• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mega Evolutions Discussion and Speculation

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Are we getting a MegaEvolution for Delibird? If not, then I'd so like to see one! Mega Delibird could have longer beard, maybe, and its belly could be a little more extended. This would make this Pokémon look even more like Santa Claus, and it would help with its popularity as well. Many kids would be in love with it. (: I imagine Mega Delibird to be slower than its original form, but its defensive stats would be raised dramatically.

Jet Pilot

I killed Spiderman.
Years
I hope they give Raichu and Clefable Mega Evolutions. Those two aren't all that strong and quite popular.
Pikachu + Light Ball > Raichu
Haze, Delibird was made as a joke. I highly doubt they'd give him a Mega Evolution.

Honestly this whole mega evolution thing has made me not want to buy X or Y, I mean Pokemon is easy enough as it is. They could've gave it a much better name too, other thank "mega". It sounds very childish.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Are we getting a MegaEvolution for Delibird? If not, then I'd so like to see one! Mega Delibird could have longer beard, maybe, and its belly could be a little more extended. This would make this Pokémon look even more like Santa Claus, and it would help with its popularity as well. Many kids would be in love with it. (: I imagine Mega Delibird to be slower than its original form, but its defensive stats would be raised dramatically.
Also they should give it thick fat to match with the santa theme. Also that'll make it resistant to ice moves (which do 1x damage) and nerf it's fire type weakness. Leaving it with only rock, steel, and electric as weaknesses which sounds better than having four.

The ???

The one true question mark
Years
  • Age 27
  • ???
  • Seen Dec 10, 2020
why are you guys thinking about mega evolutions of those pokemons who are forgotten?? I mean see the trend, all the popular ones are getting a mega evolution ..

Typhon

'sup
Years
They did confirm the list as fake, but I was kinda suspecting it because there's a chance a Kalos Pokemon could have a Mega Evolution. But I don't they'll reveal the full list of Mega Evos until the games are out I suspect.
It's most likely that Kalos-native Pokémon will get Mega Evolutions, as the officials did state that the Mega Evolutions were discovered in Kalos. It wouldn't make much sense if there weren't any Kalos Mega Evolutions.

Years
It's most likely that Kalos-native Pokémon will get Mega Evolutions, as the officials did state that the Mega Evolutions were discovered in Kalos. It wouldn't make much sense if there weren't any Kalos Mega Evolutions.
Perhaps the majority of Megas in these games will be Kalos natives with only a small handful of Pokémon each generation getting them.

Decimosoma

Free to dream, free to smile
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 13, 2014
Ugh I'm kinda hoping a mega evolution for a Sableye and Glalie would be super awesome too! :D but for now it's Mawile all the way ^.^

A Mega evolution for Glalie wouldn't make much sense, if anything if they consider to make a Mega evolution of that line it'll probably be Froslass that will be getting a Mega evolution and not Glalie.

Unless i'm wrong and that Glalie and Froslass are both final evolution forms of Snorunt than I said nothing. xD

Years
A Mega evolution for Glalie wouldn't make much sense, if anything if they consider to make a Mega evolution of that line it'll probably be Froslass that will be getting a Mega evolution and not Glalie.

Unless i'm wrong and that Glalie and Froslass are both final evolution forms of Snorunt than I said nothing. xD
Lol, yes they're both final evolutions (well at least as of Gen V as neither has evolved further).
I'll like to see a Mega Huntail. It just seems like one of those Pokémon that can really shine if given the chance. It can be Water/Dark while MegaGorebyss is Water/Psychic.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
I hope all starters do get a mega. A lot of starters are in the "Never Used" tier. You would think iconic pokemon like these would at least be "Under Used"

Plus ALL of the started get shafted with the worst ability in the game. (Blaze variants). The dream world abilities allowed each Starter to be unique, but YOU CAN'T GET THEM WITHOUT CHEATING!

