• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

UU team help.

NirvanaNerd

Porygon Virus
Years
I'm new to this forum and to competitive Pokemon in general. I just need some help building a decent UU team to start off with. I have a few Pokemon ev trained and (for the most part) ready to go.

Chandelure @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
Nature: Modest
EVs: 252 SpA/4 SpD/252 Spe
-Shadow Ball
-Fire Blast
-Energy Ball
-Substitute

This is just a standard Smogon set I saw and I thought it was pretty nice. They recommended Pain Split over Energy Ball if you're running Life Orb so I was considering opting for the safe Leftovers.

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Download
Nature: Modest
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 SpA
-Tri Attack
-Discharge
-Ice Beam
-Recover

Another standard Smogon set. I just like the Porygon family in general and wanted a good tank. I ran Discharge over Thunderbolt for the better Paralysis chance. Nothing else to say.

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
Nature: Careful
EVs: 188 HP/104 Def/216 SpD
-Curse
-Body Slam
-Crunch
-Rest

My awesome new RetroLax (or CurseLax). Acts as my special wall at the moment. I know it seems almost redundant since I'm running an Eviolite Porygon2 (seeing as how they're both Normal-type bulky Pokemon) but I thought could counter any Fighting-type switch-ins with Chandelure and possibly Sub up. Let me know what you think.

Flygon @ Choice Scarf/Choice Band
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 Atk/4 SpD/252 Spe
-Earthquake
-U-turn
-Stone Edge
-Dragon Claw

An almost standard Flygon set. The Choice Scarf is obvious but I thought of going for the Choice Band to do some more damage. The move set is what it is because I ran out of options. I can't get Outrage or Fire Punch on him without the Black/White2 move tutors.

Hitmontop @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
Nature: Impish
EVs: 252 HP/104 Atk/152 Def
-Close Combat
-Rapid Spin
-Stone Edge
-Toxic

Another "almost" standard set. I wanted a good spinner and he seemed like a good one. Stone Edge over Sucker Punch only because I don't have a way to get Sucker Punch on him. And I chose Toxic because I didn't really want a wasted move slot in case the opponent has no ghosts at all. Also he has the 104 Attack EVs because I couldn't get him to evolve into Hitmontop without them if that makes sense.

I definitely need some team structure help here. Thanks for any input!

Last edited by a moderator:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
While Snorlax is rather good, it might have to be replaced by something like Roserade; like you said, having Snorlax is redundant with Porygon2:
-Spikes
-Giga Drain
-Sludge Bomb
-Synthesis/Rest
Nature: Calm
EVs: 252 HP/120 Def/136 SDef
Item: Leftovers/Black Sludge
Ability: Natural Cure

or
-Leaf Storm
-Sludge Bomb
-Hidden Power (Ice/Fire)/Rest
-Sleep Powder
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252 SAtk/4 SDef/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure

When you get B2/W2, you can use EV-reducing berries to fix up Hitmontop's EV spread.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Not much to say here that PD hasn't already except that if you're opting for max SpAtk on Porygon2, just go with Thunderbolt. The set is obviously a bulky tank, but I'd spring for what will benefit you more. Besides, Hitmontop is a partial utility already since it runs a crippling move in Toxic.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Perhaps you might try Slowking to mitigate the Ice/Water weakness your team has?

Slowking (F) @ Leftovers Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 12 Atk / 248 Def
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Scald
- Dragon Tail
- Thunder Wave
- Slack Off

Defensive set will greatly help balance your offenses.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Aren't they both UU in Gen 5?

That's right. Slowbro is better off in UU than Slowking is because it can check Fighting Pokemon better:
-Scald
-Psyshock/Fire Blast
-Thunder Wave/Toxic
-Slack Off
Nature: Bold
EVs: 240 HP/252 Def/16 SAtk
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator

or
-Calm Mind
-Scald
-Psyshock/Fire Blast