• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
For a RP, I've had a few in mind that I haven't been able to decide between. All of them at the same time would probably be a bit much.

There is, of course, the possiblity that I'd remake Gladiators with a few plot changes. For those of you who weren't around the when I made this RP, here is a short (and terrible) summary:

Dialga and Celebi get into a fight in Viridian forest. There battle causes a disruption in time, sening many of the surrounding Pokemon back in time a few thousand years to medieval times. In this time, Pokemon are forced to fight to the death in specially made arenas. The Pokemon sent back in time must now find a way to return to their own time.

I have some developments I'd make to the plot, but that's the very basics of it.

My idea I've already used on another forum, so I probably won't use it here unless it gets enough interest. It's called Spirits of Legend, and this is the basic plot:

Millenia ago, when creatures of myth and legend roamed the land, mankind lived in harmony with the world around it. Their peaceful world was disrupted by an evil that threatened to destroy every living thing on the planet. With the help of the legendary beasts man was able to defeat the darkness and lock it away in the farthest reaches of the planet, where its ever lingering presence froze the landscape for all eternity. However, victory came at a cost: the spirits of the mythical beasts that locked away the darkness were also sealed, only to return if the shadows were to somehow escape. That day has finally come. The ancient evil has breached the seal, and even know the beings of darkness are preparing to destroy this world. The spirits of legend are stirring, seeking out vessels worthy of their might. These vessels will receive a portion of the spirit's powers, as well as the ability to change into the spirit's true form. They don't have much time to prepare; darkness is on the rise.

My final RP idea is based around a book I'm writing, and would somewhat be to help me get over writer's block and decide on a few elements of the story, as well as for enjoyment. The name I'm thinking to use for it is Mystland: The Lost Guardian. I'm still working on building a plot for this one, but this is what I'm thinking of:

In recent years, there has been an increase in kidnappings all over the world. The truth behind these kidnappings is that scientists are collecting test subjects and stowing them away to a land lost in time: Mystland. In this land, creatures only seen in fiction, and many never even heard of, roam wild, untouched by man except for the recent influence of the scientists. The scientists are taking advantage of the powers these creatures possess, finding ways to insert their traits in the children they kidnapped. Once the scientists made a mistake an enraged an especially dangerous creature, causing it to attack their lab. In the commotion many of the test subjects escaped. They learn from the some of more intelligent natives that the Guardian of Mystland disappeared at about the same time the scientists returned and that ever since then the land has slowly been dying. The escapees, curious and wanting to help - even if only for revenge - agree to help find the lost guardian.

Which one do you guys like best?

Well, I had been around during the first Gladiators, though I hadn't joined it. If the new enhanced version is good, I'll probably join it this time, because the idea is really interesting :P

For the second idea, the part about 'demons being locked away by spirit sacrifice' is similar to LOZ: Spirit Tracks, iirc. But that doesn't matter lol. SO anyways, I'm guessing the RPers will play the people who are taken over by the demons? Definitely good enough. I'll be keeping a watch on this one.

The third one seems like the best idea for me. Going around on an uncharted island, with mythical creatures seems like a good idea. I'd probably join this one (if I have the time) :P

I had idea about an apocalyptic roleplay that I want to do, although there are some major plot holes that need to be filled before I get serious about anything.

Plot

In the future, hundreds of years after an apocalyptic event destroyed much of the world, making it inhospitable and quite difficult to live. The events hundreds of years ago included mostly nukes when many nations went to war, and the atmosphere was severely damaged. The nukes also caused earthquakes and tidal waves due to siesmic activity because of the shockwaves. To make things short, nukes f****d up the world, and now it looks somewhat like hell.

The roleplayers are a group of people (teenagers or something?) who are nomads, decendents of the survivors who have lived in the hellish world all of their lives. They walk around, loot any cities or towns they come across, and move on. One day they stumble accross an unfamiliar and strange structure, with wierd runes on it. (Think sorta like the portal from Stargate, or the time gate in Final Fantasy 13 part 2) Accidentaly, they activate it, and a blinding light eminates from the structure. As all smart people do, they walk towards and into the light, and are thrown through time to the present, 2012, with limited time to stop the disaster which caused the future to be ruined.

