• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

★ Team 'Jask! ★

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years

★ Team 'Jask! ★

151.gif
560.gif
485.gif
130.gif
598.gif
121.gif

151.gif
@ Lum Berry
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 252 Hp / 188 Def / 68 Spe
Bold Nature (+Def; -Atk)
- Rock Polish
- Baton Pass
- Taunt
- Swords Dance

Reading a few comments I've chosen Mew over Ninjask, It's a lot more bulkier and can at least fight back of a base 100 SpA although it shouldn't really fight back... Taunt over shock now.

560.gif
@ Leftovers
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 4 Hp / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature (+Spe; -SpA)
- Dragon Dance
- Drain Punch
- Crunch
- Ice Punch

Replacing Metagross is Scrafty! <: He can hit harder after a passed boost from Mew, or he can make himself stronger with Dragon Dance, either way this can rip a team apart. Ice Punch over Taunt so I can have more coverage.

485.gif
@ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Lava Plume
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock

I wanted a special sweeper and someone who could compliment the above two, good ol' 'tran can help me here. I choose Lava Plume over Fire Blast for it's better accuracy and higher burn rate. Hidden Power Ice is for Dragons, Flying and Ground types. Stealth rock replaced Dark Pulse since I need someone to lay them down. Air Balloon grants temporary ground immunity.

130.gif
@ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 156 HP / 72 Atk / 96 Def / 184 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Taunt
- Bounce

This is the king of the team, I've swept so many teams with him! 8) Standard DD Bulky set. He grants full immunity to Ground types, can take a fire attack but leaves another Electric weakness for me to deal with.

598.gif
@ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 Hp / 48 Def / 208 SpD
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Spikes

Ferrothorn is a beastly wall, we all know that. Layer 3 spikes, Leech Seed damage and Iron Barbs damage can really wrack up the damage on an opponent, without the Gyro Ball/Power Whip STAB move. Standard set really, draws in fire attacks for Heatran.

121.gif
@ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 Hp / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid (+Spe, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Surf
- Rapid Spin
- Recover

I haven't lost my spinner in Forry since Starmie came along. <: Having decent offensive stats pays off as well, she's replaced Rotom's Electric/Water coverage and Forry's Spinning job, she can also use Recover to heal of un-wanted damage. Natural cure means I can just say "lol" and switch out to Blissey's toxic. idk why Blissey came to mind.

Last edited:

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
Years
The first thing that sticks out most to me is the fact that you have no answer to Reuniclus. Absolutely nothing on your team provides a reliable method beating either of the variants. You can taunt the CM version with Gyarados I guess, but that seems like your only answer (followed up by some DDs and a Waterfall or something). TR Reuniclus really causes you problems though. :P Your slowest pokemon, Forretress, can't do anything to touch Reuniclus. I would suggest something to cover that weakness, but not many things can. The best counters are Scizor and CBTar (and lol at CBTar because he's pretty useless as he's walled to death by Skarmory).

So uh...another thing. Forretress is basically useless this generation is just sweeper setup bait. I'm not sure how much this would throw the synergy off, but Starmie + Ferrothorn could be beneficial. Ferro beats rain like Rotom-W seemed to be there for, and Starmie offers spinning and can take the T-bolt / Hydro Pump combo you wanted. He can also provide a useful Conkeldurr counter if necessary.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
To add onto what Aero said;

This team also cannot handle stall at all. Any defensive combo with a ghost absolutely crushes this. Metagross is also dead weight. SR can easily be put on Heatran over a filler move like Dark Pulse so i don't get what even Metagross does. It can easily be replaced for something with oomph to help with the stall issue.

Also agreeing with Aero that Forry is dead weight. You don't even need a spinner, 4 of your Pokes are immune to Spikes with 2 SR weaks and one of them can easily be replaced. Once again, this slot can be put to remedying the stall issue.

Lastly, Mew/Gliscor/<insert SmashPasser> are so much better than Ninjask. Ninjask is pretty much <priority, SR, PHazer, Sand> weak lol. At least the aforementioned passers can do something when something with a PHazing move shows up instead of being dead weight

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
If Thundurus gets up a Nasty Plot you're kinda screwed forwards and backwards, lol. Actually honestly anything that resists like Bullet Punch and can set up (or even in the case of stuff like DD Dragonite/Salamence, just set up) kinda run through you. DD Kingdra (particularly the ChestoRest variant which lets it set up all over Rotom-W etc) runs through everything, etc. You need some kind of reliable check to speed because once something is faster than uhm well Gyarados then it's going to outspeed the rest of your team. Ninjask just isn't that reliable, and you can't be confident knowing that you're working your whole team around an unreliable Pokemon.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Taking into account comments and junk received, I've decided to replace Ninjask, Metagross, Rotom and Forretress with Mew, Scrafty, Starmie and Ferrothorn respectively. It's working better than the last team that's for sure, although I feel asif something is lacking...

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
Taunt is better than Psyshock on Mew, what is going to be able to Taunt you after a Rock Polish ? Answer: nothing.

Its also one of its selling points over Nubjask to be non utter PHazer bait lol.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Taunt is better than Psyshock on Mew, what is going to be able to Taunt you after a Rock Polish ? Answer: nothing.

Its also one of its selling points over Nubjask to be non utter PHazer bait lol.

Prankster. ;x

Also yes run Taunt otherwise you're going to lose to things that come in to Roar/Whirlwind you out ie Skarmory, Hippowdon, etc. Plus if you're going to use it as a lead you can Taunt SR/Spikes.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
Prankster. ;x

Also yes run Taunt otherwise you're going to lose to things that come in to Roar/Whirlwind you out ie Skarmory, Hippowdon, etc. Plus if you're going to use it as a lead you can Taunt SR/Spikes.

Or you can always run Magic Coat to troll prankster users aswell as PHazers lol

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I'm running a Scrafty with the exact same set. I totally love it and I'm sure you will to.

I just want to recommend the Lum Berry on Scrafty if you're using Moxie over Shed Skin.

That's it.
Good luck!

Back