• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gen 5 Team RMT [Coming back to Competitive Battling]

Apple Juice

who are you
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 15, 2014
◘ Team At a Glance;

260.gif
620.gif
479-w.gif
385.gif
330.gif
212.gif

◘ Team In Detail;

Swampert2.gif

SoDIRTY (Swampert, Torrent) @ Leftovers
248 HP / 216 DEF / 44 SpD / Relaxed
Moves:
  • Stealth Rock
  • Earthquake
  • Ice Beam
  • Protect
Commentary: A reasonably bulky lead and a great special/physical attacker, even without boosts. Protect instead of Surf because of Rotom-W's coverage, and to possibly reveal the foe's movests. Stealth Rock is easy to set up, and Ice Beam provides more coverage for an ice-less team. Earthquake can be considered a staple, I guess. Amazing move. Name reason: Muddy affiliations. (:

mienshao_by_mytriforce-d39mvus.jpg

Alyssa (Mienshao, Regenerator) @ Life Orb
252 ATK / 252 SPE / 4 SpA / Naive
Moves:
  • Hi Jump Kick
  • Hidden Power Ice
  • U-Turn
  • Stone Edge
Commentary: Generally a pokemon unique to my teams. In fact, she's always in my teams. Previous times I ran Bounce and Fake Out instead of U-Turn and HP Ice, but I'm considering switching U-Turn for Fake Out, because honestly, I have way too much U-Turn on this team. This pokemon usually comes out late-game, and is the best revenge-killer you'll ever see. I was down with only her and my foe had 3 left, and I ended up winning. An EXCEPTIONAL pokemon, probably not going to switch her out. Also my favorite pokemon of all time. Name Reason: My girlfriend.

479-wash.png

MyB|tch (Rotom-W (S), Levitate) @ Choice Specs
252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 SPE / Modest
Moves:
  • Shadow Ball
  • Hydro Pump
  • Thunderbolt
  • Trick
Commentary: A wonderful special attacker with great coverage and interesting moves. I like him because he's efficient and kills lots of things that can take out the rest of my team. STAB Hydro Pump, STAB TBolt, Trick for items, and Shadow Ball for occasional threats. A pretty solid set, although I haven't ran Rotom before, so I wouldn't know that well. Name Reason: 'Cuz it's the truth. *pedosmile*

Jirachi-1.gif

Alien (Jirachi, Serene Grace) @ Choice Scarf
252 ATK / 4 SpD / 252 SPE
/ Jolly
Moves:
  • Iron Head
  • Fire Punch
  • Ice Punch/Psychic
  • U-Turn
Commentary: Jirachi was on my first ever team, and is now making a comeback. Fire Punch knocks out threats like Metagross that can destroy my main attackers, Iron Head as a STAB steel move, U-turn for utility, and the last move is a debate. With 252 into ATK, Ice Punch seems like the best choice, but I already have Ice Beam on Swampert, and I need the Psychic coverage. I don't really know what to do. Name Reason: Should be very obvious.

Flygon.gif

London (Flygon, Levitate) @Choice Band
252 ATK / 4 SpD / 252 SPE
/ Adamant
Moves:
  • Outrage
  • Earthquake
  • U-Turn
  • Stone Edge
Commentary: One of my favorite pokemon, and a strong one although. Even though it falls to the better pokemon Garchomp, Flygon still prevails in some aspects of the metagame, this set being one I've used many times for Flygon. It works pretty well, atlhough Stone Edge usually dosen't do that much, because flying types (in my history) come out late-game, and by then Mienshao's revenge killing with Stone Edge/Hi Jump Kick. Still a good team player. Name Reason: Sort of random; couldn't think of anything better.

scizor.png

Definition (Scizor, Technician) @ Life Orb
4 HP / 252 ATK / 252 SPE
/ Adamant
Moves:
  • Swords Dance
  • Bullet Punch
  • Bug Bite
  • Superpower
Commentary: Yep. Last but not least, the ruler of OU, Scizor. And with good reason, it's a monster when set up right. I used to run X-Scissor, so I'm sort of iffy on Bug Bite, but it's been working pretty well. I chose Superpower over Brick Break for various reasons. Not much else to say... A beast. Name reason: The DEFINITION of overused.

◘ Conclusion;

This team is undefeated on Pokemon Online, and has been quite the offensive group. It's main strategy is pretty much attack, not much defense going on here. I haven't fought with it too much, so I'm not aware of any threats. Taunt dosen't cripple me at all (which is a big change from my Trick Room team, which explodes while facing Taunt) and it's pretty solid. CC is mucho appreciated from pros/veterans/newbies/amateurs/etc. cetera. Thanks for viewing!

EDIT: After playing some more, possible threats are Hail teams and Latios...

Last edited:

zommy08

Crimson Trainer
Years
I've added my criticisms in the quote.

◘ Team At a Glance;
260.gif
620.gif
479-w.gif
385.gif
330.gif
212.gif
◘ Team In Detail;
Swampert2.gif

SoDIRTY (Swampert, Torrent) @ Leftovers
248 HP / 216 DEF / 44 SpD / Relaxed

Moves:
  • Stealth Rock
  • Earthquake
  • Ice Beam
  • Protect
- I disagree with Protect. Use Waterfall.