GEN6 should make ALL DW abilities legal and available to breeding. Second, each Started gets a Mega because they deserve to at least be ALMOST good enough for competitive play.

CONSIDER the FOLLOWING: Mega Blaziken's Ability is the same as it's dream world ability. BUT, Mega Venusaur's ability is different from his DW ability.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
They did confirm the list as fake, but I was kinda suspecting it because there's a chance a Kalos Pokemon could have a Mega Evolution. But I don't they'll reveal the full list of Mega Evos until the games are out I suspect.

Which list? The one with the pictures of Pokemon from each generation except Gen 6? Who confirmed it was fake? The person that posted it or are you saying it was confirmed fake because of posters saying its fake?

Years
I hope all starters do get a mega. A lot of starters are in the "Never Used" tier. You would think iconic pokemon like these would at least be "Under Used"

Plus ALL of the started get shafted with the worst ability in the game. (Blaze variants). The dream world abilities allowed each Starter to be unique, but YOU CAN'T GET THEM WITHOUT CHEATING!

GEN6 should make ALL DW abilities legal and available to breeding. Second, each Started gets a Mega because they deserve to at least be ALMOST good enough for competitive play.

CONSIDER the FOLLOWING: Mega Blaziken's Ability is the same as it's dream world ability. BUT, Mega Venusaur's ability is different from his DW ability.
Imagine a MegaSerperior with Contradiction...it'll be the best Mega ever! And it'll make this Serperior love her very happy :3

@ Xander The same list you posted earlier in this thread. Not sure who confirmed it was fake though...it did seem suspicious though...

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I know a lot of people were nitpicking it, but we also nipicked Mega Mewtwo Y and were wrong about that. We nitpicked Pignite when he was first revealed and it was "Confirmed Fake" by many people on Youtube and other sites.

The picture appeared before Mega Garchomp did with it listing Garchomp as a Pokemon to get a Mega Evolution. Something like this I can't say we can rule out based on what happened in the past. Sure its fake until true, but its as accurate as the fake rumors that appeared on Pokebeach which were about 50% true and 50% false.

More can appear as time goes on which like the rumors posted on Pokebeach can turn out to be true.

Years
I know a lot of people were nitpicking it, but we also nipicked Mega Mewtwo Y and were wrong about that. We nitpicked Pignite when he was first revealed and it was "Confirmed Fake" by many people on Youtube and other sites.

The picture appeared before Mega Garchomp did with it listing Garchomp as a Pokemon to get a Mega Evolution. Something like this I can't say we can rule out based on what happened in the past. Sure its fake until true, but its as accurate as the fake rumors that appeared on Pokebeach which were about 50% true and 50% false.

More can appear as time goes on which like the rumors posted on Pokebeach can turn out to be true.
I actually believed the Mewtwo Y. However this list while I like it seems to give me a bad feeling I usually get about fakes...also if it's fake it means Mega Hydreigon is possible...so that's good.

Nakala Pri

I really liked Mega Blaziken, it was seriously improved, looked less... weird. xD

The newly revealed Mega Garchomp was also really awesome. :D

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Mega Garchomp would have looked a lot nicer if it didn't have those spikes on its body. Also, it would've been better if it didn't keep the same type combination of its regular form. I know that it has an immunity over electric-type moves, but it has four times weakness to ice attacks as well. And ice-type moves are pretty common in competitive play, especially Ice Beam, Icicle Spear, and Ice Punch. If it's hit by any one of those attacks, then it would be taken down instantly within a blink of an eye. In my opinion, Mega Garchomp should have lost its ground typing and became a pure dragon-type Pokémon.

If they were to give Starmie a Mega form, then I think it should lose its big gem in the middle and have two smaller gems. I would also like to see its Special Attack stat increased a bit. (:

Last edited:
Years
I'm not a fan of mega evolutions. I rather have them with real evolutions.
If Magnezone becomes Mega He better get levitate

Back