• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[RMXP] Pokemon Chronicles: The Sands of Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
Years
Probably the first time ever for me to post on a game thread XD
So far looking good :)
Maybe a pokedex of 351?
It's just my opinion though ;)
The title Pokemon Chornicles: The Sands of Time really sounds like Final Fantasy Crystal Chornicles: Echoes of Time... (did u get this idea from this game?)
Maybe it's just me though :3

Always nice to try new things... :cer_smile:

The phrase "Sands of Time" is actually one that has been in circulation for quite some time. I believe Socrates might have been (one of) the first to use this phrase. Since then it's been used as the titles of operas, Dr. Who novels etc. etc. Anyway, it's basically an allusion to the hourglass as a symbol of mortality and/or eternity, and the perfect name for the game. :cer_wink:

The "Pokemon Chronicles" part I just thought would be a great name for a series. I found out shortly later that there is actually a manga named that already - but oh well...

I think now that the regional dex will have somewhere in the range of 301-351 Pokemon and fakemon. No more, no less.

Thanks for your input. :cer_smile:

Tile-searching

I'm currently looking for New-England fishing village style tiles for Freewharf Town, and struggling. I've tried making them myself but It would involve a level of skill that surpasses mine. If anyone knows of, or can make, tiles in this style please tell me.​

img_0449_2.JPG

What Do You Want To See?

I'm going to do another one of these while I do some mapping. Nominate a type yu would like to see and a brand new sprite of that type will be revealed tomorrow morning.

Fire
Water
Grass
Flying
Bug

There isn't a lot of sprites done at the moment, hence a lack of choice.

Happy voting! And please remember to comment.

The Cynic

Years
Aww..... no one voted. :cer_cry:

New Sprites

Seeing as NO ONE voted this time I'm just going to reveal all the completed sprited so far.

unveiling6.png

Snapple's description still in construction. Sprite by Aviculor.

Cholant, the Lantern Pokemon. Cholant have large, mostly hollow heads that glow thanks to flammable gases. They flock towards each other and are often found flying near festivals. Sprite by Aviculor.

Lyrain, the Rain Bowl Pokemon. Lyrain can often be heard singing during fresh rain, and will sing under no other circumstances. They will often follow rain clouds in order to catch the rain that falls from them. Due to this, some consider Lyrain a method to discern when it will next rain. The water collected in Lyrain's bowl-like head is used to keep itself moist and hydrated on dry days. Sprite by Ivyon.

Going to re-arrange the fakedex now to include all these new guys. And remember to comment!!!!

Starrcasm

Game Director, Pokémon Ethereal Gates
Years
Were you sponsored by the Dr. Pepper corporation? Because it seems like you used one of their Brand Names for that first grass pokemon :)

I like the sprites!

Years
  • Seen Nov 20, 2010
I think Lyrain looks really cute!
Lyrain can often be heard singing during fresh rain, and will sing under no other circumstances. They will often follow rain clouds in order to catch the rain that falls from them. Due to this, some consider Lyrain a method to discern when it will next rain.
would you be adding a cry/song before weather changes to rain? That would be really cool.
and the rest of the Fakemon are really good too.

Keep up the hard work!

The Cynic

Years
these are way too awesome, especially snapper, i hope he has a three line evolution

Thanks. :cer_smile:

Were you sponsored by the Dr. Pepper corporation? Because it seems like you used one of their Brand Names for that first grass pokemon :)

I like the sprites!

Snapple actually dosn't exist in Europe, so I had no idea that there was actually a soft drink with its name until very recently.

Cheers. :cer_smile:

I think Lyrain looks really cute!

would you be adding a cry/song before weather changes to rain? That would be really cool.
and the rest of the Fakemon are really good too.

Keep up the hard work!

Great idea! Thank you very much. :cer_smile:

RedBaron474

I don't even know
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 26, 2016
I love you and your game. Haha very well done, Cynic. Sorry I haven't been active enough to see how amazing it's become :).

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 22, 2013
This looks awesome so far! Sorry that I haven't been keeping up, my coming exams have just overwhelmed me. I'll be happy to do any more graphics if you want more [:

Around 320 Pokemon would seem best to me but it's up to you really.

trebornosliw

Learning
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
Your fakemon look very professional, kudos to you. Mapping's very aesthetically pleasing, tiles are nice and clean, the region is large and interesting, and best of all, IMHO, your grammar is impeccable, so your dialogues will be awesome :D
I'm looking forward to seeing how this goes.

RulerArceus

的なインターネッ? ??の最高級!
Years
Um.... Update Please? I really like this game. You've made a lot of progress, but I haven't heard in a long time.
Hope this place doesn't die.
~Ruler Arceus

The Cynic

Years
Sorry for taking so long to respond guys.

