunderbolt TM. Then it was off to the water east of Mauville, where we Surfed across (and fainted a Carvanha trying to knock it down low enough to catch it). Fought the trainers and Gabby and Ty (one of my favorite parts of RSE), then worked our way up Routes 118 and 119. I taught Daisy Mae Strength, so she had something physical with at least some decent power, and kept her in the lead most of the way. By the time we made it to the Weather Institute, she was handling pretty much anything that came her way, even without a STAB attack (which, after all, is what pre-gen IV Gyarados do). Went through the Weather Institute fairly uneventfully, though Shelly's Mightyena did provide a bit more challenge than I would've expected, but it ended up going down to a Clyde Mach Punch. Then we got the Castform, and it's automatically named Castform, which I'd never realized before. Then it was on to Fortree City - my favorite city not only in Hoenn, but in all of the Pokemon universe.

Went through town, talked to everyone, found the invisible thing we couldn't go past on the path to the gym, then swung out and down Route 120, where we caught an Oddish and named him Paul. Talked to Steven, got the Devon Scope and battled the Kecleon. Then, after grinding a bit on Route 120 to get Hazel up to level 36 and evolved to a Swampert, it was back to Fortree to chase away that Kecleon, and on to Winona's gym. Decided before going in to give Hazel Rock Tomb, which turned out to be a very good thing. We plowed through the underlings with Daisy Mae doing almost all the work, and Lemmy coming in on the Pelippers to Shock Wave them. Got to Winona with no trouble at all. Daisy Mae took down her Swellow with two Strengths, then I switched in Lemmy on the Pelipper, who one-shotted it with a Shock Wave. I left him in for the Skarmory, which he took down in two, taking only a single Steel Wing along the way. Then came the Altaria. I tried a Shock Wave on it on the first turn, just to check, and sure enough, it did minimal damage, while the Altaria countered with an Aerial Ace that took just a bit less than half off of Lemmy. Time to get him out of there. So I switched in Daisy Mae and she hit the Altaria with a Strength and took off a bit less than half of its points while it Dragon Danced. Hit it with a second one, hoping for a crit, but only took off a bit less than half again, which knocked it down into the red but not out, while it Dragon Danced again. Next turn, Winona healed it while Daisy Mae hit with another Strength and knocked it back down to just over half. Set up yet another Strength for the next turn, and the Altaria opened with an Aerial Ace, with a crit, that one-shotted Daisy Mae. I wouldn't have even thought that was possible from full HP, even with a crit and two DDs, but... So I switched in Hazel and hung on. Opened with Rock Tomb, which only took a bit over a quarter of the Altaria's HP, but did get the slow effect, though it still outsped her on the next turn. I gambled and had Hazel use Secret Power, and got the Paralysis effect out of it, and that's what shifted the tide of the battle. From then on, Hazel outsped the Altaria, so it was just a matter of outlasting it (of having more potions than Winona had) and avoiding another crit. And we did both, and finally won.

Went back to the PC and released Daisy Mae and collected the next in the order - Nan the level 7 Zubat. Put the Exp Share on her and went out onto Route 120, where Clyde knocked out Linoones and Zigzagoons and the occasional Absol until Nan got up to level 16 and got Bite, and now we're saved on the west side of Fortree, ready to make our way back down and across to Mauville and Route 117, so I can put a Soothe Bell on Nan and level grind her up to Golbat and Crobat.

Current team:

Hazel the Swampert lvl 37
Clyde the Breloom lvl 35
John the Ninjask lvl 34
Lemmy the Loudred lvl 37
Sylvia the Linoone lvl 35
Nan the Zubat lvl 16

Released:

Brenda the Mightyena
Vanessa the Kirlia
Irv the Dustox
Daisy Mae the Gyarados

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2016
Hello everyone, I started a Dark Rising Nuzlocke about a week ago, and before that I did a Dice Nuzlocke on Sapphire, the links to both runs are in my signature. I hope you check em out and enjoy.

