• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Gift Pokemon!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
So in most games we've had gift Pokemon - free, harder to find Pokemon, given to use by NPCs or often important characters in the games. Would you like to see gift Pokemon appear a lot in these games? Or maybe keep it to things like back in Johto when you were given a "gift" to deliver mail? Instead of a brand new Pokemon maybe just something with experience so it feels more like a gift instead of just being given something for free to the first person they find? Do you think if gift Pokemon were easy to find Pokemon it would make the idea of them being gifts as something less appealing?

Share yo thoughts!

Last edited:

WishCookie

ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!
Years
So in most games we've had gift Pokemon - free, harder to find Pokemon, given to use by NPCs or often important characters in the games. Would you like to see gift Pokemon appear a lot in these games? Or maybe keep it to things like back in Johto when you were given a "gift" to deliver mail? Instead of a brand new Pokemon maybe just something wit experience so it feels more like a gift instead of just being given something for free to the first person they find? Do you think if gift Pokemon were easy to find Pokemon it would make the idea of them being gifts as something less appealing?

Share yo thoughts!

I would like to see an Eevee being gifted just like in LeafGreen/Firered but yea, I wouldn't maybe want to see that many gift pokemon because I like to work hard for pokemon thats hard to get.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
What I do think... is that gift Pokémon could only be given out by a few NPCs (Non-Playable Characters) and every Pokémon that is given out by an NPC would be a Pokémon that you cannot find anywhere in the wild at all, which is how it should be in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y.

And that first Pokémon that comes into mind for being a gift given by an NPC would be an Eevee, but how about if it was given to you as an Egg instead? That would make things more interesting, then you can decide the path in which you'd like your Eevee to evolve into.

OrangeNess

Layton Lover
Years
What I would like to see: Magikarp Guy (Cause I'm too lazy to catch one myself), and one starter from any region of your choice after a sidequest
What we'll get: A Pokemon with it's hidden ability, a pokemon that you have to do some spelunking to find, and a rock-type fossil pokemon.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I'll perfer to get a egg like in GSCPtHgSsB2W2 as a gift rather than a already hatched Pokémon. There's more of a surprise in that ^_^. Oh and I imagine it'll be like Togepi and Riolu, the only one we can get without breeding.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I don't want another Magikarp guy! I want the derp of 6th gen guy. ;)

Or maybe we can be given something rare like a Pokemon with a special out of battle effect (actually yeah, gift Pokemon with special abilities would be awesome if they're found regularily!)

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I think with the new Eeveelution being revealed that there's probably going to be a gift Eevee somewhere in the region. I agree that the random egg that was given in GSC was an awesome concept and I'd love to see that come back again!

Back