I love you and your game. Haha very well done, Cynic. Sorry I haven't been active enough to see how amazing it's become :).

Cheers mate. :cer_smile: Great to see you back!

This looks awesome so far! Sorry that I haven't been keeping up, my coming exams have just overwhelmed me. I'll be happy to do any more graphics if you want more [:

Around 320 Pokemon would seem best to me but it's up to you really.

Thanks, exams are a pain!

No graphics just at this moment, but perhaps soon. :cer_wink:

That sounds like a reasonable number. Cheers. :cer_smile:

You should get the Pokemon following the Trainer.

That shall be implemented. You will also have the ability to ride certain pokemon (Ponyta, Shimama etc.). :cer_wink:

Your fakemon look very professional, kudos to you. Mapping's very aesthetically pleasing, tiles are nice and clean, the region is large and interesting, and best of all, IMHO, your grammar is impeccable, so your dialogues will be awesome :D
I'm looking forward to seeing how this goes.

Thanks very much. I do my best! :cer_smile:

Um.... Update Please? I really like this game. You've made a lot of progress, but I haven't heard in a long time.
Hope this place doesn't die.
~Ruler Arceus

The thing is... I don't have an update at the moment. :cer_frown: I'm preparing a big update featuring screenshots of Freewharf Town and the brand new fakedex as well as the new-and-improved region map. I can't deliver them for a short while as I am SO busy right now. I'll keep you guys entertained by providing short "Spotlights" where I showcase an already-revealed fakemon, giving more in-depth descriptions and revealing its Ability, signature move etc.

Rest assured. This game will not die.

Thanks y'all, and sorry for the delay. :cer_smile:

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Cool game so far[: But all these things like Sands of Time and Snapple make me think of Prince of Persia (which I just saw for the first time last night) and teh Snapple drink. Oh wellz, I can live[:

I do have one problem though...
Spoiler:

shadowtogepi

I nct'a lelt fi 'mi ogdo.
Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
Hey cynic!
see you've made loads of progress since my last check-up!

RulerArceus

的なインターネッ? ??の最高級!
Years
Say, I know your doing Freewharf Town Currently, but how's Aeonopolis City Coming? This world you've created is AWESOME, By the way.

The Cynic

Years
Cool game so far[: But all these things like Sands of Time and Snapple make me think of Prince of Persia (which I just saw for the first time last night) and teh Snapple drink. Oh wellz, I can live[:

I do have one problem though...
Spoiler:

Samuraigun7 is actually making banners as we speak.

Thanks. :cer_smile:

Hey cynic!
see you've made loads of progress since my last check-up!

Thanks, good to see you back. :cer_smile:

i really like those sprites man, they are pretty dam awesome, they look amazing!

Say, I know your doing Freewharf Town Currently, but how's Aeonopolis City Coming? This world you've created is AWESOME, By the way.

Tiling for Aeonopolis is done, but mapping has yet to start. It's the location of the 8th Gym so it'll be done later.

To Prove I'm Not Dead...

Sorry for the lack of updates guys, I have been very busy. A major update is coming your way very soon. This includes, new region maps, a new fakedex and even a website for the game.

In the mean time, here's a new fakemon.

unveiling7.png

Kyusak, the Healer Pokemon. The plants and fungus grown on its back can be used to make both incredible cures for ailments, but are toxic if used incorrectly.

Concept by Dobu-Koomba. Sprite by Hourglass-Hero.

Enjoy folks!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
I like your idea of making a property line system, however I'm interested in how it's going to pan out. However, I'm thinking that you need to update with more screenshots as opposed to fakemon, at least show some of those within the game. Also, on that notion of fakemon, I like most of the sprites, however I think 101 of them would be quite ambitious and a little too many to be quite frank, but that's me. To be honest, what you're lacking majorly, is diversity between your screenshots, the updates look the same as the original screens and I think you need to mix it up a little, add to your tileset for example. The mapping seems to be quite good however, maybe you should push the boundaries and take the advantage of RMXP and add depth with the ability to add more tiles, more flow and more features to your mapping style.

All in all, you've got a steady base, you just need to work on convincing us that there's more than just aesthetics to this game, I'd like to see some events and some more towns with a different look than those already shown. Best of luck with your project, if you need further critique I'm free to offer my assistance.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017

I agree that the world he created is "Awesome", but the one thing that bugs me about this fantastic game is that you need some really, really good tiles to pull off the atmosphere you are attempting to create. I mean, your tiles atm are subpar, and really can't create a game players can immerse themselves in, (none of which is your fault).
If you can find a skilled tile artist, this game will definetly have my respect, Cynic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back