• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

March Maaaadness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I made the mistake of swimming in a lake with friends without sunscreen last summer. Severe 2nd degree sunburn covering my entire face. >_> My skin literally turned purple. Needless to say, I was hiding indoors for a while haha.

That actually happened twice. You'd think I would have learned my lesson the first time, but nope. A family member actually wanted to take me to the ER on one of those occasions.

Years
Oh man, Cat Dog is gonna kick my ass for that one hahahhaa!

But yeah, I've never been sunburnt in my entire life, though I usually did put sunscreen on.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I've never gotten sunburnt before hehe. The closest I've been to being sunburnt was when my skin turned sooo brown it looked like I was baked lol. xD I swum a lot during my younger days at school under the hot sun at 12 in the afternoon, so it's not a wonder I turned so dark. I wonder how it feels like to be sunburnt. I've had a few of my friends who had gotten sunburnt before; their skin was red and raw and peeling all over the place. D:

First it hurts whenever your skin is touched, as if it was completely raw. Then it's also incredibly hot, like if you put a cold washcloth there the washcloth will completely warm up. Then it feels tight, because your skin is dry and won't stretch as much. Then the feeling pretty much goes away.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Realized the other day that sunburns and blisters are the same with showering. >_o ow.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I remember not being able to talk properly or have any facial expression while it was burned. I probably seemed bored or depressed or something haha.

@Cosmotone
The pictures and GIF didn't show up once. So it just looked like your signature was the word "crap" written in large, bold font.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
It's also the same when you have a cold and blow your nose a lot and the skin around your nose gets all raw.

YES, that happens a LOT to me too, since I suffer from sinus problems quite often. Oh, and it's especially annoying when I get the dripping taps during winter when I'm on holiday in another country. It gets so sore I can't even clear my nose and have to go round breathing through my mouth the entire time ;A;

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Oh god. Having a blocked nose is such a pain. Especially when you're trying to sleep and you're breathing with your mouth instead of your nose ><

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I think it's worse when you only have one side blocked...such an awkward feeling.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I'm allergic to everything dust, so that happens to me. >_> It specifically gets on my nerves if I'm trying to sleep.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Whenever I have sinus problems, it's like if I forgotten how it feels to have both of my nostrils unblocked because when I do have sinus problems, it stays for like a week or so lmao :C

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Fun fact, you only breathe out of one side of your nose at one time!

Honest

Hi!
Years
I actually don't have allergies. I've just weakened my immune system so much that I get sick all the time xc

EDIT: Wait, Toujie, seriously?

Honest

Hi!
Years
I'm actually not even sure, to be honest. It's definitely weaker, though, I've gotten sick so much more in the past year than the years before.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Ah, okay. I guess I had misunderstood, then. It sounded like you had done something specific that damaged your immune system.

I normally don't get sick much, short of an occasional virus or something of that sort.

Last edited:

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
I honestly don't know if I'm allergic to anything.

And I get sick every winter, mostly because I sometimes don't wear enough clothing when I'm outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back