• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Borderlands - This ain't no place for no hero

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
@Yukiyo Kayume: I love Axton's quirkiness and calling his turret his girlfriend. XD; My commando is still about level 36. Where is my teammate? Ozzy? ):

In UVHM, I'm level 53 now with my Siren. Although I found one good level 52 E-tech slag SMG, I'm barely finding any good loot. I'm still using all of my level 50 legendary weapons. I dunno how long I can take it before I need new gear. Even the smallest of enemies take so long to kill. >.<

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
I AM GOING TO LIST MY LEGENDARIES AND MY PEARLESCENTS and then talk about how I'm taking on UVHM! Horray!

Legendaries and Pearlescents
Spoiler:

Okay that was fun.

Anyway! About UVHM - I've found that playing as a Siren is faaaaaar more effective than I imagined, but I'm kinda totally reliant on Phaselock. Right now, I'm set up with a full elemental set of weapons; a Slag (51%) Vladof Sniper, a Corrosive Hyperion Shotgun, a Shock Rubi, and a Fire Plasma Caster along with a quick-charge Absorb Shield, the Storm Front, a 34% Cooldown Relic, and a Class Mod giving me +6 Suspension, +5 Reaper and 18% cooldown. Those, along with 5 points invested into Quicken, mean a seriously fast cool down; a total rate increase of 82%. Not literally, though, due to diminishing returns. But anyway! I also keep the Maggie, the Shock Kiss of Death and the Unforgiven (which I'm still testing out) in my backpack most of the time. I'm wanting to get hold of a Slagga at some stage, using it over the current Sniper, and I want to replace the Shotgun with a Corrosive Sniper.

My cooldown probably takes ~8 seconds at this point, which is really nice due to how I've specced up Phaselock - Converge, Chain Reaction and Ruin. The idea is to be able to regularly mass-slag enemies, due to how Slag is now king, and hit them all at once with Ruin's area of effect alongside Chain Reaction's projectile deflection. Coupled with the Storm Front, which damages enemies in a large area and is hugely effective against enemies clustered by Converge, this results in seriously high DPS for a build that's essentially total crowd control. It also allows me to heal very quickly, too; the sheer number of enemies hit in this way means that just by drawing Rubi I'm able to recover all of my health in a few seconds flat, even less when factoring in Storm Front and the fact that I can continue shooting slagged targets with Rubi, almost unresisted due to its Shock typing. Sweet Release allows for even more health regeneration if the phaselocked target dies.

All-in-all, the build's working very well for me. It lets me mass-slag and cause steady damage to counteract the new health regeneration, and gives me the option to hide and restore health or get some serious killing going.

I'm considering investing further skill points into Kinetic Reflection, giving me even greater crowd control when taking on groups of phaselocked enemies due to them dying very quickly, and considering swapping my class mod for the Legendary one. On one hand, it works nicely with this build; it grants me a 38% cooldown increase, bringing the total to 102%, as well as overall boosted gun damage and higher movement speed when phaselocking. It also boosts Accelerate and Ward, giving me both a higher damage output and better shields. However, my current class mod offers me an extra 6 points in Suspension, making it easier for me to hold Ultimate Badass enemies still and gives me more chance to induce Sweet Release, as well as added Kinetic Reflection time, and 5 points to Reaper which is just a generally broken skill. So, I'm not sure of which to go with here. At first, the Legendary Siren sounds a much better option, but... I'm not so sure, really. Advice? :D

edit: I've been a'looting! Updated my legendaries list. My bank is now full so I've a few things up for grabs, if anyone wants them; a Lv8 Hellfire, Lv41 Transformer, Lv33 Veruc along with some level 50 unique and rare items. Anyone interested? I'll just be selling them otherwise.
edit 2: i farm too hard

Last edited:

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
Years
i love this game

I've had Borderlands 2 for Xbox 360 since early-January, and I don't think I've played and enjoyed a game as much before. Currently, I've got a Level 37 Siren, and I only defeated the Warrior around 24 hours ago (it gave me the Flakker; worst legendary weapon in existence 9.9) and I'm going through all the TVHM story missions and leaving the sides till after I defeat the Warrior a few times and eventually reach Level 50 (so then all the missions scale up and give me something decent). I haven't bothered making a "build" yet; I've just performed full investments into the Harmony skill tree because I feel that survival of the fittest is one of the main priorities of this game (you can't be dying every two seconds with Hyperion taking 7% of your funds off of you every death), but in the foreseeable future I'll probably just look up a build that caters to my playstyle and use that (I'm not formulating my own build).

