• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Garchomp or Flygon?

Meh, do I even have to ask this? Garchomp or Flygon?

• Garchomp

Votes: 14 43.8%
  • Flygon

Votes: 18 56.3%

• Total voters

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
So they are both Dragon/Ground-types and both have appealing stats. I personally prefer Garchomp because he looks cooler and he's way better in OU. This is the set I enjoyed using:

445.gif

Garchomp @ Yache Berry
Trait: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature

- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Fire Fang

With a great base 130 attack and nearly unresisted STABs, Garchomp is a terror. Add Swords Dance and you have an incredible sweeper. Outrage and Earthquake are pretty much all he needs in order to bring ruin to your opponent's team. Fire Fang helps him take care of Skarmory and Ferrothorn. This Garchomp doesn't even need Life Orb to sweep, so a Yache Berry is used in order to allow him take one Ice-type attack. Be sure to remove faster Dragon-types such as Latios and Choice Scarf Pokemon with Ice Beam, as well as Mamoswine and Weavile.

Flygon on the other hand is good in UU as a U-turn spammer, especially when holding a Choice Scarf. I just like Garchomp more.

Now what about you?

.:batto:.

Pokébreeder
Years
this poll is a no contest really. flygon can gtfo.
i use a garchomp myself. but i use dragon fang myself. as i can switch it up. and don't have to switch out. with her attack at 310. theres not that much of a difference. sandstorm is fun also.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
I don't care about gaming other than I appreciate if pokémon are able to learn okay attacks for in-game purposes. So for me it's mostly a question of design and background.

I think the middle evo in Garchomp's line is unnecessary.
444f.gif

The only point of it seems to be to not force players to have Gible until a high level, or let Garchomp come forth at a too low level (considering it's power).

Vibrava, on the other hand, is a pokémon I like. It's like sandy Yanma with dragon powers :p
329.gif
193.gif

And overall, as badass as Garchomp might look, I just fancy Flygon more. I like it as a dragon and I like it as a ground type. And I absolutely love dragonflies, so! It's one of the few gen III pokémon I appreciate more than average. Still, it's not one of my favorite pokémon and Garchomp isn't one of my least favorite. They are both average compared to many others in my mind. But Flygon gets my vote ^^

330.gif

ShiningLust

Gym Leader of Ground Oden
Years
ya I agree Flygon gets my vote he's always be one of my favorite dragons and he just looks cooler thin Garchomp I can't stand the way he looks to me I don't even like using him.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
I prefer using Flygon over Grachomp it has a cooler design than use a giant dragon-
it's a giant Dragon fly based pokemon.
it has an unique type of Dragon/ground as well.

And has a cooler shiny sprite.

Years
1 I hate this poll, these are my favorite dragons, with kingdra and altaria close behind

Since Milotic is my favorite overall pokemon, I tend to like using Flygon in most of my RSE runthroughs. The matching tails sells them as an entire package. So, with that Flygon gets a slight edge, and my vote.

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
Garchomp is about as close to broken as a non-legendary gets.

I just like Flygon better, really.

TreeKangaroo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Years
Flygon because I used it and it saved my butt more times then I like to count. And it's stats aren't to amazing or terrible. While garchomp's are pretty much broken and I don't like broken pokemon because they're boring to use.(even though my weavile OHKO'd cynthia's garchomp with a single ice punch)

Years
I will say this. Garchomp is definitely underrated. It does have a great design based on a hammerhead and shark and a vibrant and unique color palette. I can't think of any pokemon with a similar one, unless someone else can think up one.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Garchomp is underrated? It's been seen all over the Overused tier, or at least it was when it was first released. It's still considered overused due to its stats, moves, and abilities. Thing's an absolute beast in battles. Plus, its design is sleek.

Still, I like Flygon more. There are some personal reasons behind that, but I like the design. The big wings, the color choices, and its tiny little arms and claws. Adorable. Plus it was a drat handy card to have in a deck back when I used to play the TCG.

waveguidebuizel

weirdguybuizel
Years
For me, definitely flygon. I tend to like overused pokémon less, and I don't usually like training them. Also, I much prefer flygon's design. In addition, garchomp is one of the few pokémon I kinda despise for some reason. >_<

BubbleBeams

Defeating Champions Since 1999
Years
  • Age 34
  • Iowa
  • Seen Oct 26, 2021
I'm definitely more appealed to Flygon. But I've also done more playthroughs with Flygon, whereas I've never done a playthrough with Garchomp. So I have more feels about Flygon.

And Flygon just looks a lot cooler to me, honestly.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Although garchomp has more power behind it (they're a reason it was pushed into Ubers for a while), I prefer flygon for the design it has. It has a weird line, and maybe that's part of why I like it. =p

Years
Flygon definitely has the better design and I prefer its rounded stats over Garchomp's. Plus it has better speed which puts it at an advantage in my eyes. The Flygon line has a really cool design overall as well.

Sirfetch’d

I love both of these Pokemon a lot so this was a hard decision. I slightly favor Flygon in terms of design just because it is a bit more unique and just was really well done imo. However when battling I would much rather have Garchomp because of its great speed and power that can rip through teams. Garchomp's design is also one of my favorites of gen 4. So overall I like Garchomp a bit more.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
Garchomp is about as close to broken as a non-legendary gets.

I just like Flygon better, really.

Don't worry, there are even more broken non-legendary things, like Blaziken and Excadrill, who are Uberz. Though Garchomp was ridiculous back in Gen 4, and Flygon took its place and was one of the most common Pokemon especially after Mence's banning.

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
Garchomp literally has a higher or equal stat in everything compared to Flygon, and a significantly greater BST.

Honestly, if this question is talking about which is more powerful in competitive usefulness, it may as well be asking if Mewtwo or Alakazam is better. -_-

Back