• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue

gucci
Years
We had N's Castle in BW which was where he resided so it would be kinda doing the same routine again, maybe there could be one for decoration purposes that you could explore in 3D and look out over the region from the rooftop.

Years
  • Seen Jun 24, 2013
what if the leader of the evil team was a rich and respected man or woman. this way it is almost like a mystery and it wouldn't be so oveus like in BW.

P.S. maybe he could even be your ali up until you find out his secret.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
We had N's Castle in BW which was where he resided so it would be kinda doing the same routine again, maybe there could be one for decoration purposes that you could explore in 3D and look out over the region from the rooftop.

Hm... what about something like a department store from the previous games? Then you'd be able to look at all the buildings and get a great view of things? Something more like the Celedon Department Store in HG/SS?

blue

gucci
Years
I thought Colosseum had a great storyline, so to incorporate a similar scenario into a mainstream handheld Pokemon game would be pretty cool IMO. It could take place after the events that occurred in Colosseum, kind of like a sequel.

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
That was my first empresion after watching the traillor. But I'm pretty sure it will be genetics. Think abou t it, they could make use of the DNA splicers if it is genetics.

What DNA splicers…? I never noticed them, ever!

Exactly. I wonder what the evil team will be like? And what their name is?

I'm reserving the name of 'Team Vortex' for a fan game that I'm working on but hope to actually publish! I can try, can't I? 'Aeonn' region, here I come!!!

Last edited:

Guy

just a guy
Years
What DNA splicers…? I never noticed them, ever!
The DNA Splicers is a key item found in B2W2. It's what the player uses to merge Kyurem with either Reshiram or Zekrom to form White Kyurem or Black Kyurem. If it's brought back in X and Y, I doubt they'll change its main use for anything more despite the apparent theme in DNA / genetics.

Last edited:

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
Although personally I would have preferred the dimensions/coordinates theory; the more and more we go along, the more I learn towards DNA/genetics.

ehh, does anybody know when get more news?

Guy

just a guy
Years
Although personally I would have preferred the dimensions/coordinates theory; the more and more we go along, the more I learn towards DNA/genetics.

ehh, does anybody know when get more news?
Hopefully early next week, around the 12th, new scans from this month's CoroCoro issue will be leaked online. I'm really looking forward to what may be on them this time around!

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
Hopefully early next week, around the 12th, new scans from this month's CoroCoro issue will be leaked online. I'm really looking forward to what may be on them this time around!

Hopefully we see legit new pokemon haha I'm anticipating the rodent/bird families

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I look forward to the evil team despite what I said on twitter of chances that there might not be an evil team :x

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I dunno yet but given how it's been going lately of the changed patterns idk they could just shock is! Nevertheless in BW it was revealed around late August so maybe around then??

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
hmm, no evil team eh? Interesting concept but what would be the plot then?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
That would make the rivals the main antagonists (as in the literary term not saying they're evil or anything.)
I'm hoping for more players in this game plot as in more than one team. We could have three evil teams who rule over one third of the region and are fighting one another for the whole. The last team standing could depend on the starter you pick like team X(using letter as place holder) for Froakie, team Y for Fennekin, and Z Green for Chespin.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
I suspect CoroCoro will have the protags and the region, no actually I have no doubt that won't be shown. Something tells me that all 9 months will be used for slow but steady and oh so meaningful info. Something like what is to follow. As a note, 2-3 new Pokemon is a mandatory reveal, and in the end alongside with all of this we shall likely have 30 or so new Pokemon as per previous generations:
February-New Movie 16 Pokemon, Protag's, and region. These 3 are usually the base info along side the starters, and seeing how starters+legendaries(which are usually June info instead of April/May when it comes to gen 4/5 reveals) have already been given, the only thing left now is the basis.
March-Pokedex, Pokedevice, Battle changes. After covering the basics to the games when it comes to characters, we start to get into how everything works. The pokedex will get a feature as I suspect a huge reworking of it compared to the limp BW changes outside of the habitat list, the Pokedevice will get a small introduction with basic features outlined. Battle Changes would be whatever the new feature with bonding is, and we might get hints of other changes through screens.
April-Online bits and pieces, coverage of some sort of spinoff that works with the games.
May-Evil Team, more bits of the game that have changed, as the roller skates, more info on the bonding feature.
June-Media Blowout. Not too many things revealed, but thanks to E3 the majority of info will be here.

July,August, September, October will be about covering various characters, Professor, Gym Leaders, Rival, what not. Maybe some more features, but the gist of what changes we will get will all come in the upcoming months instead. Perhaps Battle Tower and such as well in these months.I feel there is much to be revealed compared to previous generations, even DP, and that the 10 month wait is justified by a deluge of info we will get each month, that might not even scratch much of the games surface. And I really hope the region gets revealed this month, it would be the ultimate driving force behind speculation, and could work for them brilliantly.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
If they show the region soon I imagine they will cover parts of it like they did with Johto (remakes) and Unova's map as to not reveal everything in the games.

Years
  • Seen Jun 24, 2013
or instead there could be a world cricus that effects everyone. it is like caused by the lkegendaries. so its up to you to say the world.:]

Guy

just a guy
Years
If they show the region soon I imagine they will cover parts of it like they did with Johto (remakes) and Unova's map as to not reveal everything in the games.
Dissecting a new region's map is one of my favorite parts about speculation. There's a lot of discussion and ideas that comes out of it. So I hope they do reveal it in this month's CoroCoro. It would make sense to do so after all. I mean, how can you get hyped about where you're going, if you don't even know where you're going in the first place, right?

Plus, if I recall correctly, the region usually gets revealed early on. So, fingers crossed.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
It indeed does. DP,Pt,HGSS,BW, and B2W2 all have had their region map revealed in the second info month after the first info month. B2W2 is the anomaly, as in that B2W2 was revealed in a weird way, and nothing but art for the mascots was revealed, and as such March was the first info month and April the second. Not to mention XY has given us the starters as well, which usually are revealed cocurrently with the protag's and region.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back