In the loot department, I'm going terribly; as previously mentioned the legendary I got off of the Warrior was utterly dreadful and I honestly don't want to spend another five minutes killing the Warrior only to discover that I've either gotten nothing or another Flakker. I'm barely finding anything above white, and due to this I'm always surviving by the skin of my teeth (I imagine a lot about how I would have survived if I had gone Cataclysm or something similar). In my first playthrough, I picked up a Baby Maker that carried me through almost the entirety of the remainder of the game (thanks Mad Dog!) but that had to be sold very soon into TVHM... as did all of my other weapons, sadly. Still, I'm hopeful that as I progress further into the game, I'll reap my rewards for my ever-thinning patience towards the weapons generator.

I do have another playthrough: a Level 13 Mechromancer. I find her to be a pretty nice character to play (Deathtrap dominates when you invest enough into Little Big Trouble and I'm considering spending some points into Best Friends Forever pretty soon), but I'm not very far into the game and I'm still finding my feet in terms of loot (almost all of my weapons are white and green T_T). I aim to finish the first playthrough with her by the end of the school holidays, but chances are I'll just get distracted by my TVHM Siren.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
So awhile ago I thought I'll go buy bl and see if I liked it since I wanted to buy more games for my PS3. I absolutely love this game now :D As soon as bl2 comes out with GOTY edition I'm buying it too. Playing co-op with friends is so much fun too. I still have yet to find a legendary gun though :(

Reactions: EB

TY

I also got BL1 for PS3 cause the person above me convinced me to buy it (curses xD, JK)
I love playing this game, and its the only game (besides a other game) i play on my PS3 often.

I enjoy playing Co-op with friends (especially with that person THAT SHOVE ME OFF A CLIFF AND MADE ME LOSE 300,000!!!!)

I got loads of legendary guns, but i yet have to find a pearscelent one...

TwilightBlade

Years
@ShadowE: Ahhh I remember when I joined a random game and the driver drove everyone off the cliff... x(

@Iloveeevee: Keep playing! There is an awesome chest near the final boss and a save point (unless if they changed it since). That's how I found most of my legendaries in BL1.

@Aurora: Aww no love for the Flakker! </3 I don't really like it, but it has its fans. :P I think solo Siren benefits more from the Cataclysm tree for its pure damage. I struggled a lot in TVHM with a healing Siren on my own, haha. However, I still think a lot of the skills under Cata suck. Helios and Cloud Kill barely deteriorate enemies, and a fire-boosted melee or fire shots in FFYL are not helpful when I'm facing robots for half of the game. Also, most enemies have RESIST when I use elements in TVHM. D:! Play around with some different builds, maybe do some runs through Bloodshot Stronghold and see if you like your new skill-set.

@Razor Leaf: Those midgets had friends and families! Nice haul, there. I like using my bladed Hellfire or fire Plasma Caster, Corrosive Lyuda/Infinity, the Storm for giggles since I like the shock orbs, and Badaboom rocket launcher for quick Second Winds. I also like to switch out the Storm and use my Presence SMG, as while it's Hyperion and non-elemental, it has a nice skin. The tight accuracy helps when I'm in FFYL, too. I often use a 35% Cooldown relic to get my Phaselock charged within 8 seconds. I'll need the instant revive when playing with 4 people. I also have an E-tech relic that boosts max health, SMG ammo, and sniper rifle ammo by about 48%. I'm using a shock-resistant Bee shield now. The damage is too too impressive to forgo survivability! I can't dent most grunts without having the Bee, even if I use my slag orb. :/ For Grenade Mods, I switch between the Bonus Package for raw damage and the Storm Front to disable shields when I'm not carrying a shock weapon.

