• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokemon Trainer Academy (OOC) (NEW!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crystallized

Always here. Always there.
Years
I see an opening in the suicune dorm...*Runs off to write SU, will edit this post when done.*

Edit: Here it is~!

Spoiler:

Last edited:

OrangeNess

Layton Lover
Years
@pat No I' thinking a Daycare that costs $99999999 for one level! Muhahahahahaha! Just kidding, but the lemonade idea was cool. Or mabey I'll sell shredded pikachu meat. (Sorry if that was a bit graphic, but I just don't like pikachu.)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 2, 2014
@ OrangeNess, in another RP I'm in my character is the son of the owners of the Cafe in Olivine. He talks about Tauros steaks, and Kanto Fried Torchic, grilled Magikarp. Basically any Pokemon that looks like an animal, is potentially food (That's the part of Pokemon no one sees. I mean who wants a Gym Leader that also owns a Slaughter house? PETA would make 10 more games.)

OrangeNess

Layton Lover
Years
@ pat Most likely. But hey, I could use a crane to lower it into the paper shredder! Oh wait. I'm trying to make money, not go bankrupt on buying these things.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
@Nideous & Crystallized: Both your SUs pass. Welcome to the RP, Crystallized. Enjoy your new character, Nideous.

@Orange: Psh. Joint Aenue sells levels for much less ;O

Arkyron

One Very Cracked Egg
Years
  • Age 33
  • IL
  • Seen Nov 30, 2014
Hi there guys! I'm new to the site, but am a veteran roleplayer, and took an interest in yours here. I see that you have a single student slot open, as well as some teachers. Before I get started though, I just had a few questions.

First, I didn't see any mention of it, but should I apply, do I need to include a sample post? If so, can it be a sample from a previous roleplay, or would you prefer it be within the context of the roleplay? I can provide either, but wanted to be sure for the sake of time constraints.

Second, there may be a few days in a row in which I'll be entirely unavailable, repeatedly. I can, however, notify you of these days in most cases. Would that be acceptable? Or would it prove too detrimental to the flow of the roleplay?

Thank you for your time.

Dawn

Years
@Arkyron: Welcome to the site! This RP does not require a sample post, though I've considered changing the SU template to do so. If I did though, it would need to be a post from the eyes of the character in question. That'd be the one catch. For now, I haven't even discussed that with the other GM, so it's not about to change.

Also, that's fine. I normally only send inactivity warnings out after a week or more of no posting, and if you can notify me/us in advance that's all the better, because I'm happy to accommodate a bit of activity if I know you're coming back, especially if you have an idea of when you'll be back. I just can't let the spots stay filled up with people who aren't coming back, y'know?

Arkyron

One Very Cracked Egg
Years
  • Age 33
  • IL
  • Seen Nov 30, 2014
Gotcha! Awesome! Thanks so much! I'll go ahead and start working something up~

Arkyron

One Very Cracked Egg
Years
  • Age 33
  • IL
  • Seen Nov 30, 2014
Name (First, Middle-optional and Last): Caius Alvirais Solus

Nickname (Optional): Cy

Age (10-15): 15

Sex (Male or Female): Male

Dorm (Raikou Dorm, Entei Dorm or Suicune Dorm): Suicune

Appearance (A picture can be provided instead of a description if you so wish): Caius stands at 5'7, and weighs in just below average for the height at 122
. Due to his sheltered life, he's so pale some joke that he's a ghost, or a vampire, which isn't helped by his tendency to stare in confusion with his deep, hazel eyes. Long, dark brown hair flows to mid-neck length in back, gently tied in a ponytail- a style he adopted from his uncle. Usual attire consists of a green shirt (a hoodie, if the weather will allow), and blue jeans- simple, comfortable, and casual.