Commentary: A reasonably bulky lead and a great special/physical attacker, even without boosts. Protect instead of Surf because of Rotom-W's coverage, and to possibly reveal the foe's movests. Stealth Rock is easy to set up, and Ice Beam provides more coverage for an ice-less team. Earthquake can be considered a staple, I guess. Amazing move. Name reason: Muddy affiliations. (:

mienshao_by_mytriforce-d39mvus.jpg

Alyssa (Mienshao, Regenerator) @ Life Orb
252 ATK / 252 SPE / 4 SpA / Naive

Moves:
  • Hi Jump Kick
  • Hidden Power Ice
  • U-Turn
  • Stone Edge
- With so few SpAtk EVs, it's better to run Fake Out over HP Ice. Either do that or give it more SpAtk EVs.
Commentary: Generally a pokemon unique to my teams. In fact, she's always in my teams. Previous times I ran Bounce and Fake Out instead of U-Turn and HP Ice, but I'm considering switching U-Turn for Fake Out, because honestly, I have way too much U-Turn on this team. This pokemon usually comes out late-game, and is the best revenge-killer you'll ever see. I was down with only her and my foe had 3 left, and I ended up winning. An EXCEPTIONAL pokemon, probably not going to switch her out. Also my favorite pokemon of all time. Name Reason: My girlfriend. - Aww. :P

479-wash.png

MyB|tch (Rotom-W (S), Levitate) @ Choice Specs
252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 SPE / Modest

Moves:
  • Shadow Ball
  • Hydro Pump
  • Thunderbolt
  • Trick
- No criticisms.
Commentary: A wonderful special attacker with great coverage and interesting moves. I like him because he's efficient and kills lots of things that can take out the rest of my team. STAB Hydro Pump, STAB TBolt, Trick for items, and Shadow Ball for occasional threats. A pretty solid set, although I haven't ran Rotom before, so I wouldn't know that well. Name Reason: 'Cuz it's the truth. *pedosmile*

Jirachi-1.gif

Alien (Jirachi, Serene Grace) @ Choice Scarf
252 ATK / 4 SpD / 252 SPE / Jolly

Moves:
  • Iron Head
  • Fire Punch
  • Ice Punch/Psychic
  • U-Turn
- Fix the Psychic problem by putting Zen Headbutt there. It is Psychic-type and physical and can flinch.
Commentary: Jirachi was on my first ever team, and is now making a comeback. Fire Punch knocks out threats like Metagross that can destroy my main attackers, Iron Head as a STAB steel move, U-turn for utility, and the last move is a debate. With 252 into ATK, Ice Punch seems like the best choice, but I already have Ice Beam on Swampert, and I need the Psychic coverage. I don't really know what to do. Name Reason: Should be very obvious.

Flygon.gif

London (Flygon, Levitate) @Choice Band
252 ATK / 4 SpD / 252 SPE / Adamant

Moves:
  • Outrage
  • Earthquake
  • U-Turn
  • Stone Edge
- As much as I love Flygon, Hydreigon is better and gets all those moves, as well as Fire Blast, Surf, STAB Crunch, STAB Dark Pulse and Head Smash.
Commentary: One of my favorite pokemon, and a strong one although. Even though it falls to the better pokemon Garchomp, Flygon still prevails in some aspects of the metagame, this set being one I've used many times for Flygon. It works pretty well, atlhough Stone Edge usually dosen't do that much, because flying types (in my history) come out late-game, and by then Mienshao's revenge killing with Stone Edge/Hi Jump Kick. Still a good team player. Name Reason: Sort of random; couldn't think of anything better.

scizor.png

Definition (Scizor, Technician) @ Life Orb
4 HP / 252 ATK / 252 SPE / Adamant

Moves:
  • Swords Dance
  • Bullet Punch
  • Bug Bite
  • Superpower
- No criticisms.
Commentary: Yep. Last but not least, the ruler of OU, Scizor. And with good reason, it's a monster when set up right. I used to run X-Scissor, so I'm sort of iffy on Bug Bite, but it's been working pretty well. I chose Superpower over Brick Break for various reasons. Not much else to say... A beast. Name reason: The DEFINITION of overused.
◘ Conclusion;
This team is undefeated on Pokemon Online, and has been quite the offensive group. It's main strategy is pretty much attack, not much defense going on here. I haven't fought with it too much, so I'm not aware of any threats. Taunt dosen't cripple me at all (which is a big change from my Trick Room team, which explodes while facing Taunt) and it's pretty solid. CC is mucho appreciated from pros/veterans/newbies/amateurs/etc. cetera. Thanks for viewing!

EDIT: After playing some more, possible threats are Hail teams and Latios...

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Riley, you've seen my comments! :P (Seel) D'ya want me to C+P them here? :3

Apple Juice

who are you
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 15, 2014
Nope, thanks both of you!

I've switched Flygon for Hydreigon and other moveset changes have been made.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Shadow Ball has little utility on Rotom-W this generation, so Hidden Power (Fire) or (Ice) can go there instead.

Back