I had two points in Kinetic Reflection, but most of the time, the creatures were attacking me rather than bandits. I got rid of it.

I found my first legendary drop from the loot midgets today. It's a level 59 Rapid Infinity. I'm level 61 now... Oh well, it's still a very killer gun.

I haven't found any Pearls yet. A random player gave me 5 level 56 Pearlescents. It's good to note that this same guy spit out like, fifty legendary items when we were chilling in Sanctuary, lmao.
Bearcat (Fire)
Unforgiven
Butcher (Corrosive)
Storm (Shock)
Stalker (Corrosive)

List of all the legendary items I have, although most were obtained through friends/donators on Borderlands forum or online random public lobbies.
Spoiler:

TY

I tried to kill Crawmerax the invincible on BL1... But so far its scaring me to get up that elevator and face a gigantic, lvl 72 (since im lvl 69 with Roland) crab beast that kills me in a matter of seconds... Any helpful strategies for it?

TwilightBlade

Years
Oh oh oh, a website was offering BL2 at a discount price of $9.99 for PC so now I have it on Steam!

@ShadowE: No clue. I've never faced him. My highest level character in BL1 is a level 50 Siren. Maybe check out the Borderland forums or Youtube?

Today, I cleared the entire Hammerlock DLC and Captain Scarlett DLC in one sitting.

Hammerlock -
Super. short. What a waste of money if anyone buys this individually. I completed the story missions in like, 90 minutes. The professor guy was unbelievably annoying as he tries to antagonize you while you're 'hunting game' I guess. I dunno, I wasn't impressed by the creatures. The witch doctors and savages are interesting opponents, as they cast spells to power up the latter. Very predictable plot - you make your way to the professor's hideout, kill his secret weapon of last resort, and loot his ship. I found one purple out of like, 15 chests.

Scarlett -
I've played this a bit before, but I liked the part where you fight Roscoe. Scarlett is kinda cute, but obviously is gonna stab you in the back, lol. She did murder others or ask you to murder others. My 3 co-op partners and I quickly beat the Leviathan. One teammate bolted for the secret treasure chest and looted that. The rest of us ran for the 10 or so chests, and I saw a Pearlescent sniper rifle in a chest. My backpack was 34/33 full, I tossed out two items, and the sniper rifle was gone. I saw it in one dude's hands, but he immediately left. He didn't respond to my messages, either. :B Really bummed I couldn't get my one Pearl. The other two said they found a legendary in a chest. Both dropped their entire backpacks, all legendary/pink/purple/blue items and dashboard'd out of the game. :D I'm still sorting through all the cool stuff.

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
Years
Oh oh oh, a website was offering BL2 at a discount price of $9.99 for PC so now I have it on Steam!

My 3 co-op partners and I quickly beat the Leviathan. One teammate bolted for the secret treasure chest and looted that. The rest of us ran for the 10 or so chests, and I saw a Pearlescent sniper rifle in a chest. My backpack was 34/33 full, I tossed out two items, and the sniper rifle was gone. I saw it in one dude's hands, but he immediately left. He didn't respond to my messages, either. :B Really bummed I couldn't get my one Pearl. The other two said they found a legendary in a chest. Both dropped their entire backpacks, all legendary/pink/purple/blue items and dashboard'd out of the game. :D I'm still sorting through all the cool stuff.

Would you mind telling us what website is offering that deal? :O

Also, that really sucks. This is why whenever I play online with randoms I always make sure I have at least five free slots in my inventory wherever I go, just in case there is any loot that I absolutely want.

I recently started playing again on Ultimate Vault Hunter. Although i'm still at the beginning of the game, i'm surprised with the new enemy variants as well as the amazing drop rates. So far I have never gotten anything lower than blue rarity from opening chests and containers. I haven't run into any pearlescents yet but I hope to sooner or later. I want to get to the end-game to farm Terramorphous, The Warrior, and the "leviathan" chests to see what kind of loot I get.

