• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
(Also who will make the thread,If I do you can be co-owner.And if you do could I be Co-Owner?)
Absolutely.

Also, because I think it's important and can really help people out a ton, I'm going to remind everyone: we need a stickied thread with a collective list of all the challenges. I'm thinking it should be like this:

Spoiler:

Whadda ya think?

Domin-8

aka Unoringinally Funny
Years
I just have to say that looks good to me.
It would keep track easier.
And hey even though I don't post a lot, I could keep you guys informed on stuff that you may miss.
If you wish.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
What I had in mind is that since it's a sticky thread, everyone can post in it. Once someone comes up with a new idea, they post it there. Same goes for if anyone notices a thread move from active to abandoned, or if someone sees a challenge get remade.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
An official index sticky that everyone posts in? That sounds like the biggest no-no if I ever heard one. Besides if there's going to be a challenge index thread, I would much prefer, no offense, people with decent typing and font formatting to make it look good. Plus it would get locked so that people aren't all up in there posting and what not. I'd have to edit posts though, since once a thread's locked, you can't edit them. I don't know about it though. I'm not seeing the point in it too much. It's not like the fan fiction index thread. Fan fics are in more abundance and they're for reading, not participating. So even the fan fics that are already locked but are on the index (like mine), they're fine since they're purpose is to be read, not to be posted in. The part with the dying/dead challenges could be potential baddies since people like to revive old threads, and then they'd still sit there on the list, just because we have that one category for the dying challenges. Maybe in a different organization, such as sorting them by region/game/misc.

Either way, if this happens, it will not be any time soon. I said that now would be a good time to do it since this place hasn't had a new challenge in weeks, but right now, the idea is just not appealing to me.

Last edited:

GoGoShinyDunsparce

And Flounderp too!
Years
Alright, question - if I wanted to test run a challenge idea before sending it for moderator assessment, is there a place on the forum for me to post logs, or should I just keep them to myself until further notice?

Also, I'd quite like it if there was some kind of challenge-idea directory... but it's not a must, because all it takes is a little bit of time to look through this thread. Just my 2 cents.

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
The Challenge Forum isn't really that big,I don't know why we need a directory.Does it kill you to skim 2 pages.

The same amount of time to go on the Directory thread and find the thread you want,you would already be done finding the thread normaly. So that Idea is a big thumbs down.

@GGSD At the moment I guess you should keep it to yourself,but I will leave that to Sydian to decide.

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
Yes, but this challenge is for who wants to try it, none others.
And, for those who don't want to be spoilered, just don't enter in those threads.
Then be sure to make the Thread Title along these lines:
B/W:______ Challenge (Possible Spoilers)

Or Something like that.

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
I just fell in a pool with my DS in my pocket. My DS is currently destroyed, it doesn't work.
Well, only occassionally and it has random crashes anyways.
That means that my SS Nuzlocke is in a stall, and I hate that. I mean, it's the weekendz, and what am I supposed to do ?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Pory-Z, I saw your BW solo challenge. I sent messages to the members that run the main challenges that cover all generations, so the posts will be edited to include BW. And I'm also going to bring it to the admin's attention that we need a BW prefix to be added. So don't worry, we're working on getting the BW challenges up and running. :) However, I don't expect a lot of people to do challenges on BW too soon, since most people don't have it and people probably just wanna play through like normal and get a good feel of the game.

And that directory thread, I'm still iffy on. Like Chaos said, it's just 2 pages (the others past that are all inactive).

I also thought of a sort of challenge today while I was playing HG outside the library, however it might just be a personal feat I want to do out of boredom. But the gist of it is that one day, you play one game. Just start wherever you left off on it, whether you were doing a challenge or done with it or whatever. Don't restart...like...hold on.

Day 1 - Red Version
Day 2 - Blue
Day 3 - Yellow
Day 4 - Gold
Etc.

You take that cycle, skipping a game if you don't have it of course, but yeah. Up until Black or White. What you do is just play where you left off and only play that game that particular day. You don't have to be glued to it, but just play it enough to get somewhere. And at the end of that day, you post where you started and your team at that point and where you stopped by the time you were done for that day. I might do this...since I have all the games (except Green). It's only mainstream games, so no spin offs. I hope that idea made sense. :( I don't think I'll post a thread for it...mainly cause I can't think of a name.

Years
Sounds like a good idea, Syd, although it might be good to shuffle the order a bit. Always playing twin/triplet versions right after each other looks like a bit tedious to me.

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
Okay, I get your point, Syd. But since it gets really tedious to play every game from every gen., how about this :

Day 1 - Red
Day 2 - Silver
Day 3 - Emerald
Day 4 - Diamond
Day 5 - Black (if you have it).

Remember, it is just a suggestion so that it doesn't get really iffy.
And we also need to think up a name...

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Sounds like a good idea, Syd, although it might be good to shuffle the order a bit. Always playing twin/triplet versions right after each other looks like a bit tedious to me.

Yeah, I was thinking that too. Cause I hate DP and FRLG and wouldn't wanna play them consistently. I might post this later. Also, you don't have to be too consistent with your days either. You don't have to play every single day. We have lives. Maybe.

Really, a very good idea, since I've got too all games.

But, why not inserting also a spin-off like Mystery Dungeons?

It would be more funnier and longer

I think the reason I thought this would be fun is because I have been feeling really nostalgic lately, and I really wanna just play some old games for a bit.

Oh, and it wouldn't matter if you used ROMs or a hard copy. I have two copies of Emerald, but I'd prefer to use my ROM since 1 Emerald is storage and the other is probably done. If you have multiples of a game, you can choose which one you want to play.

Yeah...I think I just might post this later. :)

Okay, I get your point, Syd. But since it gets really tedious to play every game from every gen., how about this :

Day 1 - Red
Day 2 - Silver
Day 3 - Emerald
Day 4 - Diamond
Day 5 - Black (if you have it).

Remember, it is just a suggestion so that it doesn't get really iffy.
And we also need to think up a name...

Yeah, I suppose you can just ask someone to mix up the order, just tell them which games you have. I'd probably put White last since it's on its way for me. And I'm really weird about having something missing, so I feel like I would have to have both Black and White in there. Haha. I'm just weird like that I guess. And feel free to pitch name ideas at me. :) I'll start thinking of some as well...like while I'm in band.

Oh, and you don't really have to go in generation order. I might start with Ruby then go to Black then Yellow, etc. I mean, think of crazy combos. :P Oh, and this would include the remakes as well. Like I said, every mainstream (or as many as you have).

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
New challenge sounds cool I guess,since I have no life :D

Oh and I HATE YOUTUBE D:

Takes 6 minutes to upload 1% so that means it takes me 600 Minutes (10 hours). And I'm not going through that,sorry everyone who wanted a video walkthrough (Probably nobody) but I let you guys down.

Since I can spoil all I want this was gonna be my Survival Team

Spoiler:

I will try to make the thread right now so I can Update without annoying you all xD

WE MUST ALL COPY SYDIAN'S THEME >:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back