• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sexuality

Years
Looks like I'm a 0 on the Kinsey scale. Interesting... I agree that it needs to be like a graph with a second axis though.

DjentlemanJoe

A True Djentleman
Years
Straight.

I can admit if a guy Is good looking but I only see the male physique attractive in an art sense or from a physical fitness perspective.

Having said that, I've never slept with a guy, so I might even like it. I doubt its something ill ever bother trying, mind.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
I'm surprised by the amount of people who have replied to this thread stating that they're straight, lol. This is the first sexual orientation thread that I've seen that isn't 90% gay people!!!!!!!

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I'm on BlahISuck's boat about the simplicity of the Kinsey Scale Test, but I scored a 4 on it regardless, though I feel like a 5 is far more accurate. I've tried and tried to convince myself, for the sake of not being forced to submit to the ridicule and abuse I've seen other people undertake in my surroundings at admitting that they are of a different sexual orient than their peers, that I'm pansexual or bisexual or even heterosexual, but when it comes down to it, I'm just... not. Masculinity appeals to me far more than femininity as a whole, though I'm not 100% turned off to it, I suppose.

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 12, 2014
Pansexual.

I thought I was bisexual at first, but then I realized that most of the time, I'm either attracted to girls or boys I'm emotionally attached to. One of my boyfriends told me I'm too into girls to be bisexual. :P I can't help it, I adore women. Everything about them is so awesome... at least, I think.

Telling my mother that was pretty difficult, considering she accused me of making up words. xD

nimbo

~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 16, 2016
Straight. Though I do think other females can be attractive, I am not attracted to them. If that makes sense lol.

Honest

Hi!
Years
I'm straight. Always have been, but I have absolutely no issues with complimenting another man, if he deserves it!

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
Years
Kinsey Scale test? I just thought people would be able to tell what they are by looking at a chart or something....

Sexuality is so interesting to me. I've always wondered how it is that some people struggle with understanding their own sexuality, because I've never second-guessed myself about it. A lot of sexologists say that a person's orientation and gender identity are fluid, but I just chock that up to the nature of human beings to constantly change with new experiences.

This thread is so insightful already.....

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
Years
I'm bisexual and proud of it. This is still unknown to my parents and I'm not about to tell them...

Years
While I can compliment girls on their looks, it won't ever go further than that as I'm 100% straight. Guys all the way for me. :D

Sandshrew4

Also known as Sandwich
Years
I'm not gay, I'm not straight, I'm philophobic.
Im not attracted to either gender, or anyone for that matter.
It makes my feel so free, haha.
I'm really innocent (or would it be called ignorant?) as I didn't even know what making out was until 5 month ago when someone told me, even though I didn't want to know.
I'm weird, but I love it!
As for the Kinsey scale, I'd be...nowhere? I'd be the error in the calculator I guess. I'm attracted to neither gender, so that scale has one flaw, me.
Mwahaha

Last edited:

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I don't understand the difference between being pansexual.. and just finding people you are emotionally into more attractive. I don't think they're the same thing. I don't randomly fawn over dudes walking on the street going "OH GOD HE'S SO HOT!! I WANNA DO HIM RIGHT NOW" like some other people. I don't think that would make me pansexual. Maybe it's just that pansexuals never get that initial spark of attraction that some others might get when seeing or meeting someone else- like the "there's something about you that intrigues me and I like it."? I am straight but then if I were bi, how would the difference apply?

Are people who are pansexual just not sexually/physically attracted to someone AT ALL until they get to know them? What turns that point from just "Nah I'm not sexually interested at all to you" to.. "wow this guy is actually really nice, I have a crush on him."???
Does it mean that someone who's pansexual absolutely will NOT find someone sexually attractive unless they know them first?

Would it apply then to someone who is only attracted to one gender?
Like can you be a straight-pansexual? or a gay-pansexual?

Don't mean to trivialize or anything, I am genuinely confused between someone who's pansexual, and someone who just prefers to know someone before getting sexually invested in them?

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 12, 2014
I don't understand the difference between being pansexual.. and just finding people you are emotionally into more attractive. I don't think they're the same thing. I don't randomly fawn over dudes walking on the street going "OH GOD HE'S SO HOT!! I WANNA DO HIM RIGHT NOW" like some other people. I don't think that would make me pansexual. Maybe it's just that pansexuals never get that initial spark of attraction that some others might get when seeing or meeting someone else- like the "there's something about you that intrigues me and I like it."? I am straight but then if I were bi, how would the difference apply?

Are people who are pansexual just not sexually/physically attracted to someone AT ALL until they get to know them? What turns that point from just "Nah I'm not sexually interested at all to you" to.. "wow this guy is actually really nice, I have a crush on him."???
Does it mean that someone who's pansexual absolutely will NOT find someone sexually attractive unless they know them first?

Would it apply then to someone who is only attracted to one gender?
Like can you be a straight-pansexual? or a gay-pansexual?

Don't mean to trivialize or anything, I am genuinely confused between someone who's pansexual, and someone who just prefers to know someone before getting sexually invested in them?
For me personally, I'm pansexual. Pansexual is defined as "all genders". Basically, you're attracted to specific people, not so much their gender.

For me at least, I'm sexually attracted to females far more than males. But if I get to know a boy, I'm capable of falling in love with him despite him not being female. Once I fall in love with him, I'm sexually attracted to him. Although if I just met him, I don't really get the "omg so hawt" feeling since I don't know him, thus not emotionally attached. Make sense?

At least, that's my two cents.

Years
  • Seen Mar 29, 2015
The signs in my own head point to me being half-straight, half-asexual, give or take.

The reason being is that one part of my brain isn't attracted to anyone, regardless of gender, while the other part of my brain has developed a desperate craving for sex. That craving makes me see myself as a male prostitute.

As you can see, this sexuality mix is a fertile breeding ground for self-hatred...

Tyrael

This is a Sailor's Prayer
Years
Any girl on here that says she's single and only wants guys should really hit me up sometime ;)

KIDDING :D

But yeah, I seem to be in the same boat as the majority of guys that have posted here. I'm straight, but I really don't mind complementing a guy or something of that nature.

Black Ice

[XV]
Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2023
pretty sure i'm straight but i'd still bang ryan gosling, daniel craig, etc given the opportunity

Back