• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Black hack: Pokemon Pure White/Pitch Black

Hacki101

I use too many smileys.... :P
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 14, 2014
On the intro Bianca and Cheren's spirites have not changed!! They are saying how they are now opposite gender but they are still the same, the in game vs. sprites have changed but then the game froze at my first battle :( I using using the pure white pre patched rom off your website on my R4 as xdelta is not letting me patch :(

Ok I tried again by downloading a US ROM and the patch worked!! (The title screen is still the same if you ever tried to change that)

I dont know whether I am going to be using No$gba or R4, as I kinda want to do the Youtube challenge but i have never done a lets play before. Maybe if I do a second run behind my R4 one.
Anyway, I will update my progress here!

Slight error: Bianca's Dad still refers to her as his daughter.
Grrr just realized I am not getting exp :( Got to restart now...

Ok turns out the rom off your website works on no$gba but not r4 (no exp gained) but it freezes every 10 minutes or so, where fight does not come up on the battle options. Anyone had this problem?

Last edited:

Chiar

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 5, 2014
This hack is great! =D
Cilan was really hard, but I finally beat him her after 18 tries. I'm really curious how other gym leaders look gender bended...

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
Years

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

READ THIS!READ THIS!READ THIS!

I uploaded a new patch.

The download link is the same, but the file is different. If you've downloaded the previous patch and it didn't work or had no EXP, please download this instead. If it still doesn't work, make sure you're using a CLEAN ROM with an English language (E or U). If that still doesn't work, you can download pre-patched ROMs using a link found in one of the text documents.

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
Years

Well I also told you where to download the pre-patched ROMs since I know patching doesn't work for everyone due to different computers and different ROM versions.

Hacki101

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 14, 2014
Thanks for the new patch! I am glad to report it is working fine on r4. I have just got the running shoes, team is: Patrat 4, Bidoof 4, Sentret 6, Lillipup 6, Ratatta 6, Oshawott 9.

I will also enter the Youtube challenge on no$gba later :) (Do i have to post the whole walkthrough or just the gym battles- i dont mind either way)

Years
  • Seen Jul 10, 2011
EU version aint working yet. The English ver. is looking fine, I still can't apply your patch if the game is AP patched already, yeah** guess it should really be that C-l-e-a-n game we're speaking of here.

Known issue: I don't know if its just me but if you tried to Pokesav/Pokegen your p-okes! The game will eventually black out. Hard to believe but you can try to see if it also happens to you

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
Years

I will also enter the Youtube challenge on no$gba later :) (Do i have to post the whole walkthrough or just the gym battles- i dont mind either way)
Just the battles, although you could incorporate a walkthrough along with it and it will still count.

EU version aint working yet. The English ver. is looking fine, I still can't apply your patch if the game is AP patched already, yeah** guess it should really be that C-l-e-a-n game we're speaking of here.

Known issue: I don't know if its just me but if you tried to Pokesav/Pokegen your p-okes! The game will eventually black out. Hard to believe but you can try to see if it also happens to you
The AP patch in included in this patch, so you shouldn't use an already patched ROM. I was able to use Pokegen fine, but you shouldn't do it anyways cause that's CHEATING. :badsmile:

Years
  • Seen Jul 10, 2011
Whoot! That was pretty fast esp. coming from the man himself. = )

I Pokesav just to check the EV's I got from battling. Can't use serebii.net's guide anymore bec. trainer's pokes are entirely different. : DD

Hey guys and one more thing, you gotta see Pletora! I mean Lenora! Cool!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 23, 2013
I must say this is a good hack. Now, how do I enter the youtube challenge? Already in from of the 1st gym and I wanna record it

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
Years

I must say this is a good hack. Now, how do I enter the youtube challenge? Already in from of the 1st gym and I wanna record it

Just record the video with a screen recorder like Hypercam (Free) or Camtasia (which might have a free trial). All the rules are in the text document.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 23, 2013
Ditto. Oh, and trying to gain all the bonus points for the challenge is a pain! The 1st gym so brutal! Darned Lillipup's gonna be in my nightmares for days. Regardless, I like the difficulty spike

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
Years

Good luck!

I'm actually going to work on a future update this weekend that is mostly text edits and I also wanted to update the Pokemoninfo document.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 23, 2013

Good luck!

I'm actually going to work on a future update this weekend that is mostly text edits and I also wanted to update the Pokemoninfo document.

Text edits you say? So does that mean the story is is going to be revised? Or are they minor text edits like correcting Bianca's gender? (Still cracking up at how the dad still refers to Bianca as his daugher) Either way, I'm looking forward to it

Aw man please don't update I'm doing a Nuzlocke of this and I'm an idiot when it comes to ROMS and stuff.

Well, the creator does have every right to update his or her work. However, if you want to, I'm willing to teach you about ROMs and stuff. Just PM me and I'll try my best to help k? :)

Chiar

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 5, 2014
Could you adjust a few Pokemon's stats and edit some movesets if that's possible? Most of the Pokemon avaliable early (like Bellsprout, Sentret, Caterpie and Pidgey) have noticeably worse stats that Unova Pokemon and learn weak moves. The stat buff-ups and moveset changes would make them as good in battles as Gen V ones.

Hacki101

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 14, 2014
I think I found an unchanged trainer- the PKMN Breeder in the grass on route 3 she has Patrat, Lillipup and Pidove all level 9. The preschoolers levels were really low as well for this point in the game.

To the person doing Nuzlocke, you dont have to download his update you know!

My team after Cheren on Route 3 (interchangeable) in order of usefulness: Pidgeotto Lv.19, Herdier Lv.16, Rattata Lv.14, Oshawott Lv.14, Butterfree Lv.13, Pansear Lv.13, Meowth Lv.13, Starly Lv.12, Pikachu Lv.9

Great hack so far, I've lost against Bianca 3 times, Cheren once (school), Chilan 5 times, Plasma once; but I dont grind its more fun that way

EDIT: make that twice to Plasma, stupid Moxie sweeping ¬¬

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
Finally a game that isn't a Mickey Mouse Operation!

I bow down to you, this is FANTASTIC!

Good work BUDDY! 10/10!

naruck23

Plague
Years
Aragorn, I tracked a text that was not edited.

I was at the start, and when I go talk to Bianca's Father, full of curiosity, he is saying daugther, this might not be really important, but for someone curious like me, it is.

Glad I help. I will try track more bugs, and failures.

Also, when you mean 649 It includes starters?

Last edited:

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
Years

Hey guys, Version 1.2 is now out!

Changes

+More story dialog changes, including fixing gender inconsistencies.
+Lotad now found on Route 2
+Kadabra, Boldore, Gurdurr, Graveler, and Machoke now evolve by Level.
+Audinos in certain areas now have higher levels.
+Lenora's Pokemon now have set abilities (before it was random)
+Trainers on Route 3 and Pinwheel Forest have higher levels.
+Fixed Problems with Oddish and the Pikachu and Spearow lines (they had the wrong Pokemon data)

Also, Pokemoninfo.txt and Challenge.txt have been changed. Read them through since they have new information. Please delete the old text documents since they are now outdated.

Don't delete your old ROM! If for some reason, this new update doesn't work, continue playing on your old version.
However, it should work if you got the first version to work and did the exact same things.

Keep in mind I only tested these on No$GBA and Desmume so far.

For those of you who don't know, you can use the same save file you are currently playing on if your save file's name matches the name of the new ROM. So there's no real reason not to update.

Back