• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokemon Trainer Academy (OOC) (NEW!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Sep 27, 2011
New Trainer Application

Name: Cory Anderson

Nickname (Optional): n/a

Dorm: Suicune

Appearance: Cory is tall for his age, already up to five feet, seven inches in hieght. He has an average body build and can be seen wearing denim jeans, with a denim jacket over a white tank top. His eyes are as calm and deep as the sky, while his hair is a bright golden blonde, short and slightly curly. His footwear is grayish sneakers with steeltoe tips to reduce risk of injuring his feet if something is dropped on them.

Personality:
Cory is calm and kind, but at the same time somewhat displaced with the world around him. He usually keeps his distance from people, not out of being anti-social, but out of respect for people's personal space. He is usually seen off by himself, or with his Pokemon, always having a sullen expression on his face.

Though not many things anger him, he does still have his own pet peevs. He doesn't care if people make fun of him, but if one of his Pokemon or a friend of his gets hurt for the wrong reasons, he will seek out justice for the wrongdoing. He is also somewhat... simple, for lack of a better term. If a person is not specific in some way, Cory has trouble following along. But if given an explicit set of directions, he can execute them very precisely.

He also has a motto: "Its better to gain a Pokemon's trust as a friend, rather than try to catch it with force, even if it does seem like its unavoidable." and does his best to "catch" Pokemon by showing them he is their friend, moreso than trainer, believing the act will build much better, long time bonds.

History:
Cory grew up in Hoenn, (City/Town pending), where he didn't start his Pokemon journeys like most other people due to the fact his father died of cancer, and his mother was stricken with grief. His mother had become ill for a while, making Cory mature at a much quicker pace in order to cope with the drastic changes in his life. He was only ten when it happened, and wasn't able to go with his childhood friends on their Pokemon journeys, for five years he would not be able to partake on his own.

After five years have passed, Cory had grown into a very mature teenager, but a sheltered one at that. Because of the lack in Pokemon interaction he has not yet been able to experience the joys that most people experience, nor the hardships that come with it. He is calm yet distant, the only Pokemon he has ever seen was the Gardevior that was recently trained by the local Pokemon Center to help him with taking care of his sick mother. For five years he worked hard to restore his mother's health, and she did indeed recover to a good degree. Though reluctant to leave after so long, his mother had insisted to finally partake in his Pokemon journey.

Gathering up some Pokeballs by using some of his spare life earnings, he set out to try and catch a Pokemon. Being handicapped by not having a starting Pokemon, he did his best to try and catch one the hard way. Getting pecked by Pidgeys, bit by Patrats, and even thrown out of a tree by a dang Pinsir he had used up all of his Pokeballs. He was just wandering around in the tall grass, not really knowing any better, and trips over a Zangoose. As fate would have it, it was wounded and in no mood to fight, having pretty bad burns on its body for whatever reasons he couldn't figure out. He managed to handle it and get a camp set up, picking Berries, namely Rawst and Oran, to make a kind of mushy medicine that was both healthy and tasty. The Zangoose wasn't very trustworthy at first, namely due to the injuries it suffered but within a few days it was healthy. Cory didn't expect a lasting relationship but apparently the act of kindness made the Zangoose warm up to him, thus Cory and his newfound partner set out on their own Pokemon journey... starting with the Pokemon Academy.

Pokémon:
Zangya (F Zangoose) : Hardy : Ability Toxic Boost : lvl 18 : Hone Claws, Brick Break, Quick Attack, Facade
Seigmund (M Pawniard) : Adamant : Ability Defiant : lvl 20 : Metal Claw, Night Slash, X-Scissor, Slash
Gale (F Ralts) : Gentle : Ability Synchronize : lvl 10 : Growl

Last edited:

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Guys, the field trip is progressing at Selena's rate. I'm noticing some characters just operating at their own tempo. Consider it approaching 10 AM now. You want your characters moving to the boat very, very soon, unless you want them to miss it. (That means in the next post or two)

Also, HunterZero. You are correct that Gary Oak is a restricted NPC in that only me and Megaman can use him unless we give out permission. Selena will probably be making him do a few things during the field trip, but I'll probably control him when/if you bring Calnith to him. (Which would mean bringing Calnith on the boat at this point.)

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Apr 14, 2024
Think most of us are on the boat actually, just chatting and waiting for something to happen from where we are on deck. ^^ Aside from you know, the birds and the running Kinko. XD

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 2, 2011
Name: Rafael Obeng

Nickname Felly

Age 13

Dorm:Raikou Dorm

Appearance: He is around 5ft 5in tall. He also almost always wears light blue jeans with a shirt with a picture of pichu on it. He has light blue eyes and short black hair. Rafael also has tannish skin.

Personality: He's an easygoing kid who is funny at times. Even though he's easygoing he helps people out when they need it. He can at times be really annoying.

He is a good person that is cool to be around. Although im cool doesnt mean i have many friends. When Rafael is around a popular or cute person he tends to act shy.

History: He is originaly from New Bark Town but moved to Vermillion city because of Team Rocket. His father is missing and then he put his love for his dad into his love for electric type pokemon. Rafaels dad was always strict about his secondary love of ground type pokemon. But since he disapeared his love for ground pokemon came back.

Everyday Rafael would go to diglett cave to hang out with the digletts. But one day a pichu was getting attacked by a group of dugtrio and fainted so Rafael brought it to the pokemon center and didnt want to leave me so i kept her. That day his mom was proud of him and let him keep Pichu as his very first pokemon.

