• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Starter Pokémon

Pick a starter.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2023
Sadly Emboar is a "slow, bad with defenses, powerful" kind...it has trouble surviving to land a hit...and has worse defenses than Infernape...

...which means no one will stop me from liking it ;) Also proves that Generation 5 isn't as good as everyone thinks it is. ...to me at least.

And I always wonder why people complain about speed when all you really need is a few Speed enhancing elixirs and a Quick Claw.

But I still want meh Chespin D:

Say what you will about Emboar, but, imo, Samurott and Serperior were both awesome-looking (Emboar sadly disappointed a bit in the design category). And Samurott has some very good stats, obviously the best battler of the bunch, given that its stats are well-rounded and not all invested in one area, so that it isn't vulnerable on other fronts. I freakin' love my Samurott in my Pokémon Black team. Its a beast.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Fennekin has the moves Psybeam, Flame Charge, Fire Spin and Tail Whip.

I would have let Psychic Slide since almost everything and its momma can learn it, but 2 Psychic attacks and the second being a more confined Psybeam pretty much kills the chance for anything but Fire/Psychic.

Which ruins Fennekin's chance from ever being put onto my team.

On an odder note:

Froakie has Water Pulse, Quick Attack, Lick and Round

Now Froakie can use Ghost attacks too? I know Lick isn't that exclusive, but Froakie's move pool seems to be fairly expansive so far. Much more than Fennekin has been showing. Froakie being Water/Ghost would be interesting since its the only defining type I've seen on him.

Years
Eh, I personally don't really see this as a bad thing for Fennekin, but that's just me? I mean, now that I look at it differently, I see Fire/Psychic as kind of a new opportunity for it, even if it is Pursuit weak, blahblahblah, the whole nine yards. I don't think it'll be that bad, in all honesty.

Now Froakie being Water/Ghost would be something I'd like to see. n_n But honestly, I'm still stuck on whether Chespin would be Grass/Rock or not, there's hardly anything to hint to its type, right? D:

A water ghost froakie could really make me change from my beloved chespin.

FlamingRage

Can you feel my rage?
Years
  • Seen Feb 19, 2015
For pretty much all the same reasons as XanderO, I think froakie will be water/flying.
He knows both acrobatics and bounce, and his pokedex states "Froakie is both light and strong, making it capable of jumping incredibly high"

In the anime trailer it shows him inflating the bubbles on his chin. I can see him getting more bubbles and being able to jump really high and inflate them so he can float on air.

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2016
Im picking Fennekin no matter what. Fire/psychic would top him for me personally. Even if Torchic is available with a megapokemon evo, I have OCD about using past pokemon in new gen games so I will only play 6 gen pokemon in X&Y. But the mega Absol is super tempting. Froakie as water/ghost would be sick too though a levitating frog with cloud/mist around it would be sweet.

大輔

Adventurer
Years
I usually go for the one that isn't always picked so Chespin for me. If not that maybe Froakie. I hope that the rumor of them having type advantages over each other are true:

Chespin: Grass/Dark
Froakie: Water/Fighting
Fenniken: Fire/Psychic

Years
For pretty much all the same reasons as XanderO, I think froakie will be water/flying.
He knows both acrobatics and bounce, and his pokedex states "Froakie is both light and strong, making it capable of jumping incredibly high"

In the anime trailer it shows him inflating the bubbles on his chin. I can see him getting more bubbles and being able to jump really high and inflate them so he can float on air.

Owch Water/Flying would give him that crippling weakness to electric.

Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2023
This is what I'm thinking/hoping for:

Fennekin: Fire/Fairy
Froakie: Water/Ghost
Chespin: Grass/Steel

Years
I sure hope that Froakie isn't Water/Flying...it'll have a lot of weaknesses, including a 4X one. Water/Ghost and Water/Dark sound better imo.

Water/Flying actually is weak only to Rock and Electric (the latter being 4x weak) plus not being weak to Grass. Although I don't see Ghost as a possibility even though Froakie learns Lick, that move isn't even common on a lot of Ghosts.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Water/Flying actually is weak only to Rock and Electric (the latter being 4x weak) plus not being weak to Grass. Although I don't see Ghost as a possibility even though Froakie learns Lick, that move isn't even common on a lot of Ghosts.
The 4X weaknesses must've made me think it was more than that xD. Well in that case I'm more open to it :3. However the 4x weakness seems like a lot...

You know the flying moves it has such as Acrobatic, and Bounce can back up the claim that it'll evolve into a ninja as they're seen as fast and agile and can jump high (and then there's the fact it's a frog xD)

Years
The 4X weaknesses must've made me think it was more than that xD. Well in that case I'm more open to it :3. However the 4x weakness seems like a lot...

We've had at least one final evo starter of each of the three starter types to have a 4x weakness. Charizard to Rock-type, Swampert to Grass-type, and Torterra to Ice-type. If that Grass/Dark rumor for Chespin's evolved forms is true, that would add another Grass into the fray, but with 4x Bug weakness.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
We've had at least one final evo starter of each of the three starter types to have a 4x weakness. Charizard to Rock-type, Swampert to Grass-type, and Torterra to Ice-type. If that Grass/Dark rumor for Chespin's evolved forms is true, that would add another Grass into the fray, but with 4x Bug weakness.
I thought the rumor for the finals were Fire/Psychic, Grass/Fighting, and Water/Dark...however there was that mix up so I might've gotten the mix up here...

Years
I thought the rumor for the finals were Fire/Psychic, Grass/Fighting, and Water/Dark...however there was that mix up so I might've gotten the mix up here...

Fennekin looks almost certain to be Fire/Psychic in its evo due to being shown using Psybeam. I know Grass/Dark was rumored for Chespin and Water/Fighting for Froakie. But knowing Game Freak, I wouldn't be surprised if those two ended up pure Grass and pure Water, or even a different type combination altogether.

I remember back in 5th Gen that Tepig got quite a bit of love and then the evos were revealed, spoiling their dreams of using it only because they hated the "Fire/Fighting curse". I don't get why people would rage at a starter being part-Fighting, even if it's not the Fire-type like the last three generations.

blue

gucci
Years
I'm more enthusiastic about Fennekin being Fire/Psychic now that it can learn Psybeam. This just confirms it even more for me that I will be choosing it over the other two as my starter!

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
For some reason, I get the feeling that Fennekin's last evo will look similar to Naruto's controlled Ninetales chakra mode, I forget the name of it. And will be Fire/Psy still.

Sense I will probably be using Torchic at the start, I will probably go with Chespin still. I just like him more than the others 2.

Fernando Torres

Class on grass
Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2014
Since I can't judge them on how good they are il just say this. Fennekin because its almost as cute as Mudkip the almighty ruler of me :3 (lol)

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
My starter evos typing predictions are:

Froakie- Water / Flying: The color scheme of white and blue would match well with a Water / Flying type. The bubbles surrounding Froakie resemble clouds which are a good representative of flying type. Finally the bubbles themselves can be representative to flying type since bubbles can float.

Chespin- Grass / Rock: At first glance I would have said Grass / Ground because of the tail but after looking at Chespin's description and how it says it has a hard shell on its head, then it made me think either Rock or Steel.

Fennekin- Fire / Fairy or Psychic: This one could go either way. Both Psychic and Fairy can be used to show some kind of elegance. I prefer Fairy because its a good opportunity to put the type in the spotlight.

*Note that I'm basing my predictions off the starter alone, Im aware that the designs could go in many directions depending on what the developers chose but this is what I think is most likely.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back