Personality (How does your character act and react to others? Their mental state? Flaws and/or personal weaknesses?): Caius is a mostly down-to-earth, mature young man. However, he struggles socially due to the almost complete inability to start a conversation. Some think he's one of those broody, quiet, "my-mother-never-loved-me," types, and others think that he's a creeper who just stares. Who wouldn't though? When he's not reading or taking care of his Poke'mon, Caius just stands there, awkwardly silent. Strike up a conversation with him, however, and you'll quickly find someone with bizarre wit, occasionally morbid humor, and almost undying loyalty.

However, one should note that Caius' loyalty is as much a weakness as it is a strength. He has been known to blindly defend those close to him without hearing the whole situation. Perhaps out of naivety, or out of a misplaced sense of attachment...

History (Where did your character grow up? Who did they grow up with? What have the been doing before this? Any noteworthy events? What brought them to the academy?):

Wealth, shelter, and simplicity are perhaps the things that would most align with the life of Caius. The last of five sons born to the wealthy Solus family of Unova, Caius had the entire material world at his disposal. He could have done anything with his life, and his parents would have paid for and paved the way. Yet, toys and trinkets held no interest for the boy. Rather, he took interest in his uncle's Poke'mon. The man couldn't visit often, but when he did, he doted on Caius, and let him play with his Poke'mon to his heart's content. That was when he met Yen- the Growlithe was only a few weeks old then. Though his Ember amazed Caius to no end, what he really loved was the companionship he felt with the Poke'mon.

Shortly after Caius turned 10, however, his uncle stopped coming. Caius retreated into himself, doing little more than staring out the window, hoping to see his uncle striding up to the mansion. Finally, however, the day came that Caius could see him again. This time though, he didn't know what to say. What can a child say to a dead loved one? As Cane Solus was laid to rest, and his will was read, all Caius could do was stand and stare unflinchingly at the person closest to him. With emotions so heavy, so painful that he had nothing to compare them to, the boy fell to his knees, and let the tears stream from his eyes. Yet, for all of his pain, all of his suffering, Caius felt something warm- fur, and a gentle tongue. There was Yen, mourning together with him, and comforting him all the same. As his uncle's will and testimony came to an end, Caius felt a bittersweet joy- Yen was left to him.

From then on, Caius and Yen were inseparable. Caius began to study about Poke'mon tirelessly, learning everything he could about them- how their personalities affected their battle prowess, type and move combinations, and more. 3 years later, he began to sneak out and search for Poke'mon to battle. He trained Yen against them, utilizing his diversity to great affect. Their greatest challenge was perhaps Beat. The Darumaka was a stray that was wandering about Nimbasa City, causing all sorts of commotion. Challenging it, Caius and Yen managed to subdue and capture the tiny ape, adding to his team for the first time.

Then, the time came- at age 15, Caius applied to Gary Oak's Poke'mon Trainer Academy- and was accepted. He knew his uncle would be proud! Though his parents disapproved, the begrudgingly allowed his leave- upon the condition that he return with their family symbol- a Volcarona. Where was he supposed to catch one though!? Moreover, how!? They were absurdly powerful, and above all else, rare. Little did he know, however, destiny smiled upon him. His uncle left one final gift- a Poke'mon egg. As he took the egg in his hands, it began to shake violently, almost as if reacting to his very touch- only to lay still. How strange... Caius pondered about the egg for a time, but acknowledged it would simply hatch when it was time.

When the day of his voyage came, as Caius was getting ready to leave, panic suddenly struck- the egg was gone! But where!? It was his uncle's final gift! Surely no one would have stolen it! Unless... As Caius investigated further, he found tiny shards of some unknown structure. His search yielded no results, however, and the time came that he had to leave. With a heavy heart, he gathered his things, and made way to port. On the way there, strangely enough, the boy thought he heard bizarre noises- yet he couldn't pinpoint anything at all. People seemed to laugh as he passed by, but what for, he couldn't understand. Then, onboard the ship, a girl kept looking over to him and giggling. Finally, it proved so frustrating he strode on up and asked. The answer? "Your Poke'mon in your bag! It's so cute! It keeps poking out and making faces at everyone!" Confusion summed it up pretty well. Caius had no idea what she was talking about. "I don't have a -" he started to say, reaching down to his bag, only for a small, white, fluffy thing to jump up onto his face, clinging lovingly with stubby little legs.