Ever since the day he met pichu. Pichu and I were training twenty four-seven. We were training so we could one day hopefully get accepted into the trainer school. Then one day pichu started glowing but i stopped her from evolving because i loved her to much to let her turn into a pikachu.

Pokémon
Species:Pichu (female)
Nickname: Sparky
Personality: She is cautios and shy and always wants to stay out of her pokeball so i let her after classes. She was my very first pokemon
Lvl: 16
Moveset: Volt tackle, Thunderbolt, Sweet kiss, Attract, Thundershock, Iron tail

Species: Ghastly
Nickname: Ghostface
Personality: He is a prankster who loves his pokeball. I caught Ghastly when it was getting beat up by poochyena.
Lvl: 15
Moveset: Lick, Hypnosis, Night Shade, Shadow ball

Species: Sneasle
Nickname: Darkness
Personality: She is a mysterious pokemon that hates pokeballs. She also is very energetic and cheerful at times
Lvl: 10
Moveset: Faint Attack, Blizzard, Slash, False Swipe

Dawn

Years
Congratulations Cory you're accepted. Welcome to the awesome. To fill everyone in, I personally introduced Cory to the roleplay from off-site. So yeah, we've known eachother from across the web in past roleplays. xD He's not used to forum roleplay, but I'm sure he's capable of writing good posts both length wise and syntax wise.

Sayumi

Pokemon Maniac
Years
I hope I can still get in~

Spoiler:

Oh boy. Long profile is long.
I also just realized I spent an hour on this. Awkward.

Years
  • Seen Sep 27, 2011
Thanks Nid and Marin, glad to be a part of the action, despite just starting. I will do my best... if I can relocate the IC Thread. I forgot to add it to my favorites and now I can't find it. Part of the reason I kinda dont like forums is the navigation, easy to get lost if you dunno what to look for, lolz.

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Apr 14, 2024
Hi Cory! Yay a new member. Enjoy the RP and be wary of pickles, especially fickle ones. C:

Dawn

Years
Aaah... Sayumi. Good SU. c:

You're accepted, though I wish to stress that being mute is somewhat of a crippling disability to give your character in terms of interacting with others.

I only mention this because I want you to have fun and not be disappointed with a choice you make. Regardless. You're accepted and can begin posting if you'd like. c:

Sayumi

Pokemon Maniac
Years
Thank you for the acceptance! :)

Ahh yeah. I usually make my characters mute actually. You don't need to actually speak to communicate, remember that. And Aggie write's what she want's to say, and her emotions can pretty much say it all. It'll work out, no worries. I'll post right away.

Dawn

Years
Kiyoshi the Polarbear has been removed for extended inactivity. :(

Also, the big disconnect with writing is that most people's brains are wired so that they find themselves wanting to be spoken to audibly even if they know that's not an option. It's a longing feeling that can cause frustration, if you will. A lot of people also just don't read 100% of body language, and some characters read a whole lot less than that.

Regardless, if you're okay with difficulties like that all the more power to you.

Sayumi

Pokemon Maniac
Years
I understand. I think I can pull it off, I really had to think about it for this one though. Being mute in the Pokemon world will cause difficulties, but I think it can be avoided for the most part.

I'm alright with the difficulties coming with this, everything will be okay. :)

Dawn

Years
Okie dokie. I just wanna make sure you have fun. c: That being said, if you have any questions about the current situation or how things work, feel free.

UPDATE:
To clarify again. Kiyoshi the Polarbear has been dropped for inactivity.

Also, after request Tropius has been added to the deep forest. c:

EDIT:

HunterZero. Taylor's huge sea monster is tailing a boat chock full of people looking around in broad daylight. ...

Please, if you're going to control team rocket members... This has to stop happening. >_<

Last edited:

HunterZero

Maverick Hunting til the end
Years
*Face Palm* I keep freaking screwing up. But then again I never said he was right up in the boats face. Will go fix though and then go bang my head up against the wall.

SelenaStar

Who says you're not perfect?
Years
I also feel the need to bring this whole Team Rocket thing up, seeing as I am in control of the Expo section of the RP for all intents and purposes (secondary to our wonderful GMs Yellow and Megaman obviouslys *totes brown nosing*)

But yeah, if Calnith is planning on staging some major show at the Expo...it will be smacked down by the Security. I think we need to remember that with HoTa we are talking about one of the biggest trans-national corporations in the WORLD (of Pokemon) - probably can draw parallels with Microsoft, News International or Exxon Mobil in our world. Major, multi-billion dollar turnover corporation.

As such, their security is reflective of this. And as the Expo is a huge annual event with so many high-profile attendees (who themselves will have their own personal security) HoTa takes absolutely no chances with their Security. All non-public areas will be heavily restricted, security guards have the most well-trained Pokemon secondary to the Champions themselves and the physical barriers that will be set in place will make this all practically redundant.

So I suppose I'm just setting the scene for any character who is hoping to cause trouble...as in, they can cause trouble, but they had better prepare for some serious butt-kicking and other consequences because trust me when I say that there is no way that an Academy student can outsmart this corporation.

Yellow, Megaman, feel free to tell me to stop being a douche if this is going too far, I just wanted to put it out there before the ship docks ^3^

Which, btw, I was going to make happen after Mackenzie and Mark finish their battle - everyone okay with this?

Dawn

Years
I'd just like to throw it out there that I'm not personally mad at you or anything, HunterZero. Just gotta do my job and such. c:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back