jammi567

• Fought Barry, and 4HKO his Pokemon with Platt using Water Gun constantly
  • Beat up the Trainers on Route 203, and managed to catch myself a Shinx, which I nicknamed 'Sparkie'
  • Went through Oreburgh Gate without encountering anything and reached Orebough City
  • Healed up, went up to the patch of grass on Route 207, and caught a Machop, who I nicknamed 'Muscles'
  • Went to the Orebough Mines, and encountered an Onix. Unfortunately, I accidentally ran away from it, meaning that I wasn't able to catch anything else
  • Fought the trainers and wild Pokemon with Platt, and got her up to level 12
  • Afterwards, I healed and went to the Gym, feeling apprehensive due to the Cranidos I knew he had. However, Platt was a trooper, and managed to level up to level 14 in the process.
  • Healed again, and explored Orebough Gate with the Rock Smash that I'd taught to Gnaw. Managed to catch myself a Zubat, who I nicknamed 'Hell'
  • Went back to Route 203, where I trained up the rest of my current team to level 14. At level 14, Beak managed to evolve into a Staravia!
  • Once I was ready, headed North, and took care of the Team Galatic Grunts who were bothering Professor Rowan, with minimal help from Dawn
  • Continued North onto Route 204, made my way through the Ravaged Path, and made it to Floroma Town. Along the way, Sparkie managed to evolve into a Luxio!

My team thus far:

Spr_4p_387.png
Seed the Turtwig (Nature - Lonely (Increased Attack, Decreased Defense))

Spr_4p_397_m.png
Beak the Staravia (Nature - Gentle (Increased Special Defense, Decreased Defense))

Spr_4p_399_f.png
Gnaw the Bidoof (Nature - Adamant (Increased Attack, Decreased Special Attack))

Spr_4p_054.png
Platt the Psyduck (Nature - Timid (Increased Speed, Decreased Attack))

Spr_4p_066.png
Muscles the Machop (Nature - Brave (Increased Attack, Decreased Speed))

Spr_4p_404_m.png
Sparkie the Luxio (Nature - Jolly (Increased Speed, Decreased Special Attack))

Boxed Pokemon:

Spr_4p_406.png
Budder the Budew (Nature - Relaxed (Increased Defense, Decreased Speed))

Spr_4p_041_m.png
Hell the Zubat (Nature - Bashful (Neutral)

Deaths:

None

StinkomanFan

The Thing with Questionable Taste
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 3, 2015
I tried a Nuzlocke in the original Pokemon Red.
Gary wiped the floor with my Bulbasaur, R.E.O. the moment I fought him. Just growl after growl after growl! Needless to say I quit the moment poor R.E.O. died.

Tackle

Pancham
Years
I would like to try this again. =3

Username: Tackle
Game: Emerald

Optional Rules:
♥ Nickname all Pokémon.
♥ Only use Pokéballs.
♥ Kill Legendaries.

#1 Emerald Update

♥ I'm a boy named George.
♥ Chose Treecko and save Prof. Birch.
♥ Nicknamed Treecko "Midnight".
♥ Trained Midnight to level 7.
♥ Killed May and Midnight grew to level 8.
♥ Got a Pokédex.
♥ Accidentally killed Poochyena, I'm too strong. (Route 101)
♥ Accidentally killed Wingull, this is why I hate critical hits. (Route 103)
♥ Caught a Zigzagoon and nicknamed it "Nichole". (Route 102)
♥ Killed Calvin and Midnight grew to level 9.
♥ Trained Midnight and Nichole to level 10.
♥ Killed Rick, Allen and Tiana and Nichole grew to level 11.
♥ Killed Billy, Darian, Cindy.
♥ Accidentally killed Poochyena, I'm too strong. (Route 104)
♥ Caught a Zigzagoon and nicknamed it "Kirito". (Petalburg Woods)

Current Team
Lv11 Treecko (Midnight)
Lv11 Zigzagoon (Nichole)
Lv5 Wurmple (Kirito)

Last edited:
Years
Okay, this time I will do it I swear.
Nickname: Griever7x
Game: Storm Silver ( SS hack with increased difficulty )
Rules: 3 heals per place, 10 items per shop, must use nicknames, must not catch legendaries or use event pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back