As Caius flailed about in surprise, the creature moved to his shoulder, taking a firm seat and smiling innocently. "You... You were in the egg, weren't you? I thought I'd lost you. My uncle's last gift..."

Pokémon (Maximum of 3. No legendaries, 'shiny' or stage 3 pokémon. Oddly colored but not specifically 'shiny' pokemon are allowed, however.):
Species: Darumaka
Nickname(Optional): Beat
Personality (Can be as short or long as you want, but cannot be excessively vague): A very jolly, rambunctious Poke'mon, Beat is always on the move, hustling everywhere he goes. Getting the tiny critter to settle down is almost impossible thanks to its habit of randomly thrashing about, almost as if doing it just for fun. That being said, it is highly obedient to Caius, and knows to stop the fun and games when it's told to do so.
Lvl(Max 25): 25
Moves(Maximum of 6. TMs and egg moves are allowed): Fire Punch, Headbutt, Work Up, Brick Break, U-turn, Rock Slide

Pokémon (Maximum of 3. No legendaries, 'shiny' or stage 3 pokémon. Oddly colored but not specifically 'shiny' pokemon are allowed, however.):
Species: Growlithe
Nickname(Optional): Yen
Personality (Can be as short or long as you want, but cannot be excessively vague):
Gentle, strong-willed, and fiercely protective, Yen is very selective about whom he will allow to be around Caius, let alone himself. Those who are found unworthy will growled and barked at, and in extreme cases, Heat Wave'd. Of all his Poke'mon, Yen shares the strongest bond with Caius.
Lvl(Max 25): 23
Moves(Maximum of 6. TMs and egg moves are allowed): Flame Wheel, Wild Charge, Heat Wave, Body Slam, Close Combat, Crunch

Species: Larvesta
Nickname(Optional): Sol
Personality (Can be as short or long as you want, but cannot be excessively vague): A timid but mischievous little bug, Sol is always finding ways to get into trouble. Whether it's eating someone's berries, sneaking up on people, etc, Sol's pranks and shenanigans know no bounds. However, criticism and scolding are not taken well by Sol, and will often reduce him to tears.

Lvl(Max 25): 1
Moves(Maximum of 6. TMs and egg moves are allowed): Bug Bite, Flamethrower, Psychic, Struggle Bug, String Shot, Willow Wisp

Crystallized

Years
@Yellow : Thanks very much ^^... Now uhm, I am left with a slight dilemma, How would i join in? Just randomly? Or is there a certain way in which this has to be done?

Dawn

Years
@Crystallized: "Or is there a certain way in which this has to be done?" No. The primary transportation to the island is by boat. If you have any specific questions about island details you can ask them here, and if you want to ask people about their characters and plausibly meeting up with said characters you can ask about that here too.

@Arkyron: I'm still waiting on Mega's thoughts on your SU.

@PinkSapphire: I'm glad to have you back :U

Crystallized

Years
@Yellow: ^^ Alright then i'll start my post right away, as for meeting up with someone on the Island, I guess i'll just see what comes my way and see what happens. Thanks for the help!

Dawn

Years
@Arkyron: Alright. You're accepted. Welcome to the RP! c:

@Everyone: And now to go update the front page. I do wish there was an easier way of keeping track of this stuff that didn't involve tedious post editing. I could always open separate etherpads for them, but meh.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Hey Marin, I think you neglected to even mention Kiyoko in your post (Excluding Strikeout Text)and he did ask questions.

... I'm kind of relying on your post since no one else has made any interaction with Kiyoko and I'd otherwise have nothing to post about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back