Alright, thats the basic plot, but as I said, HUGE PLOT HOLES!!! For example, who is the bad guy? Thats my main problem, who is going to destroy the world. And the entire section about the nukes destroying the world and everything can be edited out to _________ destroyed the world because of ____________ and did___________ to destroy it.

Anyways, thats the basic idea. I would put my brain to it and fill the plot holes now, but I am pretty busy with 3 roleplays already and high school at the same time. So maybe this summer? Or maybe late spring, whenever I stop being busy and everything. And maybe get a Co-GM to do it with me, I dont think I'm prepared to totally start my own RP just yet...

So yeah, just some ideas......AND STEALING IS BAD!!!

ME GUSTA! Anyways lol. I like this idea very much, because I'd definitely read something similar to this in a series called TimeRiders, by Alex Scarrow. That kind of concept is really interesting imo, I think I would join :]

If you need any help on the plot, you can ask me anytime :D

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
Years

For the second idea, the part about 'demons being locked away by spirit sacrifice' is similar to LOZ: Spirit Tracks, iirc. But that doesn't matter lol. SO anyways, I'm guessing the RPers will play the people who are taken over by the demons? Definitely good enough. I'll be keeping a watch on this one.
I probably should've made it more clear. The spirits aren't demons, they're legendary/mythical animals that can range from a jackalope to a dragon, or creatures from folklore. For example, in the version I've already created there was an Oni as well as an Okami, both of which I believe are from japanese folklore.
The "demons", if that's what you wanna call them, are creatures of shadow and ice. They don't have vessels, but rather are seeking to destroy the humans that are vessels for the spirits. If I actually end up making it here I'll go into more detail.

Years
Got bored reading everyone's posts about the RPAs, so I decided to count how many times people said "I" in their posts here. Apparently some of you are very self-centered.

Let's go back to RP discussions. Anyone have any ideas for RPs they were/are making? I saw Equinox's idea a bit up, but anyone else got any ideas?
I counted but forgot how many I had. xD

I'm kind of liking the nomination idea so much right now. And I've practically already picked a team of people in my head. Plus I've already kind of thought out a system. If it gets enough support, I might delete the RPAs thread and go ahead with it next month (since march is technically the end of the first quarter). I would start it on the beginning of march then start the judging in mid march.

Keep suggesting ideas guys.

On the topic of roleplays, we recently had a small influx of new members joinin Atlantis Arising. Spots are still open and we'll soon be at a point where we won't be accepting people, so if you're real keen, definitely checks it out, brus.
I still approve, like and prefer the achievements system suggested before. Having a strict criteria already has its own form of competition, plus knowing humans, there can be competitiveness between roleplayers to see how many and how fast people earn those achievements. The only difficult part I see in such a system is to make achievements that are hard and challenging to earn. =3

TiTaN.JuStIn

Fighting the army of Stress...
Years
For a RP, I've had a few in mind that I haven't been able to decide between. All of them at the same time would probably be a bit much.

There is, of course, the possiblity that I'd remake Gladiators with a few plot changes. For those of you who weren't around the when I made this RP, here is a short (and terrible) summary:

Dialga and Celebi get into a fight in Viridian forest. There battle causes a disruption in time, sening many of the surrounding Pokemon back in time a few thousand years to medieval times. In this time, Pokemon are forced to fight to the death in specially made arenas. The Pokemon sent back in time must now find a way to return to their own time.

I have some developments I'd make to the plot, but that's the very basics of it.

My idea I've already used on another forum, so I probably won't use it here unless it gets enough interest. It's called Spirits of Legend, and this is the basic plot:

Millenia ago, when creatures of myth and legend roamed the land, mankind lived in harmony with the world around it. Their peaceful world was disrupted by an evil that threatened to destroy every living thing on the planet. With the help of the legendary beasts man was able to defeat the darkness and lock it away in the farthest reaches of the planet, where its ever lingering presence froze the landscape for all eternity. However, victory came at a cost: the spirits of the mythical beasts that locked away the darkness were also sealed, only to return if the shadows were to somehow escape. That day has finally come. The ancient evil has breached the seal, and even know the beings of darkness are preparing to destroy this world. The spirits of legend are stirring, seeking out vessels worthy of their might. These vessels will receive a portion of the spirit's powers, as well as the ability to change into the spirit's true form. They don't have much time to prepare; darkness is on the rise.