Years
I've recently bought Borderlands 2 for PS3, and I'm just about to play it, but... Before that, does anyone have any tips for me? :)

Coming from someone who's only beat the game once and hasn't started vault hunter difficulty yet, I think it would depend a lot on your class and your play style. But as with any game it's important to choose a class you intend on having fun with.

Don't spend any of your Golden keys until a higher level imo as the chest rewards are equal to your level at the time. Follow Gearbox Studios on twitter and or follow the Borderlands subreddit as they post key codes at the top of the subreddit when they're updated.

On a seperate note, do any steam players get annoyed that it's not a VAC certified game? I understand the argument that it's not necessarily a competitive game, but I like to know the stuff I've acquired through trade or other means is legitimate just as I do with pokemon.

TwilightBlade

Years
Krieg the Psycho is out today!

I'm currently level 2 with him. :)

@OokamiReki: The site with the sale was Gamersgate, but it was a 24 hour deal. I saw the sale on the official Borderlands forum, so I'll let you know if anyone else ever posts some good discounts.

I found two purples in the chest after Captain Flynt today. Yeah, I have noticed that drop rates improved overall. I only found one purple when looting the Leviathan's chest today. Real bummer. I expected a legendary-pearlescent again. :/

@Miss Doronjo: Awesome! Well, as tempting at it is to go Rambo on crowds, it's best to take cover whenever your shield is depleted. I like being a little cautious (I hate dying and losing my monies!). Some of my favorite guns in the beginning were Torgue assault rifles, Maliwan's sub machine gun's, and Vladof pistols (TMP or Anarchist). Of course, try out anything that you find. Try using purple and blue weapons, even if they're like 4 levels under your level. You can use green weapons for like, 3 levels. You're always "growing out" of your weapons, so be sure to update your gear every couple of levels. White weapons have the lowest-rolled stats. Only use white weapons if you don't have a lot of gear. Sell them for quick cash.

Use this website to find all of the golden keys if you don't want to follow the social media necessarily: http://orcz.com/Borderlands_2:_Golden_Key#Latest_Shift_Codes

@RxErick: What do you mean by VAC? There's no 100% method of finding out a Pokemon is the real deal. There are ways to weed out the bad hacks, though. This is the guide I sometimes look at to figure out when I have a hacked item. http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=249847

Last edited:

Aurora

Years
I started a Gunzerker the other day, just to see if my pre-conceived thoughts held any weight. I didn't disappoint myself, because he's horrible. Sure, there might be more to enjoy when I get him past Level 7, but surely they could have formulated a more imaginative skill than dual-wielding guns? Boring. I'll delete it later; waste of my time.

I've advanced a bit further into the storyline with my TVHM Siren; I've killed Bloodwing, fought my way through the Slab camp, and I'm about to start the Opportunity arc. I've also respecced her! No longer am I under the illusion that healing is better than elemental obliteration; I've been able to cruise through most of the story since investing in Cataclysm. Much easier. To boost my survivability, I'm reinvesting into Harmony. By Level 56, I should have access to Scorn once again.

I've found next to nothing. The most recent Purple I picked up was a Storming Trance, which was a huge help through the Highlands... but not so much in Wildlife Preservation (fortunately, I found one of those Maliwan-barrel Tediore Incendiary SMGs that helped me clear it pretty quickly). I've got a blue Skatergun (which was quickly superceded by a Double Loving Pounder I picked up 10 minutes later) and a few blue Dahl sniper rifles (which just suck). Most of my other stuff is green, but they do their jobs pretty well and I've managed to get by.

TwilightBlade

Years
DLC4 news coming tomorrow. :)

@Aurora.: Oh wow, Sal was a letdown, huh... I found him to be very fun and reliable up until level 51. Maybe I've grown accustomed to just using my Siren. Anyway, I'm a huge fan of anything Maliwan. The Trance SMGs really saved my hind many times before. Hope you have better luck, since today, I found 5 legendary items while killing things with Razor Leaf. IT WAS CRAZY!

