• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 5, 2014
Sorry if I'm posting this on the wrong thread (I'm new), but does anyone know where I can find a Chansey or Blissey in Light Platinum? Thanks.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 21, 2017
The Scyther that I got from trading didn't evolve into Scizor. I am using the plus version.

Rayquaza65

The Dragon Master
Years
Satoshi Ookami

Cyclone is supposed to be working on catching bugs while doing walkthrough before he gives it to me for bug fixing.

i saw in a thread that u were in charge of bug fixing for LP.
so there r these minor bugs ::

in the starting dream, in the top left of the distortion world the tiles are displaced
in the safari zone, in the field zone in the top most grass areas & also to the top right the game gets stuck.
in the surf(water) areas, whenever a pokemon uses surf, its sprite is shown as a Sharpedo, and that is kinda awkward that i use a Feraligatr and i see a sharpedo -_-

Happy to help, plzz fix these as soon as possible :D

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 11, 2014
The Scyther that I got from trading didn't evolve into Scizor. I am using the plus version.
The plus version changed how scyther evolves now it evolves by leveling up to 21 go to page 356 for a full list of evolution changes.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Dec 6, 2015
Ok so my game freezes when I'm in Mt Draken and Percy from Team Steam is about to catch Arceus, when he stops talking the game just freezes, music just continues on, but the screen doesn't respond to anything. My game has been working fine until now. Someone please help?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Satoshi Ookami

i saw in a thread that u were in charge of bug fixing for LP.
so there r these minor bugs ::

in the starting dream, in the top left of the distortion world the tiles are displaced
in the safari zone, in the field zone in the top most grass areas & also to the top right the game gets stuck.
in the surf(water) areas, whenever a pokemon uses surf, its sprite is shown as a Sharpedo, and that is kinda awkward that i use a Feraligatr and i see a sharpedo -_-

Happy to help, plzz fix these as soon as possible :D
I once again confirm that I received those screenies but I still need to wait for Cyclone who was kinda... inactive these days =D

Years
Hi, I just discovered this hack and I've loved the brief time I spent playing it but I want to make a few personal changes to it...
Except the rom doesn't load in any hacking tool. I downloaded the IPS file and the pre-patched ROM and the patched ROM works on A-Map and Advanced Sprite Editor but as soon as I make changes the rom breaks and I get a white screen when I load it on VBA (I have tried literally everything to fix this).
When I patch Ruby with the IPS file it no longer loads on any hack tool (works on VBA) because the program doesn't recognise the rom so it comes up with an .ini error.

Has anyone attempted to edit the hacked ROM in advance map?
Is there a way to replace some of the Pokémon without breaking the game?
I only really want to make a few tweaks with the maps (Safari zone) but I wish to change the wild Pokémon in a lot of places.

I suspect it may have something to do with the 16mb size. Is there a simple way to expand the rom to 32mb? I've done it before but it sort of happened automatically.
Thanks!

Rayquaza65

The Dragon Master
Years
I once again confirm that I received those screenies but I still need to wait for Cyclone who was kinda... inactive these days =D

Ok. tnx.
i tried editing the map of the dream world in advance map
but still the bug isn't getting fixed.
i totally removed tiles and added plain tiles but still no use

Has anyone attempted to edit the hacked ROM in advance map?
Is there a way to replace some of the Pokémon without breaking the game?
I only really want to make a few tweaks with the maps (Safari zone) but I wish to change the wild Pokémon in a lot of places.

yes, wally. I tried editing it in advance map and it worked without fail.
i think there is some sort of problem with ur rom getting the white screen error.
in the emulator go to OPTIONS>EMULATOR>SAVETYPE> and change it from flash 64k to flash 128k.
this is the fix for white screen error :15:

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Apr 28, 2014
Hey guys, I started playing this hack and I have a question. I got a swinub and I want to train him but I'm afraid I won't be able to level him up to mamoswine, so where do I get ancientpower in this hack? Thanks!

Years
yes, wally. I tried editing it in advance map and it worked without fail.
i think there is some sort of problem with ur rom getting the white screen error.
in the emulator go to OPTIONS>EMULATOR>SAVETYPE> and change it from flash 64k to flash 128k.
this is the fix for white screen error :15:
Didn't even occur to me that the Ruby Rom might be corrupt, despite receiving several error messages stating this. I already had the right settings on VBA.

Downloaded the hack from coolroms and it now works properly so thanks anyway!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 14, 2016
Does anybody know how to get volt tackle in this hack cause the light ball breeding didn't work for me

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 20, 2014
Hello,

I am new to this community but I need help. I forgot to get the alpha tablet in Team Steams HQ and now they are all blocking the entrance and won't talk. What do I have to do? I can't figure it out at all.

ericu01

Blue Water, Blue Sky
Years
Should I be using the Plus or Normal versions? Thanks!

Depends on what feature will cater you the most. Normal version contains the full game fortunately, with translation fix. Plus version provides fixed cries, new moves, (without new animations what a bummer) swapped pokemon and more. apparently, bugs are on both but using any of them would be fine.

Hey guys, I started playing this hack and I have a question. I got a swinub and I want to train him but I'm afraid I won't be able to level him up to mamoswine, so where do I get ancientpower in this hack? Thanks!

Such kind of evolution methods are not implemented in a rom hack. I would say it will evolve via leveling up or stones, although the latter is illogical.

Does anybody know how to get volt tackle in this hack cause the light ball breeding didn't work for me

Another way would be Sharking. Also, why would you want to use volt tackle in the first place? Pikachu has mediocre sp. attack to use it favorably and would sustain serious damage from recoil.

Hello,

I am new to this community but I need help. I forgot to get the alpha tablet in Team Steams HQ and now they are all blocking the entrance and won't talk. What do I have to do? I can't figure it out at all.

You might want to resort onto some rom editing program to move the steam grunts and re-access Team Steam HQ.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 20, 2014
You might want to resort onto some rom editing program to move the steam grunts and re-access Team Steam HQ.

How do I do this? I don't really know much about programming or anything. I just like playing the games :)

WhatDoesTheFoxSays

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 12, 2014
This Pokemon Light Platinum isn't working on gpsp? because i tried to play on it but it's not responding and white screen only.

AriaOfTheStar

Fuuka-type Trainer
Years
Can someone help me? I've beaten the 5th Lauren leader and I still don't have Dig. Also, is there another department store other than the one in DrakeBreath City? Nice hack BTW Snake.

Can someone help me? I've beaten the 5th Lauren leader and I still don't have Dig. Also, is there another department store other than the one in DrakeBreath City? Nice hack BTW Snake.
Now I feel stupid. You get Dig after the 6TH gym. You get Focus Punch or FireBlow after the 5th gym.

Does anybody know where to get a Duskull? I can't find one at all. And some of the towns in Lauren won't register as Fly spots. Is that purposeful or a bug?

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 27, 2014
I'm currently experiencing a game breaking hack.

It doesn't allow me to progess, since it freezes everytime I face a specific trainer. I will try to post the video soon. I'm programmed to Lauren (using GS but that shouldn't matter), and same point the game freezes.

I'm going to recreate it, and upload, and hopefully someone can help me figure out the problem, or give me the walk through wall code so I can walk around this trainer, and then see if it is only that specific trainer.

Back