My final RP idea is based around a book I'm writing, and would somewhat be to help me get over writer's block and decide on a few elements of the story, as well as for enjoyment. The name I'm thinking to use for it is Mystland: The Lost Guardian. I'm still working on building a plot for this one, but this is what I'm thinking of:

In recent years, there has been an increase in kidnappings all over the world. The truth behind these kidnappings is that scientists are collecting test sujects and stowing them away to a land lost in time: Mystland. In this land, creatures only seen in fiction, and many never even heard of, roam wild, untouched by man except for the recent influence of the scientists. The scientists are taking advantage of the powers these creatures possess, finding ways to insert their traits in the children they kidnapped. Once the scientists made a mistake an enraged an especially dangerous creature, causing it to attack their lab. In the commotion many of the test subjects escaped. They learn from the some of more intelligent natives that the Guardian of Mystland disappeared at about the same time the scientists returned and that ever since then the land has slowly been dying. The escapees, curious and wanting to help - even if only for revenge - agree to help find the lost guardian.

Definitely the third one. It's quite interesting to roleplay as an escapee, I believe. So, an escapee + setting with fictional creatures + super powers = very nice. lol And the gladiators... I remember I wanted to join the RP, but I didn't. Hopefully, I'll join this time.

I had idea about an apocalyptic roleplay that I want to do, although there are some major plot holes that need to be filled before I get serious about anything.

Plot

In the future, hundreds of years after an apocalyptic event destroyed much of the world, making it inhospitable and quite difficult to live. The events hundreds of years ago included mostly nukes when many nations went to war, and the atmosphere was severely damaged. The nukes also caused earthquakes and tidal waves due to siesmic activity because of the shockwaves. To make things short, nukes f****d up the world, and now it looks somewhat like hell.

The roleplayers are a group of people (teenagers or something?) who are nomads, decendents of the survivors who have lived in the hellish world all of their lives. They walk around, loot any cities or towns they come across, and move on. One day they stumble accross an unfamiliar and strange structure, with wierd runes on it. (Think sorta like the portal from Stargate, or the time gate in Final Fantasy 13 part 2) Accidentaly, they activate it, and a blinding light eminates from the structure. As all smart people do, they walk towards and into the light, and are thrown through time to the present, 2012, with limited time to stop the disaster which caused the future to be ruined.

Alright, thats the basic plot, but as I said, HUGE PLOT HOLES!!! For example, who is the bad guy? Thats my main problem, who is going to destroy the world. And the entire section about the nukes destroying the world and everything can be edited out to _________ destroyed the world because of ____________ and did___________ to destroy it.

Anyways, thats the basic idea. I would put my brain to it and fill the plot holes now, but I am pretty busy with 3 roleplays already and high school at the same time. So maybe this summer? Or maybe late spring, whenever I stop being busy and everything. And maybe get a Co-GM to do it with me, I dont think I'm prepared to totally start my own RP just yet...

So yeah, just some ideas......AND STEALING IS BAD!!!

This is a good RP too. Any RP related to timetravelling and changing the past sounds cool to me. So, basically, this Rp, in my opinion, would be great. Of course if the plot holes are filled.

Btw, is anybody interested in a Real Life/Pokemon crossover journey RP. I know it sounds complicated, but 'better try than do nothing' they say.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years

In recent years, there has been an increase in kidnappings all over the world. The truth behind these kidnappings is that scientists are collecting test sujects and stowing them away to a land lost in time: Mystland. In this land, creatures only seen in fiction, and many never even heard of, roam wild, untouched by man except for the recent influence of the scientists. The scientists are taking advantage of the powers these creatures possess, finding ways to insert their traits in the children they kidnapped. Once the scientists made a mistake an enraged an especially dangerous creature, causing it to attack their lab. In the commotion many of the test subjects escaped. They learn from the some of more intelligent natives that the Guardian of Mystland disappeared at about the same time the scientists returned and that ever since then the land has slowly been dying. The escapees, curious and wanting to help - even if only for revenge - agree to help find the lost guardian.

