• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

yo, check out my fast internet speedz, man.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I'm beginning to notice that Verizon Fios seems to be the best internet out there in the US. Sadly in my town we only have Time Warner (we don't have friggin AT&T here can you BELIEVE THAT?). Seeing those speeds from FiOS, now I want it, and I really wish my town had that.

I mean, Time Warner is alright, but it has its downsides...like randomly derping in an unnecessary time. >_>

^It has much improved. It's 11 PM and most of the neighborhood is asleep, so that's a good advantage.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
^You did it right. It's just used to measure your internet speed. Your download speed is great though, however, you have a better upload speed that some of us in this thread xD. You upload stuff on the internet a bit quicker.

Years
So, this happened while I was in the library a while ago...

2645071322.png

weep ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

edit: that was totally off-topic. 8D To comment on my normal internet, it depends on where I'm living. Right now it's just fine for my needs - rocks up at somewhere around 20Mb/s I think which is totally fine for most anything I need to do.

Yeah, Uni internet is a beautiful thing:

ZBWDPtv.png

My home connection is somewhere in the order of 5MB Down/1MB Up, though. Faster would be nice, but it works well and it's super-stable. I can play with the ADSL profile to bump up to about 6/1.2, but the ping goes up and it's not always 100% stable.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I'm beginning to notice that Verizon Fios seems to be the best internet out there in the US. Sadly in my town we only have Time Warner (we don't have friggin AT&T here can you BELIEVE THAT?). Seeing those speeds from FiOS, now I want it, and I really wish my town had that.

I mean, Time Warner is alright, but it has its downsides...like randomly derping in an unnecessary time. >_>

^It has much improved. It's 11 PM and most of the neighborhood is asleep, so that's a good advantage.

FiOS definitely offers the best internet, but it's pretty exclusive. It's not in my county but it's all the surrounding cities. Curse me and living in a county and not a city! Best we have here is Cox, which is pretty good but it's not FiOS.

Malice.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 12, 2016

This is certainly an improvement from 2.5 down/.4 up, aha. Moved from Verizon DSL to Comcast/Xfinity (the top tier cable/phone/internet bundle). I think my poor laptop got whiplash the first time I opened a webpage after I set up the router/modem...

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 8, 2024

Yeah...my upload speed may be the slowest on this thread...xD
It's so slow it took 4 minutes to determine it - ping and download were done in seconds (ms for ping).

I get by though. Not really shocked that I'm behind 76% of the UK - I'm in a very rural area (hint: we recently had a spat with Wiley :P ).
I'm curious as to why it suggests I'm within 50 miles of London on the bottom of the image though...

.:batto:.

Pokébreeder
Years
think you got it bad?
i use my wifi hotspot from my phone. don't knock your speeds guys. you could always have worse.
2864974587.png

.:batto:.

Pokébreeder
Years

Is this any good? I took it from my bedroom upstairs, the WiFi was downstairs, Ping was to a server in Sydney :) It's 8:30pm so peak hour traffic may affect the result, but I am very happy with my internet, it serves me well :D

EDIT: LOL BATTO! ^_^ Your internet is horrible, hahaha. I feel privileged...

ITS NOT HORRIBLE ITS JUST CHALLENGED. OO MR MY INTERNET IS FASTER THAN 80% OF AUS.
;)

Nomine

サトセレ
Years

These are my speeds at home and I'm pretty happy with them! Haha! The ones I get at the university are a lot better than these, though.

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years

Is this any good? I took it from my bedroom upstairs, the WiFi was downstairs, Ping was to a server in Sydney :) It's 8:30pm so peak hour traffic may affect the result, but I am very happy with my internet, it serves me well :D

I would say 8/10 because the upload speed could be a little better since the download speed was pretty good. I have a theory that if you get too close to the router, it's possible that your speeds will improve if you test them close to it.

Years
Took a speedtest moments ago on my laptop directly connected to my router via ethernet.. not much different than the ones I've posted above

2867566738.png

And I did a pingtest this time around, too

84352877.png

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
May I introduce you all to my college's internet?

Not as superior as most of the peeps here, but it's pretty decent. Upload speed looks extremely good but in my opinion it takes about five minutes or so to upload a document. :|

Altair1

Willpower
Years
Well, here's mine! I find it very reliable, however the PC is having problems... Thinking of getting an iMac...

Back