The 5 are:
Whisky Tango Foxtrot shield
The Cradle shield
Infinity pistol
Hornet pistol
The Cradle shield

My favorite would be the Infinity because of infinite ammo! It's also shock elemental so it owns just about anything!
7ca0d2f6-c675-43b3-ad6a-7e74b8cee603_zps17ef3fb5.jpg

I've also found two legendaries before while playing with Abnegation.
They are:
Deliverance shotgun
Madhous assault rifle

I love using the Deliverance since mine has fire elemental damage. In the face, skags!
f6ed0f65-4c56-43e2-a340-c0de8fea6d4d_zpse4108447.jpg

Aurora

Years
A week or so ago, after a long and tedious half-an-hour battle with the Warrior, I finally conquered True Vault Hunter Mode with my Siren. Unfortunately, I made the mistake of purchasing the Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode DLC prior to defeating the Warrior, which means the time I can comfortably spend in TVHM is somewhat limited. At the moment, I'm focusing on finding some decent weaponry and I'm attempting to farm for Legendaries (unfortunately, my patience is quite thin and it's jarring having to kill a boss over and over again before your Legendary is received), but I'm wondering whether that's pointless and if I should just skip straight to UVHM. I hear on the grape vine that it's a torturous gauntlet right from the beginning, however, so I'm torn as to what to do. I'm mulling it over, and my limited patience will probably nudge me into getting destroyed by UVHM's difficulty.

I haven't found anything. Nothing. Not a solitary purple or blue pistol. Everything I kill, even those wretched badasses, is just dropping greens over and over again. While greens are, of course, a big step-up from whites (which are utter trash), I'm starting to get very irritated by my horrible luck. Even the weapons chests are throwing green after green after green at me. Seriously?

In other news, once I get enough Microsoft points, I shall be buying Kreig in due course; he looks like a really interesting and fun character to play with. The fact that he immolates himself for your benefit is enough to pull me in. I'll also get DLC4 when I can; hopefully it's a bit better than the last ones, which were a touch boring.

TY

Im getting BL2 for PS3 really soon with my bday closing in (8 days from now) and im way too excited to play it.

I might get confused with classes (idk if there is a class with ammo regen... i love ammo regen since that saves up money) and weapons at first, but it'll be a game i can play for hours long like BL1.

I also found (also with credit to Iloveeevee for raiding the armory and killing Crawmerax together which was a while ago tbh) a pearlescent weapon: ZX100 U Hunter's Jackal. Its a decent weapon (not quite what you would expect from a very rare gun) and i kinda like it too. Still like the Volcano more

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
Im getting BL2 for PS3 really soon with my bday closing in (8 days from now) and im way too excited to play it.

I might get confused with classes (idk if there is a class with ammo regen... i love ammo regen since that saves up money) and weapons at first, but it'll be a game i can play for hours long like BL1.

I also found (also with credit to Iloveeevee for raiding the armory and killing Crawmerax together which was a while ago tbh) a pearlescent weapon: ZX100 U Hunter's Jackal. Its a decent weapon (not quite what you would expect from a very rare gun) and i kinda like it too. Still like the Volcano more
That pearlescent took forever to find D: Still haven't found another one since, even though I've raided the armory more and killed Crawmerax some. I do have tons of legendaries and the game keeps giving me more. So many legendaries I expect one in every chest and from every badass now lol (which most of the time I do get a legendary from)

I ended up buying BL2 a few weeks ago although I haven't played it much since I've been busy with PC related stuff and I got distracted by Assassin's Creed 2 lol Planning to play it soon since new DLC is being released. The DLC with Tiny Tina looks really awesome and I can't wait to play it :D Then also Krieg looks like loads of fun. The intro vid I saw of it made me want to buy it asap even though I haven't completed my current playthrough with Maya yet D:

Reactions: EB

TY

Recently got BL2 on PS3 and im lvl 22-24 with Salvador. So far i've only played on my own (exception of a mere 30 mins with EV) and i havent got anything thats rare but i got some decent weapons atm...

Also i have a gambling problem on that game xD

Back