• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Ailment Do You Hate Most

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
Definitely confusion through all of my Pokemon Games. My opponent needs just one small hit to die and here I am with my Pokemon slowly killing itself >:|. Usually my Pokemon hit themselves 200 times or something during one battle :P.

Pokemon_Trainer_Danny

Slateport resident
Years
Confusion and infatuation are both merely annoying, because it's easy to get rid of. You change your Pokémon, confusion or infatuation gone!

Poison, paralysis and sleep are my most hated status ailments. Poison lingers after battle, and if you haven't got an Antidote with you, you'll either be using Potions to keep your Pokémon alive, or it just faints. Paralysis is just like confusion an infatuation, but more powerful. It lingers after battle, and it cuts your Pokémon's speed. I think sleep is my single most hated ailment. I'm fighting a strong Pokémon, and my Pokémon falls asleep. And you'd think it would be shook awake after taking a hit, but no... even a Hyper Beam won't wake you up! Before your Pokémon wakes up in battle, it might already have fainted.

So, sleep is definetly my most hated status ailment.

Blue Emerald

One of life's great mysteries
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 15, 2022
Confusion. I always get a little annoyed whenever I see "It hurt itself in its confusion!" I seem to get the worst luck with it, too.

poke-world

Banned
Years
  • Seen Nov 21, 2012
The others suck too, but there's nothing worse than being incapable of doing anything for me because your Pokémon is too attracted to the other to move.

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Jan 29, 2013
All of them annoy me, but I think Confusion annoys me the most, 'cause it always seems to happen to me when I'm so close to winning! Also, Flinching is annoying as well, although I love it when it happens to someone I'm battling haha.

The Works

Omochikaeri!
Years
I hate Confusion, Sleep, and Infatuation the most. Confusion is just plain annoying and I feel like throwing the DS down when someone uses Supersonic or it says: "It hurt itself in its confusion!"

Sleep is just annoying when I get afflicted, but even more annoying when I put another Poké to sleep. My Pokémon sleeps for like 5 turns, but the foe sleeps for even less when I afflict it.

Infatuation is really annoying, particularly when Audino training. I'm unable to attack most of the time, and the Pokémon that used Attract takes advantage by torturing my Pokémon. But one thing I'm really glad about is that there are male Audinos, because my Black team is mostly male.

Apricots

Cream Puff
Years
Poison, mainly because it affects them outside battle too and gives this horrible sense or urgency to get to a Center before they faint.
Plus I hate the overworld effect and sound.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 11, 2012
Confusion, Infatuation, and Flinching because the A.I. always cheats with it. Let me use those attacks and they shrug them off.

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
Years
Well sweeties, I definitely hate Paralyze and Confusion.

For Paralyze, not only it cuts your speed, but there's a 25% chance of not attacking, which makes it annoying.

For Confusion, it seems that it will always hit itself and will never snap out of confusion. It's so aggravating.

RivalGator

I hate them all.
Years
I hate burns. It always cripples me. I hate confusion too, because it's more annoying than anything. For some reason, poison never really does much to me though. Oh, and infatuation... Oh my god I hate that move.

Years
I definitely have to go with Infatuation... especially after all the struggles I've had against Whitney. Second to that would definitely be the lucky poisons some wild Pokemon seem to get all the time...

Bobbylicious

Banned
Years
Infatuation definitely. Isn't it meant to have a 50/50 chance or something?
Whenever I have it I have like a 1/4 chance of hitting it's so irritating!

Back