• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Misty, May Or Dawn?

Favourite Female "Side Kick"

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
Years
From what I can remember of the anime, probably Misty XD With May and Dawn, Ash was already a pretty well established trainer, and he was the one mentoring them with battles and stuff. But with Misty, Ash was just starting, so she sort of helped Ash along, and that's what I liked about her so much. Not only that, she had the most personality out of the three female "sidekicks", the way she tried to come off as tough and independent, but actually really needed Ash was sweet, in my opinion. <3

PorygonSquared

He's Supposed To Be Dead!!!
Years
May. I liked the fresh approach she brought to the show with contests. Since Dawn is doing something similar, there is a lack of this "novelty" appeal that May had as a character. And her personality is borderline between sweetheart and strong-willed. Plus, I can actually view May and Dawn as important characters rather than mere "sidekicks," always a plus when most females in anime are mere "cheerleaders" for the main bloke.

I don't know why so many people prefer Misty, but then again I'm that nutjob who thinks that Season 1 is overrated beyond belief.

foxkrystal

The Music is Movin' :D
Years
Sidekicks? there is no such thing as sidekicks for Kasumi, Haruka, and Hikari. They are friends; best friends from Satoshi to Kasumi and Haruka, but I don't think he would consider Hikari as a best friend. It's very odd when one person would think of a girl character as a side kick to Satoshi. They are friends to Satoshi dammit! If you think I'm wrong, then so be it > <.

Taemin

[i][b]MOVE[/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2023
May.

Because I don't care that Misty was the 'original', doesn't really make her the best.
At least not in my opinion.

I think Hikari looks cool, character-design wise, but her personality gets on my nerves. nn;
& I do like Misty, she's a neat character.. I just like May more.

Zero Avenged

Be greater.
Years
Misty hands down. She was the only one who had a reason to come with Ash and actually helped Ash. So GO MISTY!!!!

Wish

No spoils for the meek.
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2018
Misty...hands down.

Misty actually was there when Ash was that annoying new trainer we all liked. XD With May and Dawn, we see Ash as an experienced trainer who already has gone through a lot. I also liked Misty's personality a lot better then May's or Dawn's. Don't get me wrong, I like Dawn and May, but personally, I like Misty better. =P

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
Years
Misty by far. She wasn't afraid to say what she thought, she was (and still is) a powerful trainer. When the show began she was still a rookie, but by the AG she became a Gym Leader, none of the other cast members have done that (in fact Brock has done the reverse). Also, she displayed the most dynamic personality, she was either loving and caring or she was an angry beast. Her pokemon had dynamic personalities as well (Psyduck, Corsola, Togepi, and Politoed being the most so). I felt the writers did her an injustice. After watching her 4 episodes in Chronicles I feel she needed to get her own spinoff (Misty as Gym Leader would be fun to watch w/ Butch and Cassidy as the Team Rocket agents).

.emerald

☆ + ♥
Years
  • Seen Apr 13, 2014
Misty by far. She wasn't afraid to say what she thought, she was (and still is) a powerful trainer. When the show began she was still a rookie, but by the AG she became a Gym Leader, none of the other cast members have done that (in fact Brock has done the reverse). Also, she displayed the most dynamic personality, she was either loving and caring or she was an angry beast. Her pokemon had dynamic personalities as well (Psyduck, Corsola, Togepi, and Politoed being the most so). I felt the writers did her an injustice. After watching her 4 episodes in Chronicles I feel she needed to get her own spinoff.

i would agree,Misty rocks hands down!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Røzuя℮iÐØ

Roserade is manly rite? D:
Years
Misty was definately the best. She brought a romantic sideplot to the story with ash, and I always thought it was entertaining to watch them go back and forth with each other. Misty was also alot more independant and sassy then May and Dawn, not to mention she had that epic oblivious Psyduck that always made you lol.

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
Maybe it was all the versions that killed it heh. But I love all the crazy instrumental parts in Watashi, Makenai. Kimi no Soba de is a bit slow for it to be one of my favourites, but I still like it. I've seen some translations of Kimi no Soba de, and it seems like it could be about any of the characters except the "daijoubu" part, while Watashi, Makenai seems to be more about May, it says a bit about contests and gaining confidence - gaining confidence is definatly a trait of May's personality. "kamo!"

Chelzbell

magical girl undercover
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 13, 2010
I vote goes to Misty. She's just awesome, and it's so cute when she talks about her love for water pokemon.

Baa.Baa.Blacksheep

Lean on me~
Years
Misty. She was there first, so she has the biggest impact on my mind. When May came to the anime, I stopped watching Pokemon for a while, and I just don't really like Dawn's personallity. Misty's the fiery tomboy! She had the most personallity! Her love for water Pokemon and her fear of Bug Pokemon is awesome. :D

Ryousha

Waiting for Gen 4 Remakes
Years
I think Misty, with that red dress(Pokesho shows panties P:)

Though about May, is the bottom part a skirt, or pants?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back