• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Most Disappointing Pokémon You Have Used From The Fifth Generation

Joshawott

Banned
Years
Did you use a Pokémon from the fifth generation that you expected to be good, but were let down by it? Well tell us who it is!

For me it would have to be Galvantula. Its type match-up got me all fired up to use one, but it was just so... boring!

pknight96

Massive Unidentified Terrestrial Organism
Years
Darmanitan Zen Mode seemed so cool, but it just flopped! By the time you can use it, you're dead. Otherwise, I LOVE it. Darmanitans without Zen Mode are awesome.

fatcatfuller

Master of HG and Black
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jun 6, 2012
The darn legendary grass pokemon. I caught it and it sucks! It's only a LV:46! I was so disipointed.

The Lord of Smug
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
Hmm... Good question.

So far, I've liked all the pokemon I've used.

...probably the most disappointing would have to be... uhh...

I'll be honest and say Volcarona. I mean, yes, it is still powerful once I set up Quiver Dances, but it's just a tad slower than some pokemon and its defenses aren't worth talking about. And 4x weakness to rock does screw it over many times. Not that I think Volcarona is an useless pokemon! It just didn't live up to my expectations of being the strongest pokemon on my team.

I still love it, though!

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Hmm... Good question.

So far, I've liked all the pokemon I've used.

...probably the most disappointing would have to be... uhh...

I'll be honest and say Volcarona. I mean, yes, it is still powerful once I set up Quiver Dances, but it's just a tad slower than some pokemon and its defenses aren't worth talking about. And 4x weakness to rock does screw it over many times. Not that I think Volcarona is an useless pokemon! It just didn't live up to my expectations of being the strongest pokemon on my team.

I still love it, though!

Banning you rn.

I didn't actually use it but Purrloin/Liepard I was disappointed that so many people were talking about how not good it was. I love cats and not being able to use the cat Pokemon made me sad. ;;

Years
Keep in mind this was before I looked at base stat totals. I've always been a fan of the Zubat-Crobat line so when I saw Woobat-Swoobat, I was pretty excited. AND it sucked. Majorly. I was so disappointed because it could never get anything done. Now I know why it sucked.

Years
blitzle... well kinda i mean it's a good attacker and it looks cool but it's defense is crap!!!

i used it once and it was hard to use because it would get knocked out really easily but it could knock out things nicely!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
^ I agree Bliztle was a extreme let down...and in some ways so were the starters...a lot of BW pokemon are glass cannons... Kyurem was also disappointing with it's small movepool.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Liepard, Audino, and Zebstrika. I was looking forward to using them but they're very frail. I ditched Liepard in a practice run, I never used Audino once I saw its capabilities, and I struggled training Zebstrika in White.

I loved Volcarona, Virizion, and Galvantula. -.-

BlaqJester

Guru
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2013
Mines would have to be Woobat Sawk and Throh. Woobat was what I didn't expect and the other two creeps my nerves

Years
Nostalgiafag alert?

Anyway, I think the worst and most dissopointing Gen - PURRLOIN. GAME FREAK. ILL FREAKING KILL YOU. COME ANY CLOSER PURRLOIN, AND ILL FREAKIN KILL YOU. IT WONT BE HARD EITHER, BECAUSE YOUR STATS ARE F***ING HORRIBLE. YOUR DEFENSE IS LOW, AND UNLIKE ARCHETOPS, YOUR ATTACK DOSEN'T MAKE UP FOR IT.
But in all seriousness, I thought it was pretty cool to have a Dark type that early in the game. But, they had to make it a throwaway Pokemon...

Yeah, Purrloin/Liepard was terrible. It takes way too long to learn Night Slash.

Archeops may have low defenses but it has awesome Attack.

Years
  • Seen May 6, 2023
All of them, Nintendo got lazy on this one. Then need to just delete Unova and start from scratch.

and create another Unova... seriously unova is supposed to be new begining

anyway... I'd say liepad since it has terrible stats. I like its design but its stats prevented me from using it.

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
Years
Liepard was mega disappoint compared to other Unova Pokemon. I never ever want to use Liepard.

Years
Klingklang. That whole evo line was unsatisfactory but the last one especially. The only redeeming factor was the creativity of the shiny palette :/

Hypno

OT: Eggaro
Years
The Zebra pokemon, I didn't even bothered to learn its name when I found out it wasn't as good as I thought it would have been.

Back