• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Digimon World Alpha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2009
I would like to say that this game looks awesome :). i created this account just to keep taps on this and pokemon HoF. I love the digi spirits you created for the male charcters. but do yo get to choose from a certain set of starter digimon?

02magnus

Creator of Digimon Chronicles
Years
I...i am simply extremely OVERWHELMED! The best thing i have ever seen on this forum! I support this game 100%! Where was it now i laid that support bar...?

<~F.M.P~>

I got you whistling Blue Box!
Years
For the kind of game you have, I would desperately want the DW3 version of cardbattle, the mechanic should be easy to get as well(as you could just rip it IMO)

But thats personally what I would love to see. Maybe other people have different opinions.

lol Yeah that's the kind of card battle system I had in mind lol It was short and to the point and very easy to understand. You know...I think I'll try to work on the Card system just as soon as I get the battle system down and show a new vid of it ;) I'm not sure if I want to rip the cards from the Digimon World 3 game though. I kinda want to try to sprite the cards so I'll sprite one and hold a vote later. ;)

Update! You're right, the titlescreen is much better. The female partner sprite looks awesome, is that tongue? lol. Yeah the room looks superb. The computer's usable, right? Can't wait for the beta, keep up the good work

Lol Thanks alot Mulch, I'm glad it's an improvement. lol Nope not tounge, flower pedals Ha ha ha. and actually yes the computer IS usable 0_o I tried it and It took me straight to google, isn't that amazing?! lol Anyway thanks alot and we'll do our best ;)

this game is gonna turn out sweet. I can't wait for the finished product. Gonna do alot of concept drawings.

I think so too Rock, and Sweet! Oh Nice new Avatar by the way, you even have a few things we haven't seen in there lol

You were right on the money, F.M.P. I am new here. i actually came here in the first place to check out Digimon Alpha, since I wanted to see what all the fuss was about. Now that I have...I can't wait for the release!

Ahh I see, well again, Welcome I hope you enjoy alot of the games here. Everyones put a lot of hard work into them :D, there's a fuss about Alpha? That's pretty cool anyways thanks ;)

I've been watching a lot of digimon, like Data Squad (first time... finished in two days...), Frontier and Tamers too, and I remembered how I used to always want a Calumon... Could he be part of the game too? They had him in the original DS game which I just started playing today... Also, you should have a wiki, it'll let you post all of the confirmed digimon, and give us a bunch of answers among other things. If you're too busy, you can designate someone to edit it and keep track of everything you post here, and other info, and put it into the wiki... I'd use wikia:

wikia.com/wiki/Special:CreateWiki

Calumon huh? We actually did a little something with him in it as a special event in game(though it's not an actually Calumon, more like an inanimate object) but we'll try to get him in there when we get close to completeing the game ;)

concerning the Wiki thing, I don't think I have enough time for that. I just reopened my other games thread and I'm trying to get a big reopeining update on there as well as finishing OG's Raptor for final release so I don't think I'll be doing that. If you're willing however, would you mind doing that?

First off I'd like to say that your game looks great so far, and I'm happy that someone is making a Digimon fangame, as almost all of the Digimon games released by Bandai were mediocre at best.

I'm wondering if all Digimon will be playable, and if so, don't you think it's more practical not to include battle sprites for each character? (like the guilmon one in your screenshot) Maybe it's just better to keep it first-person?

Anyway, good luck on your game, and I hope you have enough motivation to finish it. :)

Thank you and Welcome to PC and the Game development section of this fourm I hope that you like both ;)

To answer your question of if all the Digimon will be included in the game, most likely not because that'll be a ton of spriting to do on my part, but I do want to try to include a few of the Digimon the Fans of this game think would be cool to see. You're right that making tons of Battle spirit sprites would be to tough and time consuming and we also don't want to put Rockleon through all that stress, but we don't plan on making one for every Digimon. The way that system is designed is to give a bit more interest to the battle system. It makes everything more interesting when you can actually see your Digimon get attacked or land blows then watch the attack in action, but I guess the game will have a bit of a first and 3rd player effect to it.

I would like to say that this game looks awesome :). i created this account just to keep taps on this and pokemon HoF. I love the digi spirits you created for the male charcters. but do yo get to choose from a certain set of starter digimon?

Oh another new person! Thank you and Welcome to PC and the Game development section of this fourm I hope that you'll enjoy both ;)

Unfourtunately you don't get to choose right at the begining of the game for a set team of Digimon, but you DO get to make your own while you travel through the Digital world. You start off with either Kidomon or Cardinamon depending on your gender and build your team up from there later on after being transported to the Digital world.

I...i am simply extremely OVERWHELMED! The best thing i have ever seen on this forum! I support this game 100%! Where was it now i laid that support bar...?

Well thank you very much, and Welcome to PC and the Game development section of this fourm I hope that you enjoy both ;)
I would tell you where to put it, but I believe you found it lol

Note: We've finally have most of the secret event pictures put together that will allow you to change your Digivice color once you travel to the Digital world, so I'll let El(Likewise) reveal how that'll happen and what you must do if you want a specific color. Please note that once you travel to the Digital world. Your Digivice color will be permanent.