I'd have to say the first and the second. The ability to choose between one of several mythic creatures, from all over the world, is pretty damn sweet. Insta-join!

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
@Titan: Immediately I think of something similar to Dystopia. I'm interested, to say the least. I would want to know more, though.

Would there be guns? Would the characters be real people? (In Dystopia you actually played yourself, for example) What would the maturity level be? Would the RP be competiive in nature? Would it be the usual group RP with an inflexible posting order?

@Everyone: Guys, I will probably be submitting the post apocolyptic roleplay I've been working on tonight.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Well, its that time of year again where I post a journey RP... tell me what you guys think. (but I'm not posting it anytime soon.)

(and yes, its the same medieval RP that I've been working on since last year, and I've fallen in love with Rika's format, so I've used it~~)

And yeah, its kinda not done yet since I'm still editting a lot of things, and working on the plot and sign ups and stuff, but tell me what you think anyway~ :3

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
It looks spectacular, Shawn~ Sorry I won't have time to join it, unless it takes quite a while until its up.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Thanks! But of course it'll be for a long while~~

I'm having too much fun with Arcanum~ :3

I want to be a player in Arcanum as well xD Nah, that wouldn't work well, perhaps.

Anyways, I've thought up a story for a digimon/pokémon crossover. I'm so totally into digimon right now so I want to post it. But I shall not. I shall not spread out too much, it's bad enough that we're both here and on EGC xD

By the way... has anyone got any idea of where MichaelaTheUchiha and Nakuzami went away to?

Last edited:

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024

I want to be a player in Arcanum as well xD Nah, that wouldn't work well, perhaps.

Anyways, I've thought up a story for a digimon/pokémon crossover. I'm so totally into digimon right now so I want to post it. But I shall not. I shall not spread out too much, it's bad enough that we're both here and on EGC xD

By the way... has anyone got any idea of where MichaelaTheUchiha and Nakuzami went away to?

I don't really know about MichaelaTheUchiha, but Nakuzami's computer broke down. He occasionally visits FB through his phone lol.

@Miss Doronjo: I always liked Ye Pokebeasts Journeye when it had come up some time back. :3 Unfortunately I felt that I wouldn't be able to RP in a setting like that xD

Also, I just noticed a small typo, you seem to have misspelled Prologue as "prolouge"

Dawn

Years
@DeepImpact: Nakuzumi actually asked me to let him know when my Pokemon apocolypse RP came out. o-o; Perhaps I should ask you a favor in passing it on to him?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
To anyone who might be affected or cares, I have exams coming up so I'll be less active over the next 2-3 weeks.

Heh... normally I'm more active than usual when it's time for exams though xD Since I'm not in school as much. Buuuut I'll try to study and not hang around RPing too much :3

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
To anyone who might be affected or cares, I have exams coming up so I'll be less active over the next 2-3 weeks.

Heh... normally I'm more active than usual when it's time for exams though xD Since I'm not in school as much. Buuuut I'll try to study and not hang around RPing too much :3

Haha, same here. I tend to be more active during these days before the major exams lol. Since I skip school these days I like to remain online more xD

I'll get more time to work on my posts now YAY! :DDD

Dawn

Years
For all those interested, my new RP's OOC/SU thread has just been accepted: Pokemon Fallout.

To exerpt the thread:

We're a post-apocalyptic, sandbox'ish style pokemon roleplay set in the Sinnoh region that takes a few numbers from Pokemon Reburst rather than using the traditional systems. Interested to know more? Read the plot!~

Since there's probably several people that haven't read Reburst allow me to explain. In Pokemon Fallout "trainers" (Who aren't actually called that anymore) fuse with pokemon spirits, taking on some of the features and powers of the pokemon they fuse with instead of catching them in pokeballs and commanding them around.

Aaand for your further convenience? Here's...

The Plot
Spoiler:

and...

Who You Would Play
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
You may notice the RPAs disappeared. Don't be alarmed! I've decided to go ahead with dealing with the RPAs a different way. If you want the contents of your old post back for the new thread that will be up soon, please do tell me and I'll PM it to you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back