• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Got a 3DS/3DS XL?

Got a 3DS/3DS XL

• Already did!

Votes: 88 68.2%
  • Not yet!

Votes: 38 29.5%
  • Never will!

Votes: 3 2.3%

• Total voters

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I got mine November of 2011. I'll admit part of me wishes that I had waited some time for the XL to come out, but I've enjoyed every moment of the games I've played since getting it, so that makes up for the lack of a big screen and more sleek looking surface.

tnfsf11

Haven't got one yet, & haven't settled on when I'll buy one :/
I can buy it before the games are released or blindly hope for an X/Y themed one to be bought with the games or just try to buy it after X/Y come out & hope its stock lasts :P

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I am planning to go ahead and getting the red 3ds xl. Both of my DS's I have have been red and probably will not break that tradition. I don't really care for the game being installed on the system in a combo pack. I'd rather have the case and everything. I'll admit I never liked the idea of the 3ds until I read the news of X and Y. Now that I am looking at the prices and stuff, I will probably be getting about 5 games including one of the new pokemon games, since there is no real reason for me to get both when I will only have 1 3ds.

I agree with Xander on the price. I don't see it going down until the next generation of the DS comes out. $200 for the XL at the moment, that is usually the price they stay at until a new console comes out. However, Best Buy, at least online, is having a sell at the moment for the XL at the price of a normal 3DS. Not to mention I am use to big screens and I do not think I could go back to a smaller screen. I prefer to pay the extra... $35 to get a bigger screen.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2023
Well, yeah. I got the 3DS XL and will get X and Y for it. It is quite pricey, but it does have a big screen after all. :)

pokerex

I'm awesome
Years
I don't have money for a 3DS, i'll have to play X and Y on an emulator. I hope there won't be many trade evolutions because that would ruin the game for me :(

bleri1200

Bleri
Years
  • Seen Jul 29, 2016
Got my friends for 50$ everything included, perfect condition. So happy!

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
There probably will be a way to play X and Y on an emulator.

And yes you are right, it is better if nobody pirates the game, but i have no other option.

Unfortunately still a long way to come. The 3DS is not cracked yet and it takes a lot of time to develop an emulator to play some games. Desmume team not interested in upgrading their DS emulator to 3DS. It took some time for emulators to play DP without hiccups.

The 3DS is worth it, lots of good games for it.

Years
I bought a black 3ds in may a week after my birthday back in 2011 because I've always been interested in tech that seems to be more techier that the competition (also I'm a lifetime Nintendo fan)

Years
I am planning on getting an XL, I can find a decent deal on s refurbished one as well. The trick is to go for one with deep scratches on the outside, and virtually no markings on the screen. The price gets knocked down anywhere from $30-$80 down from retail price of $200. I mean, I can just buy a cover and it has no effect on the gameplay or durability of the console. I only have $35 dollars left to go, which is nothing. I am a very frugal person and I save up for non-essential things in small increments.

As far as the games go, I am afraid to preorder, despite the fact that Swirlix is my favorite. A Spritzee and/or Skrelp evolution could totally change my mind, or even a terrible Swirlix evolution! Not that just can't be possible. Anyway, I plan ordering the 3DS XL sometime next week. Which, is not too bad by itself given that my friend gave me an extra Mario Kart 7 cartridge knowing that I had plan to order a 3DS. So that will keep me mildly entertained.

Water Gym Leader

Arlyn Aquos
Years
I got mine before Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 came out so I could use the Dream Radar...plus my ds is kinda broken but still funtional. I need to get another 3DS so I can trade between my games. I loved Gamestop referbishing

The Chrono

Ragin' Cajun
Years
I got mine a couple years back, but I haven't used it all that much do to the lack of a Pokemon game. This should change that!

Years
I just picked up my 3DS XL yesterday. I went from a regular 3DS that I used to death I was especially surprised at how well it displayed Black 2, even on such a large screen. Definitely a great buy!

Years
  • Seen Nov 6, 2023
haven't picked up a 3ds yet, but i'll probably buy a friend's off him soon. i've still been using my 2005-era ds for pokemon games, it's 8 years old at this point but still works fine!

Years
I originally bought one on its release day in 2011, but sold it a few months later because it was useless with an empty game library.

So I bought a new Pikachu design XL one in May which has allowed me to A) Play through B/W2 which I hadn't played yet B) wait for X/Y.

Plus the library has a good selection of games now, I'm struggling to select what to buy at the moment.

Back