Likewise

Bye.
Years
Note: I'm only coming online so I can makey this update. : D
Alright, so we've been working on this feature for a week, (me making the posters, ty making the script) and here it is.
What basically happens is you go to the store, and you can buy a poster for your room, there are ten to chose from, we'll only going to be showing 8.
These posters do more then just sit there in your room, they also change the color of your digivice.
agumon.png
blackspecial.png
blueits.png
greena.png
pinkm.png
purpleh.png
redc.png
whitespecial.png

Bye bye~

alo123

Munchlax Trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 25, 2019
Those digivices look great I like the green one
the best since its my favorite color

monkeyboi

Pokemon hack/game player
Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2013
that is s cool if it weren't for this i would have never guessed that the posters did the digivices and i wouldn't have bought a poster, now i have to get one. probably the guilmon

Aelous

Pokemon Kid
Years
Nice, you finally added the color selection! yay =) - I would have never come up with that sort of thing... It's awesome!
anyway, about the wiki... I'll make it, just need you to pick the url, like: digimonworldalpha.wikia.com, dwa.wikia.com, or anything else you can come up with... I'll try to do the rest. Also, about pages for updates, and digi-fakes, I need your permission to post the pictures on a wiki, otherwise it'd be illegal... (you could upload the resources onto the wiki yourself too)

<~F.M.P~>

Years
Those digivices look great I like the green one
the best since its my favorite color

Glad you like them ;) Although those aren't final colors lol, just for quick screens to give you all a heads up.

that is s cool if it weren't for this i would have never guessed that the posters did the digivices and i wouldn't have bought a poster, now i have to get one. probably the guilmon

lol Good luck ;) It's kind of like a mingame I suppose.

Nice, you finally added the color selection! yay =) - I would have never come up with that sort of thing... It's awesome!
anyway, about the wiki... I'll make it, just need you to pick the url, like: digimonworldalpha.wikia.com, dwa.wikia.com, or anything else you can come up with... I'll try to do the rest. Also, about pages for updates, and digi-fakes, I need your permission to post the pictures on a wiki, otherwise it'd be illegal... (you could upload the resources onto the wiki yourself too)

The Url huh? Doesn't really matter to me so let's just go wit h the short and sweet one I suppose that you thought of; dwa.wikia.com, and yes you have my permisson to post the updates on there of course lol. I'll try to upload the resources as often as I can, but I can't promise anything :P Thanks alot for doing that.

Aelous

Pokemon Kid
Years
Well, actually thank you, if not for this project, I wouldn't have remembered how much I used to like Digimon, lol. Anyway, um... I made the wiki, now time to EDIT! =D

Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2009
What plans do you have for the digivolution system? Will the player be able to pick from a number of possible digivolutions or is it going to be linear?

Years
I put an article and made the Videos Section for now. Ive never been on wikia before so Im learning about it now, Also I dont know what Aelous has already put, so I may have posted with stuff already there....

Aelous

Pokemon Kid
Years
I put an article and made the Videos Section for now. Ive never been on wikia before so Im learning about it now, Also I dont know what Aelous has already put, so I may have posted with stuff already there....

Well, uh... I added the vids you put the links for, but...

to add a video to the wiki, just go to a page for an existing video and click on Replace Video, then paste the url and hit go, then click insert video and rename it, click insert and you're done... (I learned by testing yesterday)

Also, now that all of the vids are up, or atleast most of them... (i didn't add the original titlescreen because I already had the updated 1) we could add something describing the videos in the category. I'll leave that up to you, if that's okay. (the links have been deleted, you just have to describe the vids)

Aelous

Pokemon Kid
Years
Right, I forgot to mention, I'll post links to all of my current work on the Main Page, try to read through it if you can manage, also you should do the same until we reach the 8 pages (main page doesn't count, so it'd be '9')... About The About page, I already used that information on the Protagonist page and the Digimon World Alpha Article. Also, if you can try to revise some of the stuff I put too, like grammar mistakes, and other things that I might type that make no sense (I tend to do that a lot). Hopefully more people join!

<~F.M.P~>

Years
What plans do you have for the digivolution system? Will the player be able to pick from a number of possible digivolutions or is it going to be linear?

Ah great question, for the Digivoloution system we plan on making it a pick and fight Digivolution battle system...similar to DW3 in a bit...You get your starter Digimon(Kidomon or Cardinamon) and let's say you somehow are magically able level it up to like 30 in the first 20 minutes of the game 0_o You should then have a Rookie, Champion and a Ultimate to choose from. In battle you start off as a rookie and can pick either of the other too if you want...I'll even try to make it so that a certain Digivolution is constantly turned on if it's a wanted feature for you all...That just depends...I hope You understood what I was trying to get across and sorry if it was confusing.

Now

Aelous and Zephyr Gale. It definitely goes without saying that what you are doing for Alpha is a big help and Aelous, I'm glad it made you realize again, how much you liked Digimon ;)...Before it goes any further on the thread however, I need to check and make sure no ones breaking any rules though alright? I don't want anyone getting in trouble. But I do owe you guys a big deal of thanks and I will get in on it and help sometime real soon as well :P

monkeyboi

Pokemon hack/game player
Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2013
my vote is that you have a choice of digivolve on or off

Years
the Battle system sounds great. Believe me Ive played a few fangames before where the DV system....was....questionable.

I do really like that system though to, so go with that.

BTW, I finished Editing the Articles, so they should all be 99.99% grammar perfect :)

Aelous

Pokemon Kid
Years
I'd like the ability to choose who my digimon would turn into, so I think it'd be cool if as soon as your digimon meets the conditions to digivolve to a certain digimon, you get a message or something that lets you choose out of all of the possible champion forms, then in battle it can do so, then revert. You could also add something like Digimon World 4, where you can change your digimon into a different generation, that way, if someone wants to have a Greymon walking around with them, they can, then in battle it'll let you go up to MetalGreymon, than revert to Greymon. (not sure if you understand me...)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back